Anyone ever had a female cruise director??

tmac

Female CD, Becky Thompson comes to mind but I think she was on RCI. Had another female CD, I think it was on Celebrity but she was rather non-descript and I don't recall her name.

Have have numerous female Asst Maitre'd's, most recently on the Constellation a few months ago.

Just wondering because I've never seen it and as a woman I think it would be nice to see....

Also, never seen a female assistant maitre'd either......

We had Janet on the Sun Princess and she was our favorite CD ever.

Tom

I have not had a Female CD on Celebrity. I do not believe Celebrity have any, at this time.

I have had a few Female Assistant Maitre'ds on Celebrity, and they have been outstanding.

Also, never seen a female assistant maitre'd either......

I have to mention Danuta, from Poland (who we most recently saw on Infinity, but that was over a year ago). She was an asst. maitre'd, and started her 'career' as one of the first female waiters in any Celebrity main dining room (on Century).

Two of the three female Cruise Directors I know of have already been mentioned Becky Thomas on the Voyager of the Seas and Susan Wood who used to be on the Galaxy as well as some lady on the Norwegian Dream (name escapes my mind and she was only okay). With regards to Susan and Becky they were both excellent in very different ways. I loved Susan Wood and wish she was still on Celebrity as she was my favorite cruise director ever. She was funny, had good energy, and a great personality. Becky Thomas was also a great cruise director who had tons of energy and got passengers involved on the Voyager at every turn. Unlike many cruise directors where I feel they are not highly visible these 2 ladies were always visible and just knew how to make everyone happy and relaxed so the cruise was more enjoyable.

This is a picture of a female AMD and one of the best and most popular. She is being handed a whoope cushion for her first experience. Her name is Danuta as mentioned by an earlier post.

If you see her ask about the crazy table she had to Alaska May 05.

1453763272_Herfirstwhoopecushin2.jpg.dcf5a38b9c8b110608ed6c6484c8aa77.jpg

Oh danute - she was just so wonderful and so attentive. We have sailed many times but never had such a good assistant md. My husband has a food allergy which we had advised X of as always. For the first time, we really beleived someone had taken time to brief the waiters AND check with us every night. Oh and she has such a lovely smile and laugh

Here's another Clodagh O'Connor fan. Sailed with her on Brillance several years ago and then specifically sailed Explorer to sail with her again (I'm not really a big ship fan) but Clo is the best CD (male or female) we've had.

Archived