AT&T Cruise Package anyone?

khuselid

Hi all,

Getting excited about 26 days on Marina. Has anyone purchased AT&T's cruise package for cell text and phone, it does have some data? It is supposed to work when we are 'at sea' and our phones indicate 'cellular at sea'. We did a Viking cruise, first one, in November and the wifi was terrific and we could both be on at the same time. I recall Oceania's wifi is not as good? Wondering about this AT&T deal. 11th Oceania cruise so we are familiar.

Please no comments about not needing cell phones while on vacation. Some of us just do.

Thanks, kim 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, khuselid said:

Hi all,

Getting excited about 26 days on Marina. Has anyone purchased AT&T's cruise package for cell text and phone, it does have some data? It is supposed to work when we are 'at sea' and our phones indicate 'cellular at sea'. We did a Viking cruise, first one, in November and the wifi was terrific and we could both be on at the same time. I recall Oceania's wifi is not as good? Wondering about this AT&T deal. 11th Oceania cruise so we are familiar.

Please no comments about not needing cell phones while on vacation. Some of us just do.

Thanks, kim 

Could you use Whats App to call people?

Uses wifi  just get friends /family to sign up

For business maybe not  so good 😉

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Could you use Whats App to call people?

Uses wifi  just get friends /family to sign up

For business maybe not  so good 😉

Yeah, only good for certain things. Would love to hear if anyone has used the AT&T package. Thanks.

I've used the package on a couple of cruises - for phone only - and at $10/day it was a bargain!  And the price only applies for the days that you use it, not for every day.  As stated, I only used it for text and phone since I had my laptop with me for 'computing'.

Donna

• Like 1

You only need the included wifi. Set  your phone up for WiFi calling, put it in Airplane Mode with WiFi on.  Test it at home. Then you have cell, text and data onboard and no need for the AT&T cruise package. The AT&T packages have very limited data.

Edited by Charles4515

I'm not sure Oceania is one of the cruise lines covered on the AT&T package for use on board the ship.  I signed up for the package and used it on shore, but got hit with a huge bill when I forgot to turn on airplane mode when I got back on board the ship.  If I were you, I would double check with AT&T about usage when out at sea on board before using it except when port.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The AT&T $10/day is great, but only while you are onshore. Your get your GPS maps, internet, etc. But Turn off cellular while you are onboard or on the docks near the ship! Thank's where you get the big bills. Onboard, cellular off and wifi and bluetooth on. Almost like being home. You can use wifi calling or an app while onboard. Do check the huge list of covered countries. Some, like Russia, Switzerland and China are not in the $10/day plan.

We left ATT about 5 years ago for T Mobile, the prices are significantly better, especially for seniors and Veterans. Far superior overall service for world travelers. We Face Time with family using the ships wi fi for no charge along with texting with friends on board. We pay $.25 a minute pretty much all over the world if we do have to make a call in the various ports but have never had to call anyone.  No Special plans or rates to worry about when we travel. Check it out, they might even throw in a new iPhone 🤪👍💵.

Mauibabes

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 3:26 PM, khuselid said:

Hi all,

Thanks, kim 

Limited data, so don't send picures and email. use it for phone and texts, i did the 100 per month which gives unlimited ohone and text while on board, Do the 10 per day for land or while your in port for the other stuff

Yeah, I used the 10 per day on land for text and email which worked really well for sending pix etc. Then I just used the wifi onboard. The 8 sea days were challenging as no one had great internet....but we survived.

thanks for your responses!!

Watching the NBA Finals, T Mobile advertising is hitting hard, advertising up to $1000 back.  I would suggest you drop into a TMobile store and ask some questions because no matter what you are paying ATT, you will really save some money.  
Good luck whatever way you go.

Mauibabes

• Like 1