Choice Air refund

psygist

I’m booked on an Azamara Black Sea cruise in June with final payment imminent. If the cruise is canceled due to Russian hostilities in Ukraine, will Azamara refund my airfare?  It says there’s a $250 cancellation fee. Also wondering if I can change the flights to other cruise destinations without incurring any change or cancellation fees. 

it’s impossible to get through to Azamara these days so any advice provided here is appreciated!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, psygist said:

I’m booked on an Azamara Black Sea cruise in June with final payment imminent. If the cruise is canceled due to Russian hostilities in Ukraine, will Azamara refund my airfare?  It says there’s a $250 cancellation fee. Also wondering if I can change the flights to other cruise destinations without incurring any change or cancellation fees. 

it’s impossible to get through to Azamara these days so any advice provided here is appreciated!

I have always gotten refunds from ChoiceAir when a cruise has been canceled. Don’t know about changing flights though. I would suggest that you call ChoiceAir directly - and then report back!

If your air is booked through Azamara, they should refund your air if the cruise is cancelled. If you booked your air fare yourself,then it’s likely you’d either lose it or only be able to get a voucher for future use. If you have travel insurance, you should be able to claim back any costs if the cruise is cancelled. When our October 21 cruise was cancelled we lost a non refundable hotel booking fee and some air cancellation costs, but we’re able to claim all our losses from our travel insurer.

It is very unlikely that Azamara will cancel your Black Sea cruise. We were on a previous Azamara Black Sea cruise when there was another serious conflict in the Ukraine. Most likely your cruise will just pick up another port as a replacement, as was done on our cruise. Disappointing yes, but certainly not enough to justify a cancelation and refund of your airline transportation.