On the Nieuw Amsterdam and happy to answer questions

lupaglupa

On 2/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, jpnr said:

Are they still selling coffee cards and wine bottle packages?

thanks

I didn't see anything about coffee cards. I did see info on wine packages. We had the beverage package so we didn't investigate other options. 

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Hello! We are on this ship (yes, the NA not the NS) next October. I booked a Spa Inside. What category room are you in?

@Sunchaser46

No Dutch Cafe on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Boo hoo.

We booked a verandah and took a sweet upgrade to a signature suite, which we loved. The extra space made having our teenager in the room with us much easier. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lupaglupa said:

We booked a verandah and took a sweet upgrade to a signature suite, which we loved. The extra space made having our teenager in the room with us much easier. 

I wrote my PCC last night asking her to switch us to an Observation Deck verandah, which I had forgotten existed on the NA. (Looking at too many deckplans!) They are also classified "Spa" which means nothing to us, but the convenience of the Crows Nest and to have our own outside space is a plus with the unknowns of this year. And the difference in dollars is do-able.

Your upgrade sounds wonderful with a teen!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

to switch us to an Observation Deck verandah, which I had forgotten existed on the NA. (Looking at too many deckplans!) They are also classified "Spa" which means nothing to us, but the convenience of the Crows Nest and to have our own outside space is a plus with the unknowns of this year. And the difference in dollars is do-able.

If the verandah is on deck 11, the balcony is not normal size, but a bit narrow (but larger than a french balcony). Better than an inside, though! 

Balcony NA 11002.png

Edited by PSR

2 hours ago, PSR said:

If the verandah is on deck 11, the balcony is not normal size, but a bit narrow (but larger than a french balcony). Better than an inside, though! 

Balcony NA 11002.png

Yes I know! But location location location. We have had two balconies before: once when it was too hot/humid to use (Panama) and once when too cold (Cape Horn). I just really like the large windows and arrangement of the room! 

ETA, and the location of the room on Crows Nest deck.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

I didn't think the larger balcony would be a big change but it really was nice - the lounge chairs are really comfortable and we liked having the bigger table for snacks and binoculars etc. But it was the bigger bathroom that was the best. Two sinks and a whirlpool tub. So nice at night. 

Our teenager is a terrible slob and having the vanity for his luggage and other items was a plus. We moved the (heavy!) coffee table into the space under the desk which freed up floor space. So instead of crawling over his clothes as we have done in veranda/balcony rooms before, we had clear floor space to walk in. 

Now of course, everyone wants to have a suite again next time 🙄

1 hour ago, lupaglupa said:

Now of course, everyone wants to have a suite again next time 🙄

I feel your pain. When it is the wife and I, cabin size really does not matter. Any balcony in a good location is great, regardless of room size. When it is the daughter (now 21) and I (1 with her in 2019, 1  in early 2020 before the unmentionable, 1 coming up middle this month, and 1 in August), I book whatever that lines version is of a junior suite, just for the extra room. Full suites are just not in the budget:)

• Haha 1