Disembarking at Cape Liberty after TA

kbert92069

Not East coast knowledgeable person here so I really don't know.  I will be disembarking from a TA at Cape Liberty.  I will be flying back home to San Diego that day.  We like non-stop and business class for longer journeys.  I note the there are more times and flights available from JFL than from EWK in Newark.  I would like help deciding the relative merits of either.  Newark is closer and thus a lower Uber fare but seems like a longer wait in the terminal for my flights.  We are mobility impaired so not ones for public transportation.

What's the safest flight departure time from Newark vs safest departure time from JFK.  Thanks for your help.

Karl

4 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

Not East coast knowledgeable person here so I really don't know.  I will be disembarking from a TA at Cape Liberty.  I will be flying back home to San Diego that day.  We like non-stop and business class for longer journeys.  I note the there are more times and flights available from JFL than from EWK in Newark.  I would like help deciding the relative merits of either.  Newark is closer and thus a lower Uber fare but seems like a longer wait in the terminal for my flights.  We are mobility impaired so not ones for public transportation.

What's the safest flight departure time from Newark vs safest departure time from JFK.  Thanks for your help.

Karl

What time does your cruise arrive? What are the flight times? That information would make it a lot easier to answer your question.

Disembarkation from a TA will take longer than it would for a typical closed loop cruise because of customs and immigration checks.

I'm sure it was just a typo, but the correct code for Newark International is EWR, not EWK. EWK is an altogether different airport .

6 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

What time does your cruise arrive? What are the flight times? That information would make it a lot easier to answer your question.

Disembarkation from a TA will take longer than it would for a typical closed loop cruise because of customs and immigration checks.

I'm sure it was just a typo, but the correct code for Newark International is EWR, not EWK. EWK is an altogether different airport .

Opps,  yes, that should be EWR.  The TA arrives 5am which I'm guessing let's people off beginning around 7:30 am.  We won't be self disembarking so later in the morning for us.  Yes, customs is an unknown time frame for me.  Hopefully someone with experience can comment.  This is planned for October.  

Out of JFK I have an 11:30 am and a 4:55 pm.  Out of EWR one nonstop at 7:40pm and then flights with stops at 9:35, 10:30 and 5:30.  At least in JFK we could wait in a lounge.  

32 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

Opps,  yes, that should be EWR.  The TA arrives 5am which I'm guessing let's people off beginning around 7:30 am.  We won't be self disembarking so later in the morning for us.  Yes, customs is an unknown time frame for me.  Hopefully someone with experience can comment.  This is planned for October.  

Out of JFK I have an 11:30 am and a 4:55 pm.  Out of EWR one nonstop at 7:40pm and then flights with stops at 9:35, 10:30 and 5:30.  At least in JFK we could wait in a lounge.  

If want a nonstop and you're willing to disembark early you could probably make the 11:30 am from JFK, but since you're not doing self disembarkation I'd recommend the 4:55 pm from JFK. With the 4:55 you can take your time disembarking and still not have any worries about traffic on the drive to JFK. Since you'll have a lounge available at JFK your wait at the airport should be tolerable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

If want a nonstop and you're willing to disembark early you could probably make the 11:30 am from JFK, but since you're not doing self disembarkation I'd recommend the 4:55 pm from JFK. With the 4:55 you can take your time disembarking and still not have any worries about traffic on the drive to JFK. Since you'll have a lounge available at JFK your wait at the airport should be tolerable.

That 11:30 is possible, but could be a rush.  Given the three hour time difference (east coast to west coast), that 4:55 from JFK should get you to Carifornia at a decent time - you might be able to have a decent, leisurely  pre-flight lunch at the airport.

• Like 1