Carnival Celebration - Oh My

BlerkOne

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, crazy4themouse said:

If I'm not mistaken, the TA is usually considered the "maiden voyage", and then the first cruise from it's home port is considered the inaugural -- although I could definitely be wrong. 

I believe this is correct.

3 hours ago, kdr69 said:

So the TA is not considered the Inaugural cruise?

I consider it the Inaugural cruise. and Maiden. as in the first with paying passengers.

Inaugural has become more of a marketing term as in the first voyage from a new home port. Ships seem to have no end of those. Seems to bring higher prices.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It seems like a lot of people wish they would have kept JiJis

All they would have to do is offer Mongolian Wok at lunchtime at Chibang. That would solve the problem. There are similar items for dinner. Chibang offers much more variety except for a Mongolian Wok. And with Street Eats the Asian food offers on Excel Class ships are pretty complete for a mainstream cruise line. 

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

All they would have to do is offer Mongolian Wok at lunchtime at Chibang. That would solve the problem. There are similar items for dinner. Chibang offers much more variety except for a Mongolian Wok. And with Street Eats the Asian food offers on Excel Class ships are pretty complete for a mainstream cruise line. 

There would seem to be some overlap with Blue Iguana at lunch, and Chibang has noodle bowls at lunch.

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It seems like a lot of people wish they would have kept JiJis

No question.  Jiji's on the Horizon was worth the 15.00 upcharge for dinner.  If Carnival decides to charge 15.00 for Chibang on the Celebration, I would not pay it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

All they would have to do is offer Mongolian Wok at lunchtime at Chibang. That would solve the problem. 

They do that already on the three sea days on the Mardi Gras.  They even took it one step further and added broth options with standard ingredients in chicken, pork and beef options.

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

They do that already on the three sea days on the Mardi Gras.  They even took it one step further and added broth options with standard ingredients in chicken, pork and beef options.

Well then. As a Chinese American who learned to use chopsticks before a fork I was perfectly happy with Chibang as a substitute for Jiji's which I also enjoyed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Well then. As a Chinese American who learned to use chopsticks before a fork I was perfectly happy with Chibang as a substitute for Jiji's which I also enjoyed. 

I was just mentioning that the Mongolian Wok option is available at Chibang on the 3 at sea days.  I was disappointed that it wasn't available on embarkation day on the MG since it is available on the Horizon at Jiji's.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was just mentioning that the Mongolian Wok option is available at Chibang on the 3 at sea days.  I was disappointed that it wasn't available on embarkation day on the MG since it is available on the Horizon at Jiji's.

Having been "primed" by previous cruises on the Vista and the Magic, we made a beeline for Chibang and the Cucina as soon as we boarded the Mardi Gras and were disappointed that both were closed on embark day.  

My last-minute, last sea-day stir-fry bowl at Chibang was excellent, though.  One of the best meals I had on Mardi Gras, and THAT's sayin' something.  

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I understand. When I sailed on the Mardi Gras I never made it to Chibang for lunch, so I was unaware what was served there for lunch. I was under the impression there wasn't stir fry noodles available. Since it is then it should be just as satisfying as Jiji's on other ships, albeit maybe not open as frequently. I'll be on a B2B on MG in April, so will definitely have the opportunity to try it for lunch. 

9 hours ago, formerjerseygirl said:

I wonder what the 2 as of yet undisclosed zones will be?  If no French Quarter will this ship still have Emeril’s or the Brass Magnolia Bar?

Emeril's, Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller will all be replaced.  Yet to be determined if it will be two bars and another eating venue.

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I understand. When I sailed on the Mardi Gras I never made it to Chibang for lunch, so I was unaware what was served there for lunch. I was under the impression there wasn't stir fry noodles available. Since it is then it should be just as satisfying as Jiji's on other ships, albeit maybe not open as frequently. I'll be on a B2B on MG in April, so will definitely have the opportunity to try it for lunch. 

Besides the standard Mongolian Wok items like on the other ships, they also have 3 broth noodle versions in chicken, steak and shrimp.  Here is an article that shows the choices. https://cruiseradio.net/menu-chibang-mexican-chinese-restaurant-mardi-gras/

Edited by SNJCruisers

21 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I consider it the Inaugural cruise. and Maiden. as in the first with paying passengers.

Inaugural has become more of a marketing term as in the first voyage from a new home port. Ships seem to have no end of those. Seems to bring higher prices.

it is a semantics game at best.  I for one would not book a TA especially these days.  I have never seen so many changes over the last 3 years with our without covid.

I do agree and most folks would too.  Inaugural and Maiden are interchangable IMHO

13 minutes ago, cmichael1221 said:

Direct citation please?

Was told by multiple employees on my B2B on the Mardi Gras that just concluded on Feb 19.  This is also confirmed when you look at the schematic for the Celebration and the French Quarter area is as yet unnamed.