Celebrity Apple Store

riredsox

Just purchased this on the Celebrity Constellation!!  $2400 and I just found out it is 4 years old AND it has a drained battery and I have to pay to have it fixed!  I just opened it yesterday and Celebrity said not our problem it’s Apples!  Really?  You sold it to us!  We called Apple and they said it shouldn’t have been sold at all.  Shameful!!!

713D84E3-27A2-40E5-BA42-DA147C914074.jpeg

E5EDCF0C-01A3-4114-A306-AA8715ED39AF.jpeg

8 minutes ago, riredsox said:

Just purchased this on the Celebrity Constellation!!  $2400 and I just found out it is 4 years old AND it has a drained battery and I have to pay to have it fixed!  I just opened it yesterday and Celebrity said not our problem it’s Apples!  Really?  You sold it to us!  We called Apple and they said it shouldn’t have been sold at all.  Shameful!!!

713D84E3-27A2-40E5-BA42-DA147C914074.jpeg

E5EDCF0C-01A3-4114-A306-AA8715ED39AF.jpeg

Unfortunately Celebrity is correct.  It is an actual Apple store, Apple sold it to you, just like in a mall etc.  They contract with Celebrity like they do mall owners to sell their products to passengers.

Unfortunately I've been hearing a lot of this.    The shop on the ship is NOT and Apple store but a vendor that is an authorized dealer.   They got stuck with a lot of inventory and in my searching and questioning many on ships the inventory has not been refreshed since the initial shut down.

I'm hoping that by April they will have new inventory but not holding my breath.

I you purchase with OBC I would contact the Resolution Desk but if NR you may have a problem.   If purchased and ultimately charged to your Credit Card, I would dispute with Credit Card as defective merchandise sold.