Retreat Pool - Enchanted Princess

Keata

After sailing on the Regal November 24-29, we boarded the Enchanted Princess November 30th-December 10th, 2021.The Retreat pool on both ships are adult only. We loved the pool on Regal as it was deeper. Enchanted pool was very shallow and did not have near the shaded areas as on the Regal. Didn’t ruin our cruise, just different. 

4 hours ago, eagletwo said:

After sailing on the Regal November 24-29, we boarded the Enchanted Princess November 30th-December 10th, 2021.The Retreat pool on both ships are adult only. We loved the pool on Regal as it was deeper. Enchanted pool was very shallow and did not have near the shaded areas as on the Regal. Didn’t ruin our cruise, just different. 

I would guess this is due to the cabins on either side of the Retreat Pool on Enchanted.I was on your 11/30 cruise and had one of those cabins and it was great! Will be on Regal in early March so will get a chance to see this design. 

12 hours ago, eagletwo said:

Enchanted pool was very shallow and did not have near the shaded areas as on the Regal.

It appears as though there is less seating on the Enchanted. The seating on the Regal is larger but mostly exposed to the sun with semi shade around the edges.

I often didn't even sit by the Regal's pool since it offered very little sun protection. 

We were unimpressed with the Retreat Pool on Enchanted. The additional cabins block out the sea view and create a wind tunnel on breezy days.  Since the main pool was so loud, it was the only option for us. The diminished space meant that only 32 chairs were available around the pool.  All chairs were taken by 8:00am on sea days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

We were unimpressed with the Retreat Pool on Enchanted. The additional cabins block out the sea view and create a wind tunnel on breezy days.  Since the main pool was so loud, it was the only option for us. The diminished space meant that only 32 chairs were available around the pool.  All chairs were taken by 8:00am on sea days.  

All Retreat pools seem have a wind problem and I expect that the Enchanted won't be any different.

I agree that the main pool is much to loud to enjoy, but isn't it like that on every ship with either the band or MUTS blasting for hours on end? Going to the Retreat pool without a view of the ocean is a small price for us to pay for the peace & quiet. 

I guess we'll have to get to plan on getting to the pool before 8 AM to reserve our chairs. 🙄

Does anyone know if the arbors I see in photos with 2 lounges on the sky deck on Enchanted are free or a cost?  It looks like there are 2 lounges under the arbor (so no shade), but nothing special on them, other than the arbor.  It looks as though there are a couple on port and starboard side.  I am sure these areas will be windy.  Thanks.

I thought there were plenty of loungers one deck up from the Retreat pool based on the deck plans.    
I think Princess tried to recreate the build style of the Grand class Spa pool - tucked into a surrounded area, very few loungers next to it but lots one deck up.  

• Like 1

The arbors are available for anyone to sit under.  Prior to the launching of the Enchanted, I thought they were intended to be outside cabanas that were booked through the Retreat.  We booked the outside Retreat Cabanas on the Regal or Royal and totally enjoyed them.  They were right next to the Retreat Pool.        

Imo, Princess ruined the Retreat pool area on the Enchanted.

The pool is now surrounded by glass, with very limited seating options for non-chair hogs. 

Behind the glass on each side, where there are ample seating areas on the Regal and Royal, are more cabins. 

The narrow pool area is wind-swept. Very poor design, again imo. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

I thought there were plenty of loungers one deck up from the Retreat pool based on the deck plans.    
I think Princess tried to recreate the build style of the Grand class Spa pool - tucked into a surrounded area, very few loungers next to it but lots one deck up.  

Yes there are a number of loungers up a deck along with a couple hot tubs. I never had a problem getting a chair in this area on a sea day, but we were sailing with 1800 or so passengers.  Double that and it will be a challenge for sure. We have one of those deck 17 cabins booked again for November.  

7 hours ago, Nashna said:

The arbors are available for anyone to sit under.  Prior to the launching of the Enchanted, I thought they were intended to be outside cabanas that were booked through the Retreat.  We booked the outside Retreat Cabanas on the Regal or Royal and totally enjoyed them.  They were right next to the Retreat Pool.        

Thanks!

On 2/26/2022 at 9:30 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

I would guess this is due to the cabins on either side of the Retreat Pool on Enchanted.I was on your 11/30 cruise and had one of those cabins and it was great! Will be on Regal in early March so will get a chance to see this design. 

I have cabin s214 by the retreat pool.  Looking forward to it.

9 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We were in S214!  Loved being near the pools, sun decks, and bar.  Enjoy!

Yay!!  I've read that people think it's too closed in and windy.  Was this your experience?  We received an upsell, but want to stay put.

2 hours ago, Lidolounger said:

Yay!!  I've read that people think it's too closed in and windy.  Was this your experience?  We received an upsell, but want to stay put.

The standard balcony is larger on that deck. It could get little windy at times and no you dont have the ocean view at that  pool. But it was pretty peaceful if you want a break from the people on Lido or the aft pool. We split our time around the Retreat pool, the sun deck above, and the sun deck around Lido, just steps away. It was perfect for us. 

• Thanks 3

On 2/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, loge23 said:

Imo, Princess ruined the Retreat pool area on the Enchanted.

The pool is now surrounded by glass, with very limited seating options for non-chair hogs. 

Behind the glass on each side, where there are ample seating areas on the Regal and Royal, are more cabins. 

The narrow pool area is wind-swept. Very poor design, again imo. 

I agree.  This was a terrible design downgrade from the setup on the Royal and Regal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I agree.  This was a terrible design downgrade from the setup on the Royal and Regal. 

I'm not sure how I'll like the change but the Retreat pool on the Regal & Royal was to deep with no place to stand.

At least that's an improvement for me.

You still had the main & terrace pool with a view.

I guess you can't please everyone.