Azamara Air [UK]... The omitted information!

les37b

1 hour ago, suttonrunner said:

Thank you  so much HalifaxYorksCruiser,

After tearing my hair out and feeling at a loss all  this week, I was contacted by Azamara last night (Not the same woman I spoke with earlier in the week who denied Azamara having any responsibility in helping me whatsoever, even though I did mention their cruise package promise - it's in the spiel when you phone them).  They have now agreed to refund my lost days (five nights , six days, not sure about the pre cruise hotel, but I would think so).   I do feel  so much better  now.   What a week - I just need to get to the ship on Sunday evening  in Barbados, relax and enjoy what is left of my holiday.

Thank you so much  to everyone who has supported me on here -  I found it really difficult being on my own  not knowing what I should do so I  appreciate everyone's help.  Thank you,  Jacqueline x

Wonderful news and we wish you the best holiday!

This restores my faith in Azamara and I'm hopeful this was a case of miscommunication or someone not knowing or following established protocol for what was clearly their responsibility. 

Edited by Ayden
  • Like 2

Jacqueline - I’m so glad things were resolved for you.   I would just suggest that you keep a careful record of any out-of-pocket expenses you incur as a result of this situation.   Many insurance plans cover things you wouldn’t expect, and I’d hate to see you have to pay for something that your expensive insurance would cover - that’s what it’s for.  Make sure you have all receipts and copies of any communications, and when you submit your claim, make a copy of everything before you send it, just in case the claim is lost.

Filing insurance claims is a lot of work, but when something does go wrong, it can give you peace of mind knowing you won’t be out of pocket.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Thank you  so much HalifaxYorksCruiser,

After tearing my hair out and feeling at a loss all  this week, I was contacted by Azamara last night (Not the same woman I spoke with earlier in the week who denied Azamara having any responsibility in helping me whatsoever, even though I did mention their cruise package promise - it's in the spiel when you phone them).  They have now agreed to refund my lost days (five nights , six days, not sure about the pre cruise hotel, but I would think so).   I do feel  so much better  now.   What a week - I just need to get to the ship on Sunday evening  in Barbados, relax and enjoy what is left of my holiday.

Thank you so much  to everyone who has supported me on here -  I found it really difficult being on my own  not knowing what I should do so I  appreciate everyone's help.  Thank you,  Jacqueline x

Hi Jacqueline.

Good to hear that Azamara are now moving in the right direction. I think we will all be waiting to hear from you once you are safely onboard. Have  a great time. Best wishes, Mark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Hi Jacqueline.

Good to hear that Azamara are now moving in the right direction. I think we will all be waiting to hear from you once you are safely onboard. Have  a great time. Best wishes, Mark.

Thank you Mark, all documents uploaded on the Barbados Airport App, Negative PCR test today so good to go. (I have spent a fortune on Covid tests this week!)

2 hours ago, uktog said:

BA are having another meltdown I DO hope this doesn’t affect you. Take care 

Thank you  UK TOG  I saw that and my heart sank as it doesn't sound good at all affecting many flights  -  I had  been booked through BA again  but fortunately the flight is operated by Aer  Lingus so it directed me to their website.  I have just completed online check in for tomorrow am. I still won't rest until I walk out of  baggage reclaim in Barbados towards the wonderful person holding up the Azamara sign. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, suttonrunner said:

Thank you  UK TOG  I saw that and my heart sank as it doesn't sound good at all affecting many flights  -  I had  been booked through BA again  but fortunately the flight is operated by Aer  Lingus so it directed me to their website.  I have just completed online check in for tomorrow am. I still won't rest until I walk out of  baggage reclaim in Barbados towards the wonderful person holding up the Azamara sign. 

So did you get to sail and enjoy yourself?

Meanwhile, despite finding a solution to my issues this thread was started for, I have still been chasing in the hope that Azamara sort this without additional cost to me. (Why should I have to cough up £60 for their error?)

8 days ago I finally got a call to run through the issues which I made clear we are happy with the chosen flights, just that we must have an overhead locker bag for all my camera equipment which was omitted in the booking details when it was checked. They agreed they would look to getting it added for me (and it really should be something that absolutely anyone could sort.)

I've just called again to chase as I've still not heard and i have 2 days before my final balance is due. I ran though the details, said what the issue was and was then asked "so what would you like me to do"? I said "obviously I'm trying to get the bag added as agreed in the call last week" and the wonderful Lisa thought it would be funny to cut me off. Having been on the call for 40 minutes, I was less than impressed. I called back. After a further 20 minutes I got through. I got Lisa again! I thanked her for cutting me off and told her I'd like her to take my number so she could call me back in case of another little accident.

I explained yet again why I needed the overhead locker bag. She said she was looking at the notes which said they were seeing if they could cancel the flights! My god. What is wrong with these people? She went away and came back 10 minutes later telling me "i have cabin bag I can put under my seat." It really felt like I was talking with someone being deliberately obtuse or someone who should not be public facing as its clear she hadn't listened to what she had been told.

So she said she would ask "Casey" to call me back. Since she failed to call me back and by the sound has done nothing with the flight people who realistically are the only ones who can do this but just seemingly fob these ladies off.

I expressed my concern again that payment was due by the 9 March. She said she would extend this until the 16th. I requested something by email to confirm this as to date I've not been able to trust anything these guys are saying. She promised to do so.

Unfortunately as half expected, Lisa hasn't done so.

The experience to date (and indeed the posts in this thread) have pretty much ensured this is my first and last Azamara sailing. Shambles is being kind.

So I finally got an email. Strangely it was headed as "seating with easyJet". I was expecting Lisa's reply to confirm what she had promised to do and confirm that the final due date was extended to give this time to be sorted. 

Unfortunately, she forgot to keep her promise to do this and instead suggested I contacted easyJet to reserve my seat.

My overhead case has now become a seat query.

I'm almost speechless. 

On 3/7/2022 at 3:19 PM, les37b said:

So did you get to sail and enjoy yourself?

Meanwhile, despite finding a solution to my issues this thread was started for, I have still been chasing in the hope that Azamara sort this without additional cost to me. (Why should I have to cough up £60 for their error?)

8 days ago I finally got a call to run through the issues which I made clear we are happy with the chosen flights, just that we must have an overhead locker bag for all my camera equipment which was omitted in the booking details when it was checked. They agreed they would look to getting it added for me (and it really should be something that absolutely anyone could sort.)

I've just called again to chase as I've still not heard and i have 2 days before my final balance is due. I ran though the details, said what the issue was and was then asked "so what would you like me to do"? I said "obviously I'm trying to get the bag added as agreed in the call last week" and the wonderful Lisa thought it would be funny to cut me off. Having been on the call for 40 minutes, I was less than impressed. I called back. After a further 20 minutes I got through. I got Lisa again! I thanked her for cutting me off and told her I'd like her to take my number so she could call me back in case of another little accident.

I explained yet again why I needed the overhead locker bag. She said she was looking at the notes which said they were seeing if they could cancel the flights! My god. What is wrong with these people? She went away and came back 10 minutes later telling me "i have cabin bag I can put under my seat." It really felt like I was talking with someone being deliberately obtuse or someone who should not be public facing as its clear she hadn't listened to what she had been told.

So she said she would ask "Casey" to call me back. Since she failed to call me back and by the sound has done nothing with the flight people who realistically are the only ones who can do this but just seemingly fob these ladies off.

I expressed my concern again that payment was due by the 9 March. She said she would extend this until the 16th. I requested something by email to confirm this as to date I've not been able to trust anything these guys are saying. She promised to do so.

Unfortunately as half expected, Lisa hasn't done so.

The experience to date (and indeed the posts in this thread) have pretty much ensured this is my first and last Azamara sailing. Shambles is being kind.

Hello Les 37B  Yes I am on the Quest now on the second leg of my  B2B cruise, boarded in Barbados on the 29th Feb late evening.   I thank you for all your support and for  everyone else that helped me so much in my predicament as I did feel so  hopeless at the time.

Everything onboard is more than 

wonderful.  I have put the misap with the cruise  to the back of my mind and I am enjoying a wonderful time on the Quest.  There are just over 350 ish passengers on this leg as opposed to the first leg being just under 200 px so can see a difference. The service is lovely and the staff have made my solo journey so much better, I could not ask for more from the wonderful staff  andI  feel more than relaxed and not at all lonely.

Jacqueline  

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, suttonrunner said:

Hello Les 37B  Yes I am on the Quest now on the second leg of my  B2B cruise, boarded in Barbados on the 29th Feb late evening.   I thank you for all your support and for  everyone else that helped me so much in my predicament as I did feel so  hopeless at the time.

wonderful.  I have put the misap with the cruise  to the back of my mind and I am enjoying a wonderful time on the Quest.  There are just over 350 ish passengers on this leg as opposed to the first leg being just under 200 px so can see a difference. The service is lovely and the staff have made my solo journey so much better, I could not ask for more from the wonderful staff  andI  feel more than relaxed and not at all lonely.

Jacqueline  

Your post has so brightened my evening, I am so happy to read this

• Like 3

9 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Jacqueline  

That’s wonderful. So pleased that ‘alls well that ends well’ worked out for you!

16 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Jacqueline  

Good to hear that you are having a lovely time on Quest. Suspect that your weather is rather better than here in West Yorks 😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After finally getting the ability to add an overhead cabin bag direct inside my easyject account, I left it a few days as I didnt see it as a rush to pay for something else deemed non refundable. I logged into my easyjet account at the weekend to find they had increased the price for upfront seat + bag from £18.99 to £28. Non stop inflation! Annoyed with myself. I immediately coughed up for Car parking in case that did the same.

• Haha 1

This great song was directed at Ryanair (others now similar).  I had the dubious pleasure of selling their cargo space and interacting with their infamous management team.   Their most profitable route was to Knock - as many of Irish lineage wished to be buried there.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Good to hear that you are having a lovely time on Quest. Suspect that your weather is rather better than here in West Yorks 😎

Hello Halifax Yorks Cruiser,  Thank you, I had a great time, loved it so much that I have booked a further cruise in May this year back on the Quest.   Yes the weather was mostly hot and dry but did experience some very wet unexpected downpours.   But nothing like the storms  you were experiencing in the UK though, it has been truly awful for such a long time.  The weather has been splendid since my return home with not a spot of rain until yesterday here in North Yorkshire.  Jacqueline 

7 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Hello Halifax Yorks Cruiser,  Thank you, I had a great time, loved it so much that I have booked a further cruise in May this year back on the Quest.   Yes the weather was mostly hot and dry but did experience some very wet unexpected downpours.   But nothing like the storms  you were experiencing in the UK though, it has been truly awful for such a long time.  The weather has been splendid since my return home with not a spot of rain until yesterday here in North Yorkshire.  Jacqueline 

Hi Jacqueline. Great to hear that you had a wonderful time. I was wondering how you were getting on.  How was the food and wine ?
I can’t believe that last Saturday was 20c here last Saturday and last night 0c and snowing.
I am on Quest on the 23rd April but Azamara notified yesterday that the last overnight departure port has been changed from Venice to Ravenna which I am not particularly thrilled about ( particularly the 2.5 hour coach transfer to the airport). 
Mark