Embarkation Time?

cccmmmm

I should qualify Noon embarkation.  That is time to turn up for LFT.  Once you have been pinged on iPhone about 30 minutes later to tell you the test is negative you can proceed to check in.  If there are no delays you should be on the ship about 1300 or soon afterwards.

3 hours ago, cccmmmm said:

Sailing from Southampton on QM2 next month, does anybody know approximate embarkation time for Queens Grill cabins please?  Thanks in advance.

Embarkation  all depends on the time of 'Your' Check-in time.

In this present climate ( post covid ) 'your check-in time is now your Test Time' ,this will be indicated on your boarding card, when the time comes for you to download  it .

Embarkation & Check-in procedures for all categories ( and world club level) have slightly changed for the time being .   

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Livefromthebridge said:

Im Platinum and called Cunard as my boarding time says 13:15 . They said I can still turn up at Southampton from noon . Hope that is still correct . 

That may be wishful thinking.

Are you are on a cruise in the very near future? Arriving by car, your 13.15 is the time for being COVID tested. We have been at the port when early arrivals have been sent to a holding car park.

If you are having a test at the Ocean Terminal after arriving by taxi or coach, and it is busy, it is possible you will have to wait for your turn somewhere.

At present these times are for our safety so that the terminal building does not get overcrowded. We have taken a few cruises since restart, and it is definitely the Grills passengers only, who are moved forward to the area just before security for early boarding.

Perhaps  you have the ability to time your arrival as required: it might save you a frustrating wait. Boarding some WC passengers early is not like it was pre COVID.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Livefromthebridge said:

Im Platinum and called Cunard as my boarding time says 13:15 . They said I can still turn up at Southampton from noon . Hope that is still correct . 

"They said" ....Who is They ?     Hopefully it wasn't a part-time Saturday agent at Cunard giving out conflicting information , or on arrival you may find being sent to the back of the 'covid testing' queue I'm afraid.  

16 hours ago, Livefromthebridge said:

Cunard have had an issue with regards to CWC level being applied to boarding pass. When we were issued 3pm when we are Platinum and have priority boarding. Cunard told me to turn up anytime after midday which we did and there was not a problem. To prove my priority boarding Cunard sent me an e-mail to show if there was a problem, there wasnt they didnt even look at boarding time on boarding pass at Covid testing drive through.

Edited by majortom10
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is boarding in NY, you can throw out whatever your boarding time is.....

We were supposed to board at 12:30 on Feb. 22. We waited for a solid hour and half before we even got into the terminal building. Reams of paper work, certificates, passports, etc, that only one person was checking at the entrance.  I realize that the ship was late getting in (terrible weather) but that shouldn't have been a problem for the check in staff. A case of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. We finally boarded around 2:30. BTW, it didn't matter a bit if you were grill class, diamond, inside, outside or whatever.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Cunard have had an issue with regards to CWC level being applied to boarding pass. When we were issued 3pm when we are Platinum and have priority boarding. Cunard told me to turn up anytime after midday which we did and there was not a problem. To prove my priority boarding Cunard sent me an e-mail to show if there was a problem, there wasnt they didnt even look at boarding time on boarding pass at Covid testing drive through.

Well I believe you may have been lucky. On the 13th October 2021 CPS testing checked my boarding card along with the other vaccination documentation, the driver of the Car just ahead of me at the Mayflower Covid test centre was asked to turn around and directed out of the line and directed to a holding area nearby.

I assume this guest may have arrived far too early. ?   

1 minute ago, Bell Boy said:

Well I believe you may have been lucky. On the 13th October 2021 CPS testing checked my boarding card along with the other vaccination documentation, the driver of the Car just ahead of me at the Mayflower Covid test centre was asked to turn around and directed out of the line and directed to a holding area nearby.

I assume this guest may have arrived far too early. ?   

But you dont know for definite you are just guessing and you may well be incorrect. There could be many reasons why that happened. We cruised on QE on the very first Seacation after the pause in August and again in November and on both occasions when using drive thru Covid test centre we were never even asked to see our boarding pass  just vaccination proof and passport.

We should be boarding QE tomorrow, negative test permitting.

Have just received this text from Cunard, so this should clarify arrival time for those who intend to just “turn up whenever”.

This will be our 3rd post pandemic cruise, and never had this before. Perhaps they are being more rigorous with testing time scrutiny.

We look forward to welcoming you on board. Proof of your vaccination status including proof of the booster, if more than 270 days have elapsed since your second vaccine, will be checked at the terminal before embarkation. On the day, we request you undertake a Covid-19 test before setting off for the ship. Please arrive at the time stated on your e-ticket for your Covid-19 test. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Changes to the pre boarding Covid Testing 31st March 2022

With effect from 31st March 2022 all Covid testing will now take place at the Cruise Terminals

Those using CPS parking ( with affect from 31st March 2022) should drive directly to their cruise terminal and use the 'walk-in testing venue' adjacent to the cruise terminal.

Those departing up until 30th  March and using CPS parking should continue to use the Covid testing at the Mayflower testing area . 

Edited by Bell Boy

On 3/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, Mudhen said:

If anyone is boarding in NY, you can throw out whatever your boarding time is.....

We were supposed to board at 12:30 on Feb. 22. We waited for a solid hour and half before we even got into the terminal building. Reams of paper work, certificates, passports, etc, that only one person was checking at the entrance.  I realize that the ship was late getting in (terrible weather) but that shouldn't have been a problem for the check in staff. A case of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. We finally boarded around 2:30. BTW, it didn't matter a bit if you were grill class, diamond, inside, outside or whatever.

When boarding in New YOrk you can arrive at any time.  As you, we were caught up in the delay on Feb 22

Passengers boarding in the U.K. have to be tested and so they have to abide by the time assigned

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

We're in PG as well. Our e ticket says 12:30.

Ours is 12:30 also, but I wonder if we could arrive earlier.  We have to check out of our hotel in Brooklyn by 11a.m.

You may (or may not) have to wait a little to check in. We were there in Feb. and it was a mess as the QM2 came in late. We were lined up like cord wood as they would not let us in the terminal until the everyone was off the ship and it had been coast guard cleared. 

My hope is that you (we?) can check in and if need be, wait in the grill's waiting room. There are chairs, water, etc. 

6 hours ago, Mudhen said:

You may (or may not) have to wait a little to check in. We were there in Feb. and it was a mess as the QM2 came in late. We were lined up like cord wood as they would not let us in the terminal until the everyone was off the ship and it had been coast guard cleared. 

My hope is that you (we?) can check in and if need be, wait in the grill's waiting room. There are chairs, water, etc. 

I was hoping that there would be a grill's waiting room.  I hope we can check in and wait there.  I hope QM2 gets in on time-or even early!

8 hours ago, FritzG said:

I was hoping that there would be a grill's waiting room.  I hope we can check in and wait there.  I hope QM2 gets in on time-or even early!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed!!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:59 PM, FritzG said:

Our experience in Brooklyn on May 1: We arrived quite early (for various reasons) and we were held in the main entrance lobby of the terminal until the ship was ready for boarding. Because there were MANY roundtrip passengers who couldn't do daytrips into NYC, they were (re)boarded first, at around 11am. These folks (quite rightly) occupied the couple dozen chairs available in that lobby. Sometime around 11:15-11:30, we were taken into the first security line, passed through the xrays area and waited in a line for a health screening, then went through the actual check-in. This was all pretty quick, but we didn't reach the QG waiting room until about 11:45. There were plenty of seats in that lounge, and we boarded around 12:15-12:30 (which was the stated arrival time on our welcome letters).

(As I mentioned in another thread, the entire process was a little ad hoc because the Five Borough bicycle race in New York confused matters. All of this contributed to our late departure from the dock, by the way.)

Short answer: Nope, unless they refine the process, you won't be able to wait in a QG lounge before your stated arrival time. Check-in is the final step, not the first.

On 5/15/2022 at 6:23 AM, TouchstoneFeste said:

Because there were MANY roundtrip passengers who couldn't do daytrips into NYC, they were (re)boarded first, at around 11am. These folks (quite rightly) occupied the couple dozen chairs available in that lobby. Sometime around 11:15-11:30, we were taken into the first security line, passed through the xrays area and waited in a line for a health screening, then went through the actual check-in. he first.

I have a round trip transatlantic booked in November, and we had intended to simply stay on board.  Are you saying we will not be allowed to do that?

10 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

I have a round trip transatlantic booked in November, and we had intended to simply stay on board.  Are you saying we will not be allowed to do that?

That's correct, all passengers have to leave the ship in New York. It's not normally for long but there will be some hanging around.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That's correct, all passengers have to leave the ship in New York. It's not normally for long but there will be some hanging around.

That's a pain.  Oh well, we may consider having an excursion then.  If we have to get off anyway, we might as well make the most of it.