Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

I scheduled my COVID test for lunchtime on Wednesday at Walgreens. I can do Wednesday now since I had my booster in January. If I recall correctly in the past Walgreens was only taking appointments two days in advance. Now they're taking them seven days in advance.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I scheduled my COVID test for lunchtime on Wednesday at Walgreens. I can do Wednesday now since I had my booster in January. If I recall correctly in the past Walgreens was only taking appointments two days in advance. Now they're taking them seven days in advance.

Is there a window of time that after having a booster you can't get tested three days out?  I thought having the booster was enough to qualify for the three day test.  Please let me know because I will be scheduling tests for me and my mom in the next 2 weeks.  TIA!

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Our Walgreens (Florida) was taking reservations seven days in advance, then down to three for a while, now up to seven again.  My SO’s sister in New York had an appointment for March 1, but Walgreens canceled it on February 26 because they will no longer be doing the tests.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Is there a window of time that after having a booster you can't get tested three days out?  I thought having the booster was enough to qualify for the three day test.  Please let me know because I will be scheduling tests for me and my mom in the next 2 weeks.  TIA!

I would've guessed 14 days but it doesn't look like there is any requirement for the Wednesday test other than you have your third shot. They recommend you have it at least seven days before cruising.

Here is the information for anyone who wants to read it.

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Our Walgreens (Florida) was taking reservations seven days in advance, then down to three for a while, now up to seven again.  My SO’s sister in New York had an appointment for March 1, but Walgreens canceled it on February 26 because they will no longer be doing the tests.  

I have had good luck with Walgreens my for my past two cruises. CVS was a problem in August. 

• Like 3

I get Costa Maya and Belize. I like it. At first I read the pride itinerary and thought I was getting to dump Cozumel for mahogany bay which would’ve been even better. But I’m happy with this itinerary.

595EE635-34D7-4A97-B6D4-4A4BF811B784.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor

Jeepers man, get on the ship already 😉 All this ed-u-ma-ca-tion stuff is getting boring.  At least show us some more pub -N- grub stuff 🤣

29 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Jeepers man, get on the ship already 😉 All this ed-u-ma-ca-tion stuff is getting boring.  At least show us some more pub -N- grub stuff 🤣

Jeepers? What is this scooby-doo?

Check back Thursday evening for New Orleans. Saturday for Glory. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BasicSailor...if you don't like it just skip on by......negativity not allowed...TY!

Thank you, future moderator for your concern. most people can see the smiley reactions and notice it merely poking in fun  😄

Guest BasicSailor
19 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Jeepers? What is this scooby-doo?

Check back Thursday evening for New Orleans. Saturday for Glory. 

Yes, I know it's just that those damn oysters had me at the edge of my seat for more 😉

Edited by BasicSailor

47 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Yes, I know it's just that those damn oysters had me at the edge of my seat for more 😉

Yeah those are old pictures. Lots of that and more on the old review links I posted. The dragos ones are from my 2019 Glory. The Dons ones could be on my 2019 vista. I know my trip to Tabasco was covered in that one and that’s the same week I had those jacked up oysters.

Happy Mardi Gras!

Its also Election Day which means the commercials will stop soon!

This one was a debate between sheriffs. One was in favor of cruise ship buffets while the other was against them.

FBDDD683-C8BC-436E-9AD7-E34C9E567AC2.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

Guest BasicSailor
19 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Happy Mardi Gras!

Its also Election Day which means the commercials will stop soon!

This one was a debate between sheriffs. One was in favor of cruise ship buffets while the other was against them.

FBDDD683-C8BC-436E-9AD7-E34C9E567AC2.jpeg

I don't understand. Which one is for buffets, and which one is not? 🤓

Excursions aren't available for the new ports yet. I have seen a couple people post that you can use OBC before boarding now. I don't see that option myself. But I'm going to book this one for Cozumel.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/cozumel/best-of-cozumel-culture-sights--bites-304163

Probably this one or something similar in Belize.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/altun-ha-mayan-ruins-with-lunch-509048

Costa Maya is the real question. There seems to be several ruins sites you can see. I'm thinking the cruise line only offers two of them. Chacchoben seems to be four hours. Kohunlich seems to be about six hours. Then there's  Dzibanche which I'm thinking is only offered by an outside vendor (the native choice). They also offer a  Dzibanche and Kohunlich  package that's 7.5 hours. The two sites are very close.  Then the question is do I go with the native choice who everyone is recommending or Carnival? The OBC doesn't really matter at this point because I'm going over the 900 even without this excursion.

I think I definitely want one of the longer excursions. I'm coming back on the newer ships so I want to save the 4 hour one for a time when I have something better to come back to.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Excursions aren't available for the new ports yet. I have seen a couple people post that you can use OBC before boarding now. I don't see that option myself. But I'm going to book this one for Cozumel.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/cozumel/best-of-cozumel-culture-sights--bites-304163

Probably this one or something similar in Belize.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/altun-ha-mayan-ruins-with-lunch-509048

Costa Maya is the real question. There seems to be several ruins sites you can see. I'm thinking the cruise line only offers two of them. Chacchoben seems to be four hours. Kohunlich seems to be about six hours. Then there's  Dzibanche which I'm thinking is only offered by an outside vendor (the native choice). They also offer a  Dzibanche and Kohunlich  package that's 7.5 hours. The two sites are very close.  Then the question is do I go with the native choice who everyone is recommending or Carnival? The OBC doesn't really matter at this point because I'm going over the 900 even without this excursion.

I think I definitely want one of the longer excursions. I'm coming back on the newer ships so I want to save the 4 hour one for a time when I have something better to come back to.

It looks like we're going to be in Costa Maya with Mardi Gras. The Native Choice has the Dzibanche and Kohunlich package for Mardi Gras listed as sold out. It seems risky anyway. The individual tours look to be available. It is tempting to try to only make that two hour drive once though.