Any recent reports of CruiseNext transfer times?

SeaOfTranquility

Has anyone recently transferred a CruiseNext certificate?  I would like to transfer one to my sister.  The cruise she would like to book is about 2 months away from sail date.  I understand that she cannot apply the CN cert until it is in her account and NCL is telling me that the CN department is backed up (understandable) and that it may take 30 days for the transfer to be completed.  If you recently transferred a CN certificate, how long did it take?  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

A friend transferred four certificates to my account last week via email to the CruiseNext Department.  He submitted the request on Tuesday, and the certificates were in my account the next day, along with an email confirming the transfer.

1 hour ago, lexxfield said:

A friend transferred four certificates to my account last week via email to the CruiseNext Department.  He submitted the request on Tuesday, and the certificates were in my account the next day, along with an email confirming the transfer.

Can you ask your friend how they were able to do this?  I have been calling the cruisenext department for over a week, and no matter what time I call i'm told they are close.

I called general customer service and was told I need to send an email to request the certificate be transferred.  I received an email back stating I will hear something back within 30 days (it was a automatic response).  it has now been a week & a half and still not transfered. 

1 hour ago, lexxfield said:

Thank you for the data points @debenson0723 and @lexxfield.  Lexxfield, could you please ask your friend what email he used and post it here?  

Edited by SeaOfTranquility

if you have a PCC they can make it happen.  This is the process when FIL transferred his to me.

Send email to PPC with owners name and latitude number stating they want to transfer CruiseNext  certificates to Recipient (their latitudes number is helpful but not required. Certificate numbers are not required but are helpful.

I had them on my account the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently transferred 2 to my son.  I called and booked the cruise and they put a hold on it. At that time they sent a request to Cruise Next to transfer them.  I kept watching it and the cruise hold was about to end and I didn't want to lose the booking so I called and was told they were backed up and the only way to keep the cruise was to put a deposit on my credit card.  They said as soon as the certificates were transferred they would refund the deposit.  I wasn't happy about it as I see this as their problem and feel like they should extend the hold. But in the end I did put the deposit down.  It took just shy of 2 weeks for the certificates to show up in the account.  As soon as I saw them, I called him back and the refund for the deposit was promptly refunded.  I was quite surprised how quickly it was refunded.

Oh, the email for CruiseNext is cruisenext@ncl.com. Give them your name, latitudes number, certificate numbers, the person's name you are transferring it to and their latitudes number. Don't bother trying to call CruiseNext because they aren't even answering the phone.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mscloyd said:

Oh, the email for CruiseNext is cruisenext@ncl.com. Give them your name, latitudes number, certificate numbers, the person's name you are transferring it to and their latitudes number. Don't bother trying to call CruiseNext because they aren't even answering the phone.

cruisenext@ncl.com is the email address that my friend used.  He did not attempt to call NCL concerning the transfer.  In the email, he had his name, telephone number, address, Latitudes account number, and the certificate numbers he wanted transferred. He then instructed in the email to transfer those certificates to my Latitudes account and listed my full name, account number, address, telephone number, and date of birth.  He also requested a confirmation email when the transfer was complete.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I am late to this party, but I have experience with this as of today. We wrote and requested to have them transferred 2 days ago, so 48hrs seems like a reasonable data point.
This is what I did:
1. Email the request to cruisenext@ncl.com. I sent it from the profile email address of the transferrer (person sending the cert)
2. Include the names, latitude numbers, and dates of birth for transferor and transferee. I figure the more info they have proving I am who I say I am only helps. 
3. Include numbers and dates of expiration for certificates
4. Wait