Changes to Baltic Cruise Itinerary

judithzuz

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

I got a list from my PCC and some UK Ta have them, the ice house is a good search.

This is what I have so far would like to see insides(agents are showing suites as well).

INCLUDING DRINKS, WIFI AND GRATUTIES AND A BALCONY CABIN:

04 May 2022- 11 Nights – Canary Islands - £1099 PP

15 May 2022- 5 Nights- Belgium, Channel Islands & Netherlands Sampler - £499 PP

20 May 2022- 14 Nights -Spain & France & Portugal - £1399 PP

03 June 2022- 14 Nights-  Mediterranean Adventurer  - £1399 PP

24 June 2022- 07 Nights- Scandinavia - £849 PP

01 July 2022-  14 Nights-  Mediterranean Adventurer- £1599 PP

22 July 2022- 14 Nights-Iceland & Norway £1399 PP                                     

05 August 2022- 7 Nights- Spain & France £899 PP

12 August 2022- 4 Nights- Channel Islands & Netherlands Sampler £499 PP

16 August 2022- 10 Nights- Canary Islands £1249 PP

26 August 2022- 7 Nights – Scandinavia £899 PP

ALL of these prices are FROM Prices remember

1 hour ago, yamanid said:

ALL of these prices are FROM Prices remember

Absolutely.  The balcony cabin prices will increase by at least 30% if you want one in a semi-decent location.

I think I might wait for a few weeks and see if the prices come down. Trying to fill a ship at short notice is not going to be easy.  

On 3/17/2022 at 9:36 AM, Joywrk said:

I am furious that they would cancel our cruise and not offer an alternative. We have to cancel flights and hotel in Copenhagen and because we booked London post cruise have lots to,reorganize. They have just lost a long time customer!

You know that they changed it for safety and security right?  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 3:17 PM, eclue said:

You are entitled to your opinion......regardless there will be no cruise ships in the Baltic.

yes there will. I will be on Norwegian Dawn on Aug. 16 sailing the Baltic from Stockholm to Amsterdam. NNCL pulled only one of two ships doing Baltic cruises this summer.

2 hours ago, Billish said:

Absolutely.  The balcony cabin prices will increase by at least 30% if you want one in a semi-decent location.

I think I might wait for a few weeks and see if the prices come down. Trying to fill a ship at short notice is not going to be easy.  

Even if these are obstructed view balcony they are very competitive, as they include P+ £30pppd.

The cheap round Britain 12n were around £1k inside with P+

Be interesting what they look like when they go live 23rd(We'd).

The May dates will be tough to fill as a lot of people will have locked in 4 ships from the UK is a lot of cabins to fill.

Might see some Solo promos.

I just spent most of the day on the phone with Princess. 4 calls with 5 different agents. 2 put me on hold except they killed the call. Wait times were 10-30 minutes per call with the usual irritating music and frequent reminders that they will be right with me.

The 3rd agent canceled my former Baltic cruise after I requested a future cruise credit, except she didn't do that. I got an email shortly afterward showing a penalty of HALF the cruise fare for canceling. So 2 more calls got me to customer service where someone competent named Angela changed my refund to 100%. If you want to skip the clown squad,  x13120 will supposedly get you directly to customer service.

With my cancelation went my excellent return flight, and now there aren't any good ones through the Princess air program. I'm still doing the 14 day TA and hoping they don't redirect that to Southampton, which is one of my least favorite ports in the world. Not a great experience with Princess.

Yes, I do understand why Russia and even Finland and Estonia were removed from the itinerary, and I was fine with the alternate itinerary but they trashed it all and offered something I would never have booked. Skagen is fine once, but twice in 3 days? No. Some of the ports were interesting, so I asked if I could get off in Zeebruge. No, we won't allow that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

to quote princess themselves that is not the reason they cancelled. they cancelled because there was more commercial interest elsewhere. the almighty dollar more important than their customers who i hope will never spend a dollar with them again. they're doing bad business and they should be called out for it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

Of course. I am not concerned that they cancelled but that they didn’t offer us an alternative  and we are having mega trouble reorganizing at greater expense.

• Like 1

They could have continued to use Copenhagen as the base and set up safe alternative itinerary from there which would have allowed existing logistics for pax to stay in place.

I suspect they realised that(or were already getting) cancellations would be high and the alternative itinerary would not be that popular to get alternative bookings as just about EVERYONE would have to fly in

The move to Southampton gives access to one of the biggest cruising populations in Europe that do not need to fly also has much better air connections for international travellers.

They have the infrastructure in place for pax and provisioning with 2 ships sailing regularly this year. Southampton gives better access to alternative itinerary that are not Norway or Baltic.  

Also prices for UK bookings have been very good on the current ships so attractive.

eg. for one we are looking at later this year(before agent discounting) P+ same locations £$==1.3

Inside  UK ~£1k   US ~£1,500

Balcony UK  £1500 US £2300

On 3/20/2022 at 3:26 AM, Wendylala said:

is this a travel agency? i can't really find anything on it. a link would be really appreciated. thank you in advance!

We can't give you a link. Think Eskimo house knick off two 'o's and add a u

Agree not best reputation but fab cruise search engine. 😎 

5 hours ago, insidecabin said:

prices live now

For the 22 July  14n  balcony range was £1399->£1699(Nice premium aft)

Yes saw these itineraries earlier  -  we are already doing Iceland on SKY PRINCESS June/July and Iceland is part of the 28 nt Cruise.    Good deals on Enchanted though, thanks

19 hours ago, yamanid said:

Yes saw these itineraries earlier  -  we are already doing Iceland on SKY PRINCESS June/July and Iceland is part of the 28 nt Cruise.    Good deals on Enchanted though, thanks

We have another trip booked, still outside the 30day(book with confidence) switch window can't decide to add a trip or move that one to Enchanted.

I don't want too many $ committed to Princess in case they struggle with the increased capacities.

NCL have adjusted some of their pricing down so getting added to watch a bit closer.

What ever we do I think I need to decide before the book with confidence deadline next Thur(31 March) so we can push them out if needed.

Trial run on Sky next week so have a few days to see if we are  happy and if any on board deals available.

Maybe they are going for the $ with only offering the balcony and up,  if they open up insides we may be motivated if the prices are even better.

Yet to decide if this is the year when the prices will be at their best  so pack a few extra trips in and back off next year.