Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

This is something I always recognize immediately. This is the Mayan ball court. A better example than what they had in Xunantunich but nothing like the two courts I saw in Coba. I did a deep dive into the game for Coba Mayan Ruins if anyone is interested.

They do re-enactments of the game in Cozumel.That’ll be on the list for one of my future trips.

094D93AD-D278-49C2-9639-EEDA211AD092.jpeg

53430445-02AC-4EE4-ADC2-06F8C5040C4E.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

This is NOT meant to offend anyone, but I have always wondered why senior men wear their hair like that gentlemen in the cap.  Our current neighbor is in his 70s and his hair is a lot longer and I don't think they realize how it really looks!

I am not offended. I am an old woman and I love my husbands hair like that. I love to play with it...whenever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There is no restaurant stop. They have sack lunches for us probably to eat or be way back. Fine with me.

Our tour included a home cooked meal in one of the towns along the way (not a restaurant).  I don't remember if it was optional or not though.

1 minute ago, detroitavant said:

Our tour included a home cooked meal in one of the towns along the way (not a restaurant).  I don't remember if it was optional or not though.

And I wasn’t talking about any specific tour. Chicken, rice, beans was offered at both of my Belize Mayan ruins tours and my Dunn’s river falls tour in Jamaica. It’s what I expect for Altun Ha tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Sid nailed the walk time. I got off the ship at 8:25 and arrived at Native Choice at 8:50. I think I can shave a  minutes off of it next time now my way around the port. I found the two closed exits before I found the open one.

Native Choice can drop you off at the port. They just can't pick you up from there since they're not associated with the port. I couldn't comment earlier, but once you learn how to get out if the maze, it's easier next time. We've done a couple awesome tours with Native Choice.

• Like 1

We are coming up on the highest point. The building of the figure heads aka the Temple of masks. It’s interesting because Lamanai had a mask temple and a jaguar temple. There are masks in here. Jaguars in here Kinich Ahau the sun god who was on the front of El Castillo in Xuntunich is in here. It’s interesting to see the similarities between the cities.

The mask temple is the only place on this site where they found tombs

CA54894C-8651-4367-8151-DA127B31C9E1.jpeg

E447C078-A588-46A0-BC57-77D1A47D5F30.jpeg

50A442A5-8A5F-4585-8327-421A9995F34A.jpeg

• Like 4

You may wonder how the kid did. She was pretty good during the ride. Once we got to the plaza portion. She sat in the middle of the plaza and said she was done. It got better when we found the pottery and flint. The guide gave her a piece of flint. Walking back…. she didn’t want any part of the walk back. And along the way she lost that piece of flint and pitched a fit. Fortunately the guide found her a bigger, better one and it was all good again. Then of course the monkeys on the way out helped and lunch even more. Why wouldn’t she be excited about having Cheetos while I was stuck with Lays? After lunch I think she slept the rest of the way back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6