Medallion App

trbarton

Haven't done it yet but... Looking at the app go to Ocean View and then tap on the up and down arrows. I get a choice of All or My Events so there is obviously a way to do it once onboard. I know I did it multiple times with the old app.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Haven't done it yet but... Looking at the app go to Ocean View and then tap on the up and down arrows. I get a choice of All or My Events so there is obviously a way to do it once onboard. I know I did it multiple times with the old app.

I suspect that My Events will be for items you book such as excursions, dinner reservations, etc.

This is a subject of great interest to me.

Unfortunately, as recently as December 2021 there was no way to add any events to the Journey View. I checked with 3 different people at the Medallion kiosk on the Sky and, while one had no idea what I was talking about, the other two confirmed this was not possible.

It seems absurd to me that you can't even add Princess-scheduled events, such as shore excursions, specialty dining reservations, spa appointments, etc. (although specialty dining does at least show up under DineMyWay). As @Thrak mentioned, I was pretty sure I had done this on the former Princess app. Heck, even the much maligned Celebrity app will automatically add events you schedule through the cruise line (such as those I listed above) as well as personally scheduled events (such as private shore excursions, meet and greets, etc.).

Unfortunately, the "My Events" tab is only for events already listed on the JourneyView schedule that you indicate you wish to attend. It does not allow you to add events not listed on JourneyView.

I lodged my suggestion that this very reasonable (IMHO) functionality be added as a future enhancement, both at the Medallion kiosk and on my post-cruise survey.

I hear there was a recent update to the app, so maybe this has changed in the last 8 weeks (though I doubt it). Still, if anyone finds a way to add such other events to JourneyView, I would love to hear about it. But, the above was my personal experience.

Hope this is helpful. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
added clarification

3 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

This is a subject of great interest to me.

Unfortunately, as recently as December 2021 there was no way to add any events to the Journey View. I checked with 3 different people at the Medallion kiosk on the Sky and, while one had no idea what I was talking about, the other two confirmed this was not possible.

It seems absurd to me that you can't even add Princess-scheduled events, such as shore excursions, specialty dining reservations, spa appointments, etc. (although specialty dining does at least show up under DineMyWay). As @Thrak mentioned, I was pretty sure I had done this on the former Princess app. Heck, even the much maligned Celebrity app will automatically add events you schedule through the cruise line (such as those I listed above) as well as personally scheduled events (such as private shore excursions, meet and greets, etc.).

Unfortunately, the "My Events" tab is only for events already listed on the JourneyView schedule that you indicate you wish to attend. It does not allow you to add events not listed on JourneyView.

I lodged my suggestion that this very reasonable (IMHO) functionality be added as a future enhancement, both at the Medallion kiosk and on my post-cruise survey.

I hear there was a recent update to the app, so maybe this has changed in the last 8 weeks (though I doubt it). Still, if anyone finds a way to add such other events to JourneyView, I would love to hear about it. But, the above was my personal experience.

Hope this is helpful. 

Yes on the previous app you could add your own events. It needs a major upgrade. 

Tom😀

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Also, the "old" web-based app (on the ship) was much easier to see the daily schedule of events.  Now you have to scroll up, down, left, right and you *still* may very well miss something that you *know* is supposed to be there!

Yup, my survey response mentioned that, as well. It's really not user friendly at all on a smartphone. 

The "old app" still works on the Ruby, suspect other ships as well.   I used it on the Ruby last Nov and again in Jan.  Much faster and more reliable then the M app although some of the new features on the M app are useful.  However when the M app will emerge from Beta is anyone's guess.  Based on the track record so far it's not encouraging so I always load use the "old app" first then the M app if its working. 

It's actually not an app but a simple web interface that can be accessed free on the ships intranet.   On the Ruby the browser address is ruby.princess.com.

When on other ships replace ruby with your shipsname.princess.com

HTH,

Rick 

• Like 4