Allure capacity on current sailings?

Hey all 🙂 My mom and I are headed out on the Allure on 3/27 and just curious on how many folks we could expect on board. I've been curiously following other capacity threads and appreciate any info yall have! Also glad to take any other tips / advice you have for sailing on the Allure.

Happy Wednesday to all!

Royal does not release those numbers. Things change daily now with Omicron rapidly declining. You'll get different answers even if you ask crew once on board. My crystal ball says by the end of March you MIGHT have 70% capacity. 

Sailed last October on Ovation,  brought Harmony across on the trans-Atlantic, and cruised January on Indy, all with highly reduced capacity. It was wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Royal does not release those numbers. Things change daily now with Omicron rapidly declining. You'll get different answers even if you ask crew once on board. My crystal ball says by the end of March you MIGHT have 70% capacity. 

Sailed last October on Ovation,  brought Harmony across on the trans-Atlantic, and cruised January on Indy, all with highly reduced capacity. It was wonderful.

Thanks so much! This is about what we expected - I see you're from Michigan (where my mom's at) and I know that the state has spring break then, so we expect a fair number of snow-sick cruisers to be ready to sail in late March 🙂

17 hours ago, Rick-n-Lisa said:

We sailed Feb 5th and was told 3200 passengers.   3100 of them were chair hogs lol!

The cursed chair hogs!! My mom and I were just talking yesterday about how I'd need to get up early to go grab chairs... and actually stay there, unlike others 😆Thanks so much for the insight!

Lol,we sailed allure last august,the 1st cruise out for her since covid. There were 1500 passengers and I still couldnt get a chair close to pool. Lol

yes I to predict it will be full capacity soon. I bet by summer. I honestly hated sailing low capacity. It was a ghost ship whic seems cool at first but it wasnt. It was depressing being the only family out on boardwalk at 9pm at night. People give the energy of the ship. No people,no energy. Im looking forward to our may and august cruises and seeing people once again! 

On 2/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, rtazz17 said:

Lol,we sailed allure last august,the 1st cruise out for her since covid. There were 1500 passengers and I still couldnt get a chair close to pool. Lol

yes I to predict it will be full capacity soon. I bet by summer. I honestly hated sailing low capacity. It was a ghost ship whic seems cool at first but it wasnt. It was depressing being the only family out on boardwalk at 9pm at night. People give the energy of the ship. No people,no energy. Im looking forward to our may and august cruises and seeing people once again! 

Thanks for your insight! I have never been on a ship this large, so I’m definitely curious to see the capacity on our late March sailing. Definitely want to have fun, and sometimes that requires other friendly faces!

I just got off symphony today and on Allure in 2 weeks. They announced that all sailings will be low capacity till end of April. May on it’s full capacity again. We only had 2850 passengers and it was amazing. Still had to get to shows early and some things were not open because of low count. Johnny rocket’s and solarium closed for breakfast. Solarium always closed actually 

• Like 1

We just got off Allure this morning.  We heard several different numbers about the number of people on board, but all were in the 2800-3100 range.  It really did not matter because the ship was definitely not crowded.  Most of the people were good about observing the 6 person limit on the elevators. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

We just got off Allure this morning.  We heard several different numbers about the number of people on board, but all were in the 2800-3100 range.  It really did not matter because the ship was definitely not crowded.  Most of the people were good about observing the 6 person limit on the elevators. 

Thank you so much for this intel! Any advice / tips for the Allure? We are super excited to get on! Hope you had an incredible time. 

3 hours ago, renza said:

I just got off symphony today and on Allure in 2 weeks. They announced that all sailings will be low capacity till end of April. May on it’s full capacity again. We only had 2850 passengers and it was amazing. Still had to get to shows early and some things were not open because of low count. Johnny rocket’s and solarium closed for breakfast. Solarium always closed actually 

Great. I have another cruise coming up in April. Allure was awesome in January with slightly under 3500 aboard. It wasn't crowded but enough people for things to be fun.

20 minutes ago, rikkimiller said:

Thank you so much for this intel! Any advice / tips for the Allure? We are super excited to get on! Hope you had an incredible time. 

20 minutes ago, rikkimiller said:

Just saw you were on symphony - ignore me!