Sodas and Luggage Tags

whitecap

Our last cruise was Feb 2020 so we are trying to catch up on any changes.  Has anyone, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale recently, placed a luggage tag on a 12 pack of soda, given it to the porter at luggage check in, and have them show up in your cabin?  We use to do this all the time and hope that it is still allowed.

Thanks in advance for any information.

3 hours ago, whitecap said:

Our last cruise was Feb 2020 so we are trying to catch up on any changes.  Has anyone, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale recently, placed a luggage tag on a 12 pack of soda, given it to the porter at luggage check in, and have them show up in your cabin?  We use to do this all the time and hope that it is still allowed.

Thanks in advance for any information.

We did this in November in FLL. We were prepared to carry it on but when we asked the porter he said he could take it. 

Here’s their Passage Contract statement:

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s their Passage Contract statement:

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Thanks.  This is the same Passage Contract they have had for a very long time.  During each of our many cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, we have carefully sealed at least one 12 pack, placed a luggage tag on it and dropped it off with the porter.  They have always arrived safely in the cabin.  We were hoping that this was still being allowed.  We'll try it on April 2d.  Thanks for the response and have a great weekend. 

4 hours ago, whitecap said:

Thanks.  This is the same Passage Contract they have had for a very long time.  During each of our many cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, we have carefully sealed at least one 12 pack, placed a luggage tag on it and dropped it off with the porter.  They have always arrived safely in the cabin.  We were hoping that this was still being allowed.  We'll try it on April 2d.  Thanks for the response and have a great weekend. 

The only difference being that only cans are now allowed.

Plastic bottles are forbidden or so they say.😕

We'll be bringing plastic bottle next cruise & if they take them, so be it.

4 hours ago, whitecap said:

dropped it off with the porter.  They have always arrived safely in the cabin.

The porters do not work for the cruise line.  They work for the port.  They will certainly not discourage you from utilizing their services, they don't want to jeopardize that tip.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

The porters do not work for the cruise line.  They work for the port.  They will certainly not discourage you from utilizing their services, they don't want to jeopardize that tip.

I guess you could say the same for the security people??

1 hour ago, FraudBroad said:

Did this in both December and February when boarding the Enchanted without a problem!

Did you meant carrying cans/bottles of soda or giving it to the porters?

I love bottles so I can reseal them for a drink later.

19 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Did you meant carrying cans/bottles of soda or giving it to the porters?

I love bottles so I can reseal them for a drink later.

We gave 12 packs of cans to the porters. I was aware they didn't want bottles brought on so we only brought cans!

2 hours ago, FraudBroad said:

We gave 12 packs of cans to the porters. I was aware they didn't want bottles brought on so we only brought cans!

We'll be testing the bottles next cruise.

I'll let you know how it works out. (I suspect it'll be overlooked) 

• Like 1