Flying home out of Fairbanks, AK

Europeantraveler1

We’ve got a land/cruise booked from Vancouver to Fairbanks as our final stop.  We don’t have an issue with the flight TO Vancouver (from the east coast) but we’ve been looking for hours for a flight out of Fairbanks that will get us back home and so far, we’re not having any luck at all (even tried the EZAir option).  Any suggestions out there? 

We flew from Fairbanks to Anchorage to Seattle and then to DFW.  It took us 24 hours to get home.  We had met some folks in Fairbanks that were heading to San Francisco for a couple of days before heading home just to break it up.  I think it’s just one of those trips…

We are planning a Alaska cruise + land trip for 2023.  After looking at all the options, flying in and out of Fairbanks was eliminated from our list.  Fairbanks may be nice, but the cost is higher to fly in or out than Anchorage and the flight time.  Most of the flights were Fairbanks to Anchorage (long lay over) and then to Seattle and then home.  

We booked through EZ air, but opposite schedule…. Boston to Fairbanks (Alaskan Air) Vancouver to Boston (Air Canada….non stop).  Definitely got better pricing this way…but man the flights stink lol….Leave Boston at 9:30am and arrive in Fairbanks at 8:51pm (12:51 EST).  After lots of comparing, we ended up booking business class to Fairbanks.  For Alaskan air, that is their first class seats,  $250pp more and we save $80pp in luggage fees, so down to $170 more.  Comfy seats, more room, free drinks and food. 

Flying in and out of Fairbanks sucks. It is hard enough to find a flight to or from Alaska. Flights from Alaska are always night flights.

I have no idea why lol think they need to visit Fairbanks.  I live in Alaska so I know

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pamwigs said:

Flying in and out of Fairbanks sucks. It is hard enough to find a flight to or from Alaska. Flights from Alaska are always night flights.

I have no idea why lol think they need to visit Fairbanks.  I live in Alaska so I know

Lived in Anchorage for 4 years and visiting this summer...never had a flight that left before 2000 or so...with one exception...had a noon flight once to Las Vegas. 🙂  And the cost difference is noticeable!!  BTW:  love fishing from Homer!

Edited by USCcruisecrazy