Disembarkation Times, Specifically on the Bliss out of LA

albertamom

On our recent Viking cruise, returning to LA, we had to vacate our cabins by 7:00 and be off the ship no later than 9:30.  This was to accommodate the enhanced cleaning measures due to Covid.  Should we expect a similar experience on the Bliss in a couple of weeks?  What have recent cruisers experienced?

In December, they wanted staterooms to be vacated by 8AM.  Walk-offs started at 7:30AM and different color groups started at 8AM.  Last group listed was 9:45AM for NCL transfers for late flights out of LAX.  We had an 1PM flight and we were given the 8:20AM group.

Note: If you booked NCL air and using NCL transfers and have a late flight but wanted to go to LAX earlier (say pick up a rental car and drive around LA a bit instead of sitting at the airport), NCL would NOT let you change the disembarkation group.

Edit: Thanks for the note on Viking's disembarkation time.  I'll need to change my transfer pick up time at Piraeus earlier.  😎

Edited by Selion
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Selion said:

In December, they wanted staterooms to be vacated by 8AM.  Walk-offs started at 7:30AM and different color groups started at 8AM.  Last group listed was 9:45AM for NCL transfers for late flights out of LAX.  We had an 1PM flight and we were given the 8:20AM group.

Note: If you booked NCL air and using NCL transfers and have a late flight but wanted to go to LAX earlier (say pick up a rental car and drive around LA a bit instead of sitting at the airport), NCL would NOT let you change the disembarkation group.

Thank you so much.  Having to leave our room by 7:00 was no fun, since we didn't have to leave the ship until 9:30.  I hope it is still the same.  🤞

We are making our own way to the airport and don't want to be there before 10:00, so won't be rushing.

10 hours ago, Selion said:

I guess this has changed since 2019 then.  I had a late flight but did self-disembark and just boarded the first shuttle available.  Nobody questioned us except to verify we had paid for the shuttle.  We actually thought we might get an earlier flight but the NCL tickets on AA wouldn't allow it so we just picked up our rental and toured some sights around LA.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hallux said:

I guess this has changed since 2019 then.  I had a late flight but did self-disembark and just boarded the first shuttle available.  Nobody questioned us except to verify we had paid for the shuttle.  We actually thought we might get an earlier flight but the NCL tickets on AA wouldn't allow it so we just picked up our rental and toured some sights around LA.

It must depend on the ship and who you talk to in Guest Services.  Last week on the Escape our flights from Orlando were at 4:30 and 5:30.  Purchased our transfers on the ship and asked to be put on the first bus so we could rent a car at MCO and go to Disney Springs for a few hours.  We were off the ship by 7:50 and the bus left Port Canaveral at 8:15.   Maybe the difference is we didn't have NCL flights but had booked our own.

5 hours ago, hallux said:

I had a late flight but did self-disembark and just boarded the first shuttle available.  Nobody questioned us except to verify we had paid for the shuttle. 

I actually thought about that after we sat down on the bus to LAX.  Could've grabbed another color group and disembark at that time.

4 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

It must depend on the ship and who you talk to in Guest Services. ...  Purchased our transfers on the ship...

When I talked to guest services, he asked whether if we booked the transfer on the ship or pre-booked with NCL air.  When I said with NCL air, that was when he said he can't change the disembarkation group.

• Like 1