Ocean View vs Deluxe Ocean View

KatieBug28

We've never done an ocean view cabin before and are thinking of giving it a try if we end up booking a last-minute Spring Break cruise. A Deluxe Ocean View is only $12 more, so thinking about trying that.  However, a little worried about the space issue. Does the extra washroom make the cabin super cramped? 

My love for long hot baths is at war with my need for space for my family of 4! Any tips or suggestions appreciated!

I'm sure this has been covered before but the search function is giving me some issues. TIA!

I have been in deluxe OV cabins on several ships.  The space inside the cabin doesn’t seem smaller because of the second bathroom.  For someone who enjoys long hot baths though, you should know that the tub in the second bathroom is a mini-tub.  An adult couldn’t stretch out in the tub, but it’s good for children.  Also, that bathroom is just the mini tub with shower and a sink.  No toilet.

If you want long hot baths (with jacuzzi jets) you would be better off upgrading to a suite as they have full jetted tubs and extra the space.  The second bathroom in the OV deluxe cabins are small but great for the kids to take baths and brush teeth (no additional toilet unfortunately).  That extra space works best for families I think.  Try it once as the cost is minimal and see if it works for you.   

I got a deluxe ocean view and thought it was very nice but wasted on just me as a solo. But enjoyed it. It was a involuntary move lol, not my choice.

Has a extra set of closets in addition to the 2nd bathroom with a sink and tub. I've got more pictures showing the shower in the tub if you want them.

For $12 why not?

20211026_002230.jpg

20211026_002116.jpg

20211025_184513.jpg

4 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

I LOVE the deluxe ocean view. I believe their sq footage is a bit larger than regular ocean view. The tub is short but very deep. I just lay down in it with my legs propped on the walls.

I second this!  The extra 1/2 bath actually makes the cabin longer, so more square footage.  It's definitely worth $12.  It also makes it much easier for my husband and I to get ready for dinner, etc., at the same time.  And because there's a tub, it makes showering much easier since there's more room in that shower space compared to the other traditional bathroom which is much smaller.