Changes to Baltic Cruise Itinerary

judithzuz

We are on board the Enchanted at the moment, and although we don't know very much about our replacement itinerary for the Baltic, we know more than most of the crew.

Yesterday we asked both guest services and shore excursion staff about our pre paid excursions, and were given two totally different answers on how reimbursement would be handled.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

We are on board the Enchanted at the moment, and although we don't know very much about our replacement itinerary for the Baltic, we know more than most of the crew.

Yesterday we asked both guest services and shore excursion staff about our pre paid excursions, and were given two totally different answers on how reimbursement would be handled.

New Enchanted programme now available

FB_IMG_1647515467360.jpg

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

I got my excursion refund a couple of days ago.

I also noticed if you go for a future cruise credit you have to book before December 31st and sail before end November 2023 and you can pay for anyone on the same booking with it.

2 hours ago, Billish said:

FB_IMG_1647515467360.jpg

Thank you greatly! It is amazing to me that we have to learn about redeployments/ new itineraries from Cruise Critic Board.  Again, as a passenger on the cancelled 26 day Baltic from CPH I am

disappointed that Princess would not simply offer the 22 day cruise from Southhampton as an alternative. If they would have done so and maybe thrown in some OBC I would have been an understanding, maybe even happy,  customer. Because this retirement cruise was important to us, and the cancellation pretty much left us high and dry we will likely try to book the Aug 26 cruise.

The process and the way Princess manages things is beyond my simple-minded view as a long term cruiser.

Anyway this is helpful info and I am always appreciative of how many CC posters will take the time to assist others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Billish said:

FB_IMG_1647515467360.jpg

Is there a specific site we can go on and look at this list of itineraries?  Do you get details on each if you click on them?  Thanks

7 minutes ago, Billish said:

Thanks, but I'm trying to find the new itinerary on the April 23 Copenhagen to Southampton, which I'm on.  Actually, I'm on the full 25-day April 9 transatlantic, but as I understand it, the 14-day crossing to Copenhagen isn't changing, just the part from Copenhagen to Southampton.

I am furious that they would cancel our cruise and not offer an alternative. We have to cancel flights and hotel in Copenhagen and because we booked London post cruise have lots to,reorganize. They have just lost a long time customer!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Greater Fool said:

9-Apr-22 ends in Copenhagen on 23-Apr-22.  Thus the 23-Apr-22 11 day (correctly above) starts in Copenhagen and ends in Southampton, where the rest of summer is based.

Right - I was just hoping to be able to find a site that I could click on the itinerary and more details of ports would come up.  We still don't know where we're going, lol.

We were booked on the 11 night Baltics departing on 8/22 as well as the Transatlantic departing on 9/2/22.  They cancelled the 11 night Baltics cruise.  I had already figured out that the new cruise in place of the 11 night Baltics cruise is the 7 day Scandinavian Cruise round trip from Copenhagen.  The 11 night Baltics cruise has disappeared online, but the App shows me port guides for the current itinerary.  🤪  So this is the itinerary I see now.... 

8/26 Southampton

8/28 Oslo

8/29 Copenhagen

8/30 Gothenburg Sweden

8/31 Kristiansand

9/2   Southampton

For those of you trying to figure out what your ports are going to be now,  Go to JourneyView and at the bottom of the page it says View Port Guides.... This is how I found the new ports for my canceled cruise.  It is giving us a little bit of a heads up prior to their release on 3/23 to see if we want to try to add the 7 night cruise to our redeployed Trans Atlantic

7 day round trip from Southampton, Copenhagen in your text.  I am going to book the 7 day prior, don't want to fly overseas for 15 days.  I did it in 2019 for the 12-day Northern Lights, I don't like shorter cruises.  Basically don't want to go unless it's at least 3 weeks.

We have been scrambling to recover from cancelation of 26 day 8/22 cruise. I think we will book

9/2 return on Enchanted from Southampton and add 8/12 Emerald cruise around British Isles with trip to London in between. Here I am patronizing Princess after they messed up our cruise. I was hoping the cruise prior to our 9/2 Enchanted was of interest but apparently it is  a 7 day to Oslo Copenhagen which wasn't our cup of tea. Normally we would have just rescheduled next year but we had been anticipating this trip for a long time.   Maybe I will swipe some towels to get even although I feel pretty certain I will be charged.

Kudos to CC posters who seem to have ports and itineraries figured out before Princess commits.

This is what just posted for the 25 day April 9, 2022

Enchanted

Sat, 04/09/22
+View Details

Sat, 04/09/22Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
View general port information
Check In Begins At 12:30 – 4:00pm

Sun, 04/10/22At Sea

Mon, 04/11/22At Sea

Tue, 04/12/22At Sea

Wed, 04/13/22At Sea

Thu, 04/14/22At Sea

Fri, 04/15/22At Sea

Sat, 04/16/22Azores Islands (ponta Delgada), Portugal
8:00am – 5:00pm

Sun, 04/17/22At Sea

Mon, 04/18/22At Sea

Tue, 04/19/22Brest, France
9:00am – 6:00pm

Wed, 04/20/22Cherbourg, France
7:00am – 6:00pm

Thu, 04/21/22At Sea

Fri, 04/22/22Skagen, Denmark

Sat, 04/23/22Copenhagen, Denmark
Check-In 1pm - 5pm.6:00am – 6:00pm

Sun, 04/24/22Skagen, Denmark
8:00am – 6:00pm

Mon, 04/25/22Oslo, Norway
8:00am – 10:00pm

Tue, 04/26/22Kristiansand, Norway

Wed, 04/27/22At Sea

Thu, 04/28/22Hamburg, Germany (for Berlin)
7:00am – 10:00pm

Fri, 04/29/22At Sea

Sat, 04/30/22Brussels/Bruges (zeebrugge), Belgium
7:00am – 5:00pm

Sun, 05/01/22At Sea

Mon, 05/02/22At Sea

Tue, 05/03/22Portland, England
7:00am – 7:00pm

Wed, 05/04/22Southampton (london), England
View genera

1 hour ago, yamanid said:

Princess are still taking ships to Baltic in June/July

Out of curiosity, which ships?  Not the Enchanted according to the schedule posted above.  Is Princess offering the opportunity to change to a ship with a similar (but no St. Petersburg) itinerary?

3 hours ago, merryjewelhound said:

This is what just posted for the 25 day April 9, 2022

Enchanted

Sat, 04/09/22
+View Details

Sat, 04/09/22Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
View general port information
Check In Begins At 12:30 – 4:00pm

Sun, 04/10/22At Sea

Mon, 04/11/22At Sea

Tue, 04/12/22At Sea

Wed, 04/13/22At Sea

Thu, 04/14/22At Sea

Fri, 04/15/22At Sea

Sat, 04/16/22Azores Islands (ponta Delgada), Portugal
8:00am – 5:00pm

Sun, 04/17/22At Sea

Mon, 04/18/22At Sea

Tue, 04/19/22Brest, France

Wed, 04/20/22Cherbourg, France
7:00am – 6:00pm

Thu, 04/21/22At Sea

Fri, 04/22/22Skagen, Denmark

Sat, 04/23/22Copenhagen, Denmark
Check-In 1pm - 5pm.6:00am – 6:00pm

Sun, 04/24/22Skagen, Denmark
8:00am – 6:00pm

Mon, 04/25/22Oslo, Norway
8:00am – 10:00pm

Tue, 04/26/22Kristiansand, Norway

Wed, 04/27/22At Sea

Thu, 04/28/22Hamburg, Germany (for Berlin)
7:00am – 10:00pm

Fri, 04/29/22At Sea

Sat, 04/30/22Brussels/Bruges (zeebrugge), Belgium
7:00am – 5:00pm

Sun, 05/01/22At Sea

Mon, 05/02/22At Sea

Tue, 05/03/22Portland, England
7:00am – 7:00pm

Wed, 05/04/22Southampton (london), England
View genera

So based on that itinerary, we have lost Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Russia ports of call.   Essentially they have gutted the Baltic portion of the cruise.  This now ends up with 2 stops in Skagen, 1 new stop in Brussels,   2 stops in England and a revised stop in Germany.  Will seriously consider cancelling once I have received a new travel summary confirmation with revised flight bookings. This cruise no longer bears any resemblance to what we were looking forward to.  Our decision will depend on what concessions are offered for FCC or alternative cruises by Princess.

8 hours ago, capriccio said:

Out of curiosity, which ships?  Not the Enchanted according to the schedule posted above.  Is Princess offering the opportunity to change to a ship with a similar (but no St. Petersburg) itinerary?

Sky Princess from Southampton is going to Baltic ex SPB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, capriccio said:

We are on sky Princess  25th June - 23 July.  Fjords  Baltic  and Iceland.  They have changed the  Itinerary to give an overnight in Copenhagen and Stockholm instead of St Petersburg.  We have been to all of these places a few times before  - Princess are trying their best to sort it all out under the current circumstances,

This of course could all change

• Thanks 1

A home know if they are adding an extra Norway and Iceland on the Enchanted. I think it’s horrible that we just get our deposit back or 1:1 FCC. To retain loyalty they should give 150% FCC. Removing SPB not a problem for obvious reasons. They originally added Gdańsk and then cancelled the whole thing. This is an operational decision not a security one as they are still going to baltics. They could of just changed the ports and see who wanted to keep and who wanted to change I had a great cabin and a really good rate and now it will cost me thousands more to replace.. 

• Like 2

Review pricing on one UK TA website is looking pretty good for these replacement trips out of Southampton on Enchanted

Might be teaser rates to get people registering.

I did notice that UK pricing was better than US for Emerald and Sky trips I looked at.

19 hours ago, wblotner66 said:

A home know if they are adding an extra Norway and Iceland on the Enchanted. I think it’s horrible that we just get our deposit back or 1:1 FCC. To retain loyalty they should give 150% FCC. Removing SPB not a problem for obvious reasons. They originally added Gdańsk and then cancelled the whole thing. This is an operational decision not a security one as they are still going to baltics. They could of just changed the ports and see who wanted to keep and who wanted to change I had a great cabin and a really good rate and now it will cost me thousands more to replace.. 

Fully agree with your sentiments- some FCC 'bonus' is more than reasonable especially considering the reasons for deployment change. I really feel for those that are close to their cruise date and get the rug pulled out so to speak. 

We scrambled and at this late date there were not many options considering cost and availability on other lines as a replacement. While Princess could have 'helped' with FCC bonus or giving us first dibs to retain a cabin on the 9/2 return to US (part of the original 8/22 26 day cruise we  booked and had cancelled), we wound up booking an aft balcony on this cruise and will cut our overall cruise expense significantly while maintaining some 'vacation' element. Staying in London for a week is OK for us to extend the trip.  We were going to add the 12 day Emerald British Isles to the itinerary but after contemplating this the logistics were terrible for us and we really did not want to put more money in the CCL coffers.

Yes, I hate supporting Princess  after they 'abandoned' us. I am hoping that the cruise on a 'new' ship will be special and overcome our frustration. It will take a lot of positive reinforcement for us to even consider Princess in the future.  I will offer my final deadly criticism..... to us Princess is the Comcast

of public relations in the Cruise Industry.  Thanks for letting vent a bit more and I sincerely hope all of the disrupted cruises can sort things out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Review pricing on one UK TA website is looking pretty good for these replacement trips out of Southampton on Enchanted

Might be teaser rates to get people registering.

I did notice that UK pricing was better than US for Emerald and Sky trips I looked at.

How are you seeing pricing. We can see nothing for enchanted for July