C&A Welcome letter

Tree_skier

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I can't for the life of me, using the search function, find it.

Use key words, like "crown" and limit the search to the RCI section and titles - first result:

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

I have a question:  my adult sons were grandfathered in as Diamond when they were under 18.  The oldest is thinking of taking a cruise with his fiancee and me.  He's got Diamond status, but not the points.  So, I'm assuming he can get the welcome aboard beverage, but that's all.

I will share my choices with them, because as a solo I cannot possibly consume all the stuff I am "amenitized" with.

42 minutes ago, pcur said:

I have a question:  my adult sons were grandfathered in as Diamond when they were under 18.  The oldest is thinking of taking a cruise with his fiancee and me.  He's got Diamond status, but not the points.  So, I'm assuming he can get the welcome aboard beverage, but that's all.

I will share my choices with them, because as a solo I cannot possibly consume all the stuff I am "amenitized" with.

If his CAS status is Diamond now, he’ll get all Diamond benefits as an adult.  This includes 4 drink vouchers, DL access , etc, etc. 

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:47 PM, pcur said:

Diamond is Diamond.

And he can create an account for his fiancee and link her account to his.  She may not get Diamond for the first cruise, but should for a second one.

9 minutes ago, SRF said:

Diamond is Diamond.

And he can create an account for his fiancee and link her account to his.  She may not get Diamond for the first cruise, but should for a second one.

Thanks, glad to see this!  I think he should call C&A and enroll her before they go.  I know my younger son added his fiancé on a cruise with us, and she was instant Diamond.  However, that was a long time ago.  

12 minutes ago, pcur said:

Thanks, glad to see this!  I think he should call C&A and enroll her before they go.  I know my younger son added his fiancé on a cruise with us, and she was instant Diamond.  However, that was a long time ago.  

The only way she will be linked to your grandson is if they share the same address (household). Your grandson fiance will need to complete her first RC cruise in order to enroll in the C&A program. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The only way she will be linked to your grandson is if they share the same address (household). Your grandson fiance will need to complete her first RC cruise in order to enroll in the C&A program. 

(Giggle) It's my son and his fiancé.  My grandson is 4...................

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pcur said:

(Giggle) It's my son and his fiancé.  My grandson is 4...................

Thanks for the info.

World cruisers at 4 years old  😉  

But what Dave was saying is that your son and his finance need to be sharing the same address to have her qualify.  It that is the case...then yes, go to the LA on board for help.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pcur said:

The key is whether the fiancé has cruises before on Royal.  If she has, she will be diamond before the cruise once they link the account.  If she hasn’t, she won’t be diamond until after her first cruise (unless there is a glitch or a mistake - which happens).  Basically, no one has any C&A status until they have completed one cruise.  Plan on him being diamond and her having no C&A status on the first cruise.  

Just received 

Dear  C&A member

Today, we're happy to share that we are reinstating your access to the Suite and Concierge Lounges across our fleet effective on sailings beginning after March 15. We know how much you enjoy gathering with your friends in this private setting and appreciate your patience and understanding during our temporary suspension of this benefit. And to deliver a great experience for you, should the number of guests surpass the desired capacity of these lounges, we will continue to provide a temporary Pinnacle Club lounge just for Pinnacle members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, topnole said:

The key is whether the fiancé has cruises before on Royal.  If she has, she will be diamond before the cruise once they link the account.  If she hasn’t, she won’t be diamond until after her first cruise (unless there is a glitch or a mistake - which happens).  Basically, no one has any C&A status until they have completed one cruise.  Plan on him being diamond and her having no C&A status on the first cruise.  

She also won't be diamond even after her first cruise if they don't share the same address/household. No matter if she has cruised with RC or not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

She also won't be diamond even after her first cruise if they don't share the same address/household. No matter if she has cruised with RC or not. 

Yes.  That was already mentioned so my comments were in addition to that.  Of course Royal isn’t really going to know the reality of the situation if he tells them they live together.  They will simply accept that and add her using the same given address.  

16 minutes ago, topnole said:

Yes.  That was already mentioned so my comments were in addition to that.  Of course Royal isn’t really going to know the reality of the situation if he tells them they live together.  They will simply accept that and add her using the same given address.  

Just making it clear. Of course RC won't. Unfortunately there will always be some that will cheat the system. Best I'll just keep my thoughts/opinion on that to myself. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just making it clear. Of course RC won't. Unfortunately there will always be some that will cheat the system. Best I just keep my thoughts/opinion on that to myself. 

Well.  Royal makes it pretty easy don’t they.  I’m sure it is frustrating for some that take 8-10 years to make diamond meeting someone who is on their first day ever on a Royal ship and has already been given diamond status.  Personally, I think Royal is way too generous with their status matching for kids after adulthood, but I now have 3 kids who are diamond plus so I guess my family is benefiting from their generosity.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

Well.  Royal makes it pretty easy don’t they.  I’m sure it is frustrating for some that take 8-10 years to make diamond meeting someone who is on their first day ever on a Royal ship and has already been given diamond status.  Personally, I think Royal is way too generous with their status matching for kids after adulthood, but I now have 3 kids who are diamond plus so I guess my family is benefiting from their generosity.  

No comment. 

• Like 2

Just now, davekathy said:

No comment. 

Yeah.  Not my company or system.  I don’t worry much about others or how they choose to exploit whatever loopholes exist (or flat out cheat).  I can’t control how others behave so I mainly just try to enjoy whatever benefits they offer at the time.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, topnole said:

It's a loyalty program that seems to be working.

My "kids" missed the Diamond status match by a year.  They have zero loyalty to Royal.  They are young and early in their careers now with limited vacation funds.  They shop by price and Royal never wins on price.  If they got 4 daily drinks that would have tipped the playing field in Royal's favor and they would book Royal.  Instead they sail Carnival.   It's their money, I'm not going to tell them how to spend it.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

It's a loyalty program that seems to be working.

My "kids" missed the Diamond status match by a year.  They have zero loyalty to Royal.  They are young and early in their careers now with limited vacation funds.  They shop by price and Royal never wins on price.  If they got 4 daily drinks that would have tipped the playing field in Royal's favor and they would book Royal.  Instead they sail Carnival.   It's their money, I'm not going to tell them how to spend it.  

Well.  When I was young, four free drinks wouldn’t sway me because I’d probably want the drink package either way.  Regardless, I don’t think that is why they did the match originally.  The reality is people probably pick the ships and atmosphere they like the best.  Carnival is definitely more geared towards younger folks and there is much more late night stuff going on.  I know that from lots of experience. I doubt 4 drinks sways young adults to go on a more subdued ship.  

16 minutes ago, topnole said:

Well.  When I was young, four free drinks wouldn’t sway me because I’d probably want the drink package either way.  Regardless, I don’t think that is why they did the match originally.  The reality is people probably pick the ships and atmosphere they like the best.  Carnival is definitely more geared towards younger folks and there is much more late night stuff going on.  I know that from lots of experience. I doubt 4 drinks sways young adults to go on a more subdued ship.  

I had the conversation with my son.  He was tempted to make a sun at Diamond with double points dangled in front of him.  He's not a big drinker so yeah, 4 drinks matter.

Your children may be partiers.  Not all twenty something are.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

I had the conversation with my son.  He was tempted to make a sun at Diamond with double points dangled in front of him.  He's not a big drinker so yeah, 4 drinks matter.

Your children may be partiers.  Not all twenty something are.  

My kids still spill their milk.  😂😂

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, davekathy said:

That is no longer correct.  They can enroll before the sail.  This was changed sometime between 2014 (when I first cruised) and 2017 (first time my GF cruised).

You may not get some benefits (like the double points last year) until after your first cruise.