Included Madrid Pre-Stay Tour Question

mkerner

We are doing the pre-stay in Madrid prior to our Mediterranean Odessay cruise. I have another question for the Forum since you were so helpful on my previous question!.  How long is the included Viking tour?  From the description on live for the pre-stay it seems fairly extensive.  Also, it says there is a tour of the Prado museum.  Is this correct and if so are tickets included?  Thanks for any assistance.

Just now, mkerner said:

We are doing the pre-stay in Madrid prior to our Mediterranean Odessay cruise. I have another question for the Forum since you were so helpful on my previous question!.  How long is the included Viking tour?  From the description on live for the pre-stay it seems fairly extensive.  Also, it says there is a tour of the Prado museum.  Is this correct and if so are tickets included?  Thanks for any assistance.

We did this in 2019. Prada tickets were included, and we had museum whispers so we can hear our Viking tour guide. His knowledge was extensive and he explained the art very well.

We highly recommend the package. We also had first class seats on the hi speed train to Barcelona.our luggage was driven down separately and waiting for us when we embarked.

We are doing the Madrid pre-tour in April 2022 before our Trade Routes Cruise.

Are there any optional tours offered in Barcelona on the day of arrival?

Thanks for all the great info and help.

2 hours ago, MSEm said:

We are doing the Madrid pre-tour in April 2022 before our Trade Routes Cruise.

Are there any optional tours offered in Barcelona on the day of arrival?

Thanks for all the great info and help.

I think there was an optional evening excursion to experience Flamenco music.

We did the per Madrid extension last November.

The included your tan about 3.5 hours, ending at the Prado.  We had tickets for entry and after the tour we were allowed to stay and your on our own. There was an exhibit that you had to pay for seperately, if you chose.

The Intercontinental Madrid was a nice hotel.  The Sorolla Museum was right around the corner, 5 minute walk. It was free the day we went. Not to be missed. I thought it was better than the Prado, jmo.

23 hours ago, hersheyhughes said:

The Intercontinental Madrid was a nice hotel.  The Sorolla Museum was right around the corner, 5 minute walk. It was free the day we went. Not to be missed. I thought it was better than the Prado, jmo.

Ditto x10!   I saw it for the first time in 1971.  I took my husband there in 1979 and my daughters in 2011. It is my all-time favorite museum -- and I have seen a lot of them over the years.  The museum is housed in his home, which contains his studio.  

Last time I was there they were open until 7pm (but closed mid-day for siesta). Check the website.