Signature Beverage Package—availability of Coke Zero on the Koningsdam?

disneyochem

Hello, seasoned cruiser but first time cruiser on HAL.  We are cruising out of San Diego on the Koningsdam at the end of March.  Have the Signature Beverage package on this cruise.

Question:  hubby’s drink of choice in the a.m. is Coke Zero. Not Diet Coke but Coke Zero.  We normally carry a 12 pack on board just so he’ll have his soda.  I’m aware that the SBP does not include the Freestyle Coke machines but is Coke Zero available onboard?  He prefers canned soda but also drinks fountain Coke Zero from a bar.  

TIA!  (Selfish question on my part—would love to travel just once without lugging along cans of soda!)

Edited by disneyochem
Grammar!

I don’t recall any cans of Zero on the Koningsdam. I “think” freestyle is your only option. IIRC you can no longer bring soda on board. You may be able to have Guest Services grant you an exception. My last trip on the Kdam I met a passenger who was able to use the freestyle for Powerade because none was available on the ship in a bottle. 

DH may have to suffer with Diet Coke.  My travel partner prefers to drink Coke Zero.  When we were on the Koningsdam three years ago and the Rotterdam in October, 2021, no Coke Zero.  In both trips we were leaving Europe for the US, and Coke Zero is not common in many parts of Europe.   Who knows what they will stock for a San Diego departure.  We are leaving San Diego on the Noordam in October, 2022.  Hopefully there will be some Coke Zero on board.  

Why not ask your TA to contact HAL and have them be sure to order some Coke Zero for your cruise. 
since HAL sells Coke products, it shouldn't be a problem for them to stock Coke Zero---if they don't already have it. They could get it in the cans your husband prefers. 

We were on the Koningsdam in Norway in 2018 and again in the Southern Caribbean in January 2020. Both times, the ship ran out of cans of Coke Zero.  In 2018, Coke Zero was not available in Europe and the Europeans on board were drinking as much as they could!  In 2020, they actually came and took all of the Coke Zeros out of the minibars to restock the bars for a couple of days.  I think the message to corporate was clear--Coke Zero over Diet Coke, please.

15 hours ago, Radbooks said:

They do on the Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam.

And the Rotterdam... But in October 2021 during the TA, they were not available.  And at that time, the bar 'guns' were disabled too.  The only option was cans, and I 'think' I might have ended with Coke Zero once (I prefer Diet Coke).

Don't know the situation today, however.