Celebrity Apex suites worth the price

ND3537

7 minutes ago, Madio said:

And I’m pretty sure that will turn out to be one of my DH’s favorite bars as well.

EDEN bar is fun to hang out in, too.  Bartenders make some tasty and unique drinks.  Plus, there's usually good entertainment there for both the restaurant and bar patrons.

I'm betting you'll like Eden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I didn’t like the look of the menu at Eden, really liked prime cut and Le Petit chef , will definitely do that at least once next week on summit.

let us know, be very interested to hear your thoughts, enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

EDEN bar is fun to hang out in, too.  Bartenders make some tasty and unique drinks.  Plus, there's usually good entertainment there for both the restaurant and bar patrons.

Wow….it sounds like some great bars.  In my previous post, I made a mistake when I said my DH would love that bar (I was thinking of Magic Carpet), but maybe Eden is nice too, right?

11 minutes ago, Madio said:

Wow….it sounds like some great bars.  In my previous post, I made a mistake when I said my DH would love that bar (I was thinking of Magic Carpet), but maybe Eden is nice too, right?

On the S Class ships (Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette) they had flair bartenders at the Martini Bar.  So entertaining!!  Do they have those on Apex? Which bars? Thanks.

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I loved the entertainment and the drinks, the lived music in Eden and by Martini bar started about 1pm we would go back and forth depending who was playing. 

3 hours ago, Madio said:

On the S Class ships (Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette) they had flair bartenders at the Martini Bar.  So entertaining!!  Do they have those on Apex? Which bars? Thanks.

On E-Class the flair bartenders pair their show with the LED Chandelier light show above the Martini Bar that occurs a few times a night.

46 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

On E-Class the flair bartenders pair their show with the LED Chandelier light show above the Martini Bar that occurs a few times a night.

VERY loud, especially if you are in one of the MDRs

Following this thread with interest. Booked on the Edge this Oct for a Transatlantic and have a Sky Suite, our first Retreat/Suite experience. Did it because there are so many at sea days on these itineraries and thought this was the time to give it a go.

Should be fun, but have done 2 Edge cruises and 1 Apex, and love the full ship experience, so hope the Retreat just adds to it. 

Den

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Madio said:

In all frankness, I hung out in all those same bars at different times of the day/night.

-Magic Carpet during the day on sea days and for sunsets

-Eden bar for pre and post dinner drinks

-Martini bar for nightcaps and special events (like Silent Disco)

Hard to make a bad choice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

In all frankness, I hung out in all those same bars at different times of the day/night.

-Magic Carpet during the day on sea days and for sunsets

-Eden bar for pre and post dinner drinks

-Martini bar for nightcaps and special events (like Silent Disco)

Hard to make a bad choice.

Thanks graphicguy…..I copied down your suggestions.  

• Like 1

I am a bit of an outlier in that I don't drink much and as an elite plus, I get coffees and a bit of wine at dinner anyway. I prefer not to have wifi onboard just to completely unplug, so that just leaves the tips. I use the money I save not getting the AI package to get a Simply SAIL aft Sky Suite because I prefer the large balconies out of the wind. Since I have done the specialty restaurants before, I generally just stick with Luminae, Blu or one of the Main ones. Sometimes I get a weeklong spa pass if they offer a special ahead of time @200 for 2.  Even adding on an occasional drink, I still come out ahead. 

I did a last minute cruise on the Edge with my daughter in Jan. in a regular cabin and still had a glorious cruise, great service and wonderful food. When we spend the extra money, I prefer not to get off the ship, so I also take the ports into account.