C&A Welcome letter

Tree_skier

18 hours ago, topnole said:

Well.  Royal makes it pretty easy don’t they.  I’m sure it is frustrating for some that take 8-10 years to make diamond meeting someone who is on their first day ever on a Royal ship and has already been given diamond status.  Personally, I think Royal is way too generous with their status matching for kids after adulthood, but I now have 3 kids who are diamond plus so I guess my family is benefiting from their generosity.  

I agree.   I can get a status match for my GF on some airlines, but only as long as I authorize that match.  And I can ONLY do one person at a time.

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

That is no longer correct.  They can enroll before the sail.  This was changed sometime between 2014 (when I first cruised) and 2017 (first time my GF cruised).

You may not get some benefits (like the double points last year) until after your first cruise.

Are you sure about this?   My youngest son will be on his first cruise with us soon.  So he will get D+ status the day he steps on a ship for the first time?   Quite frankly that is ridiculous if true.  Not that it matters for a little kids as the perks are minimal.  

Well, not my policy or company so I’ll roll with their system.  But it does seem ridiculous to give someone status before they have ever sailed.  In the case of an adult fiancé they are now potentially giving away a lot in $ that no one would necessarily expect.  A person who did one cruise and adopted D+ status from his folks after a 3 night cruise can now add his/her fiancé before they even sail.  So collectively a couple could have 3 nights under their belt and get 10 free drinks a day for their loyalty (plus the other adult perks).  Seems nearly financially irresponsible to do this when you are bleeding money and swimming in debt to survive.  Oh well, I don’t run the company and I’ll enjoy my drinks in the future (and so will my kids when they become adults).  

Nope, it doesn't make sense to us at all.

I can sort of see the children getting and maybe even keeping status.

But if I were in charge.  I would allow each D or higher to have ONE adult at a time matching status.  If you break up, you can move your designated status match to someone else, and the first person loses that status match.

And also, for ONE person, sharing a cabin with a D or higher to have that status for THAT CRUISE.

5 hours ago, SRF said:

Nope, it doesn't make sense to us at all.

I can sort of see the children getting and maybe even keeping status.

But if I were in charge.  I would allow each D or higher to have ONE adult at a time matching status.  If you break up, you can move your designated status match to someone else, and the first person loses that status match.

And also, for ONE person, sharing a cabin with a D or higher to have that status for THAT CRUISE.

If I was running the C&A program, only married couples would be linked. Shaking up doesn't count. If their C&A tier levels are different the one with the lesser tier level moves up, but not points. If divorced their C&A tier level would reflect their C&A points. Kid wouldn't ever get their parents tier level. Just points credited for the cruises they go on with their parents.

No hitch hiking even for one cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SRF said:

That is no longer correct.  They can enroll before the sail.  This was changed sometime between 2014 (when I first cruised) and 2017 (first time my GF cruised).

You may not get some benefits (like the double points last year) until after your first cruise.

If that is true, I like the requirement pre 2014 or whenever it supposedly changed. Website says differently. But...

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

If that is true, I like the requirement pre 2014 or whenever it supposedly changed. Website says differently. But...

Our first cruise was fall of 2014.  At that point, you were not enrolled until after your first cruise.

24 minutes ago, SRF said:

Our first cruise was fall of 2014.  At that point, you were not enrolled until after your first cruise.

8 hours ago, SRF said:

Your first cruise was 2014. Her first cruise was 2017. Website today say's after the first cruise. C&A agrees with the website. 

12 minutes ago, SRF said:

GF and I cruised in 2017.  Her first cruise.  I was able to enroll her in C&A before the cruise.

On 3/1/2022 at 6:45 AM, SRF said:

18 hours ago, SRF said: