Sanctuary Discovery Princess

Husky61

We will be leaving on a cruise March 13, 2022 on the Discovery Princess.  We have enjoyed the Sanctuary on other Princess ships, and this is the maiden voyage.

My question is , since the Discovery has the same configurations as the Enchanted  and Sky, .does anyone who has been on the Sky or Enchanted know which side of the Sanctuary is shaded? Port or Starboard? We plan to rent lounges in the Sanctuary and definitely want to be in the shade.

Anyone with experience I would appreciate any info. Thanks

40 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

My question is , since the Discovery has the same configurations as the Enchanted  and Sky, .does anyone who has been on the Sky or Enchanted know which side of the Sanctuary is shaded? Port or Starboard? We plan to rent lounges in the Sanctuary and definitely want to be in the shade.

From my admittedly limited experience...the shady side will change with the sun and direction of the ship. The only sure place to be in shade all the time is in the middle toward the back where the steward station & flavored water are located.

As JF said, it’s all based on where the sun is. It’s basically a symmetrical layout but where the sun is could be anyones guess and will change throughout the day.  You can usually move your chair around within reason but the only was to assure shade is to get a cabana. And even then I think there are times when the sun could beat down on you. The entire area has a canopy but it’s not fully covered. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Pretty sure Discovery won't sail with passengers until 3/27/22.  Perhaps you are on a different ship?

That’s correct…the early March cruises on Discovery were canceled & we’re on the 3/27 inaugural.

20 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Excellent.  See you onboard!

21 hours ago, Husky61 said:

My mistake, I entered the wrong date.  We sail om March 27. 

Can you all let us know how the boarding process goes at Berth 46?  Yours will be the first cruise from Berth 46 in quite some time.  Your input will be much appreciated by those of us who will be sailing after you.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Can you all let us know how the boarding process goes at Berth 46?  Yours will be the first cruise from Berth 46 in quite some time.  Your input will be much appreciated by those of us who will be sailing after you.  Thanks in advance.

I’ve talked, emailed & chatted requesting boarding info for B46 on 3/27 and only learned that those parking at B92/93 will be shuttled to B46 however no additional details. They’re sending emails to book spa, tours & other things to purchase but no boarding info including in the Travel Summary. At 29 days no Arrival Groups either despite saying they’ll be available 35-40 days in advance. Hopefully we’ll have some encouraging news to share 4 weeks from tomorrow. 🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve talked, emailed & chatted requesting boarding info for B46 on 3/27 and only learned that those parking at B92/93 will be shuttled to B46 however no additional details. They’re sending emails to book spa, tours & other things to purchase but no boarding info including in the Travel Summary. At 29 days no Arrival Groups either despite saying they’ll be available 35-40 days in advance. Hopefully we’ll have some encouraging news to share 4 weeks from tomorrow. 🤞

I was looking at my booking and I cannot even find where it tells where we will be boarding.  If it wasn’t for you telling us where to show up then I would have no clue (I’ve told you that before, lol).  Where do they even list B46 on our booking?  

51 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I was looking at my booking and I cannot even find where it tells where we will be boarding.  If it wasn’t for you telling us where to show up then I would have no clue (I’ve told you that before, lol).  Where do they even list B46 on our booking?  

Nowhere that I’ve found…I use the Port of LA cruise ship schedule.

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Nowhere that I’ve found…I use the Port of LA cruise ship schedule.

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

Thank you but what about the people that don’t know to check there?  I wouldn’t have known if you didn’t tell me.  Do they plan on giving us any information anytime soon?

Going South down the Baja peninsula, you get the morning sun on the port side of the ship and the afternoon sun on the starboard side. Obviously going North it is the reverse. Sailed recently on the Majestic.  The Sanctuary was rarely crowded.  Awesome picture of Sanctuary Michele M.

• Like 1

We were booked on the March 1st sailing. I must admit when I tore off the February page of my calendar and saw the black mark out over the vacation, it made me sad. We rebooked for November because of all the reshuffling of cruises this spring and unfortunately, I have a few more months before retirement. If someone can start a Live From Discovery thread, I’m sure we’ll be glued to it. Enjoy your cruise.