Regal Marina deck cabin and mark as "No Upgrade"

chubbypiggy

I just noticed my cabin on my upcoming TA cruise on the Regal has been upgraded from Deluxe Balcony (DB) to Mini-suite (MB).  The upgraded cabin is on the Marina deck underneath the Seawalk.  Those of you who stayed at those cabins before, did you notice much noise from the Lido deck pools and Seawalk?  The entire balcony can be seen by people walking on the Seawalk?  Besides the balcony, can people see inside the cabin?

This is the first time I have gotten an upgrade, so I have a few questions regarding upgrades.  Between now and embarkation day, can Princess downgrade us back to Deluxe Balcony or to a lower category of mini-suite (for example, to MC, ME, MF)?  Do I need to tell my outside travel agent to now mark my booking as "No Upgrade" if I don't want any more changes on my booking?

You could probably have your travel agent call princess and see if another mini suite is available to switch to that's in the same category.  I also got a free upgrade to a mini suite on my last cruise b2b a few weeks ago.  With passengers counts being way down they've been doing a lot of free upgrades.

48 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

You could probably have your travel agent call princess and see if another mini suite is available to switch to that's in the same category.  I also got a free upgrade to a mini suite on my last cruise b2b a few weeks ago.  With passengers counts being way down they've been doing a lot of free upgrades.

I checked the Princess site and the only remaining mini-suite cabins (catg MB or lower catg) are also only on the Marina deck, so not any better.  There are some good ones on the Riviera deck, but it is catg MA. My cruise is also a b2b, but I only got upgraded for the 14-night TA portion.  The following 14-night, I am still in the same Deluxe Balcony that I booked.

Did you get a free upgrade at the same time for both of your b2b cruises?  Or first got upgraded for the 1st cruise, then, later on got upgraded for the 2nd cruise?

Thank you. 

You won’t be downgraded back to Deluxe Balcony unless you ask to be.  People on Seawalk cannot see into your cabin. In my experience after the first day or two you likely won’t see many people on the Seawalk, the novelty seems to wear off pretty quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

You won’t be downgraded back to Deluxe Balcony unless you ask to be.  People on Seawalk cannot see into your cabin. In my experience after the first day or two you likely won’t see many people on the Seawalk, the novelty seems to wear off pretty quickly. 

If I don't ask my agent to mark it now as "No upgrade", can Princess upgrade my cabin again?  My next upgrade category will be the M6, premium mini-suite, which the cabins are all at the very front of the ship facing forward.  I don't like those cabins.

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

If I don't ask my agent to mark it now as "No upgrade", can Princess upgrade my cabin again?  My next upgrade category will be the M6, premium mini-suite, which the cabins are all at the very front of the ship facing forward.  I don't like those cabins.

Yes,  they can upgrade you again. If you don’t like the upgrade they give you, you can decline it. Or if you are happy with your cabin you can ask your TA to mark it “no upgrade”. 

The seawalk is hardly every used. Now and then a curious passenger will go on it and may glance at your cabin balcony.

At night if your lights are on and the curtain is open, someone on the seawalk might be able to see inside the cabin.

Photo is from the identitcal Royal Princess.

891230 117 12.30.14 View down from SeaWalk, deck 16 DSC04093.JPG

6 hours ago, caribill said:

The seawalk is hardly every used. Now and then a curious passenger will go on it and may glance at your cabin balcony.

At night if your lights are on and the curtain is open, someone on the seawalk might be able to see inside the cabin.

Thank you for your pictures!  Would you happen to have pictures of the bathroom of mini-suite with a bathtub?   Thank you. 

6 hours ago, caribill said:

My TA said, if I don't want my cabin that is underneath the Seawalk, the only cabin remaining for me to switch to, is M424, underneath Calypso Cabana; is this cabin better?

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you for your pictures!  Would you happen to have pictures of the bathroom of mini-suite with a bathtub?   Thank you. 

I found pictures of the mini suite cabin and bathroom.  Pictures from Enchanted Princess, which is the same as Regal. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=2857 

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Photo is from the identitcal Royal Princess.

891230 117 12.30.14 View down from SeaWalk, deck 16 DSC04093.JPG

During the time when the ship is leaving the port, there could be many people on the Seawalk watching the ship sailaway. If you’re on your balcony at this time, you’ll join the crowd. You won’t have the private time watching the sunset from the balcony. 

35 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

After I booked the second cruise to make it a b2b I called and had the cruises linked so if cabin is changed they had to change both cruises to the same cabin.

Linking the cruises does not mean they would have to change the cabins for both bookings. They could change just one.

• Like 1

My b2b cruises are linked.  Only the 1st cruise was upgraded.  There is still a month left before my 2nd cruise, hopefully, Princess will upgrade that cruise also.  If not, when I get on board, I will go to the Guest Service and ask if I can pay to upgrade to mini suite for my 2nd cruise.  I read on CC that quite a few people successfully did the upgrade by paying about $20-$30 per day.  

4 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

My TA said, if I don't want my cabin that is underneath the Seawalk, the only cabin remaining for me to switch to, is M424, underneath Calypso Cabana; is this cabin better?

You don’t mention what the current cabin number is but M424 has an extended balcony. It’s a cabin I would book. 

Edited by Shelly97060

2 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

You don’t mention what the current cabin number is but M424 has an extended balcony. It’s a cabin I would book. 

I asked my TA to change it to M424 from original M419.  On the deck plan, M424 is underneath Calypso Cabana, whatever that is.  I figure it probably is still better than M419 under the Seawalk. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Duluth-Cruz said:

We are currently in M420 on Sky. Huge balcony but covered. No sun. So think about that. Also too close to sea walk to actually see us. We can see your feet though!

The deck plan indicates M420 and M424 are underneath Calypso Cabana.  Can you tell me what is "Calypso Cabana"?  You experienced much noise at night?

15 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

The deck plan indicates M420 and M424 are underneath Calypso Cabana.  Can you tell me what is "Calypso Cabana"?  You experienced much noise at night?

This is what the Princess site says- “Calypso Cabana (food bar for picnic baskets, sandwiches, desserts, selling also champagne and wine packages)” It could be noisy during the day but probably not at night. 

3 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

I have an inside that I like, so if upgraded only want balcony.  I do not want to eb moved to another location or even outside.

Can a reservation be marked "upgrade only if balcony?"

Mark it as "Meta upgrade only".  With this option, you will only be upgraded to the next category type.  

18 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

This is what the Princess site says- “Calypso Cabana (food bar for picnic baskets, sandwiches, desserts, selling also champagne and wine packages)” It could be noisy during the day but probably not at night. 

Thank you for the explanation.  I have been on Regal twice (the last time was in April 2019),  and I never noticed that place.  I will check it out this time.

2 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Thank you, but that would be OUTSIDE  no balcony.

Prefer inside that I have

Only will switch to Balcony.

That depends on Princess.  Others on CC reported they were upgraded from inside to balcony cabin.  I am sorry I didn't make it clear; Meta upgrade means any category type that is higher than what you booked.