Changes to Baltic Cruise Itinerary

judithzuz

48 minutes ago, Longimanus said:

Just noticed that every baltic cruise on Enchanted after the April 23rd one has been removed from the Princess website. Eagerly awaiting what will come in their place, but not counting on an interesting route seeing it will probably visit Cadiz etc.

Actually EVERY Enchanted cruise after mine that ends May 4, 2022, has been pulled from the website.  Where will it be this summer?!

47 minutes ago, flahagan said:

Actually EVERY Enchanted cruise after mine that ends May 4, 2022, has been pulled from the website.  Where will it be this summer?!

And apparently on May 4th the enchanted is scheduled to be in Southampton! I'm on the April 9th TA with the Baltic. Flights are booked to come home out of Copenhagen on the 4th. Not sure what is going on.

• Like 2

Here is the latest redeployment email:

"VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - APRIL 9, 2022 - ENCHANTED PRINCESS

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your 25-day Scandinavia & Baltic Grand Adventure voyage on Enchanted Princess departing Saturday, April 9, 2022 will now be a 25-day Scandinavia & Western Europe Passage and will end in Southampton (London), UK rather than Copenhagen on Wednesday, May 4.

You will receive full details on your updated booking confirmation by March 23, 2022. Your Princess EZair disembarkation flights will be rebooked to depart from London if necessary. Princess post-cruise hotels and transfers will be automatically transferred to London at no additional cost."

26 minutes ago, JacobZ06 said:

Here is the latest redeployment email:

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your 25-day Scandinavia & Baltic Grand Adventure voyage on Enchanted Princess departing Saturday, April 9, 2022 will now be a 25-day Scandinavia & Western Europe Passage and will end in Southampton (London), UK rather than Copenhagen on Wednesday, May 4.

You will receive full details on your updated booking confirmation by March 23, 2022. Your Princess EZair disembarkation flights will be rebooked to depart from London if necessary. Princess post-cruise hotels and transfers will be automatically transferred to London at no additional cost."

I'm on hold with a Princess agent right now- she's trying to find out how the change of flights booked through EZAir is going to work and is I'll be responsible for the significantly increased cost.  She knew nothing about the change - I had to read her the email notification.  She's been so nice, is trying to find someone who will give us answers as to how this works, but she's in the dark too.

19 hours ago, judithzuz said:

And apparently on May 4th the enchanted is scheduled to be in Southampton! I'm on the April 9th TA with the Baltic. Flights are booked to come home out of Copenhagen on the 4th. Not sure what is going on.

I booked the 25 day TA just so I could spend  time in Copenhagen. I may have to cancel the last 11 days because Southampton and London don’t interest me.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, nini said:

With Cruise with Confidence you can get a full refund- it is cancel for any reason. It is your cancellation fees which are FCC, not that there would be any because. 

Not quite right, there will be cancellation penalties according to how far you are from sail date. These penalty fees are returned as FCC. In our case, we had paid for subsequent cruise because we were within 90 days. Then when FCC was generated from first cancellation, they were applied to second cruise and $ refunded to credit card.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flahagan said:

I'm on hold with a Princess agent right now- she's trying to find out how the change of flights booked through EZAir is going to work and is I'll be responsible for the significantly increased cost.  She knew nothing about the change - I had to read her the email notification.  She's been so nice, is trying to find someone who will give us answers as to how this works, but she's in the dark too.

What a way to run a business when the customers have to tell the customer phone representatives what changes have been made!

• Like 2

our may 15th baltic cruise is cancelled. this is insane. we already have our flights and hotels booked. when NCL canceled on us, they at least gave us 10% discounts on future cruises and $250 credit. and because of that, we booked two more NCL cruises. again, we will NEVER sail with princess again.  

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - ENCHANTED PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to commercial considerations related to this ship's full season of Baltic cruises coupled with stronger demand for
cruising from the UK, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming voyage on Enchanted Princess.
You have the options of receiving a Future Cruise Credit of 100% of the amount paid to Princess or requesting a full refund of all monies paid.
To advise us of your choice and see full details, please visit https://www.princess.com/pcl/ by April 15, 2022, after which any undecided
bookings will receive the 100% Future Cruise Credit option. For more details, and more information regarding your options, please visit https://
*****/3CJelcb.
We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and look forward to welcoming you on board a future Princess cruise.
Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Edited by Wendylala

21 hours ago, JacobZ06 said:

i can't believe they're changing this trip so drastically without giving you the option to cancel. 

4 hours ago, Wendylala said:

our may 15th baltic cruise is cancelled. this is insane. we already have our flights and hotels booked. when NCL canceled on us, they at least gave us 10% discounts on future cruises and $250 credit. and because of that, we booked two more NCL cruises. again, we will NEVER sail with princess again.  

Please be advised that due to commercial considerations related to this ship's full season of Baltic cruises coupled with stronger demand for
cruising from the UK, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming voyage on Enchanted Princess.
You have the options of receiving a Future Cruise Credit of 100% of the amount paid to Princess or requesting a full refund of all monies paid.
To advise us of your choice and see full details, please visit https://www.princess.com/pcl/ by April 15, 2022, after which any undecided
bookings will receive the 100% Future Cruise Credit option. For more details, and more information regarding your options, please visit https://
*****/3CJelcb.
We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and look forward to welcoming you on board a future Princess cruise.

We are in a similar situation with our cancelled 8/22 cruise. Amazing to me that Princess could make this decision 'last minute' and not offer some alternative option(s) on Enchanted Princess out of Southhampton.  The 'generous' offer of a 100% cruise credit is also insulting. We had planned this cruise as a 'retirement' celebration and thought we would give Princess another chance after a poor Panama Canal Cruise. Their customer concern appears non existent. Good luck to all cancelled cruisers in cleaning up the 'mess' we were left with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

We are in a similar situation with our cancelled 8/22 cruise. Amazing to me that Princess could make this decision 'last minute' and not offer some alternative option(s) on Enchanted Princess out of Southhampton.  The 'generous' offer of a 100% cruise credit is also insulting. We had planned this cruise as a 'retirement' celebration and thought we would give Princess another chance after a poor Panama Canal Cruise. Their customer concern appears non existent. Good luck to all cancelled cruisers in cleaning up the 'mess' we were left with.

I say give Princess Cruises a break. Just when it looks like things are picking up after the pandemic they now have to deal with how a mega terrorist attack is going to affect cruising. If they go out of business there won't be many alternative options to offer.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, billco said:

I say give Princess Cruises a break. Just when it looks like things are picking up after the pandemic they now have to deal with how a mega terrorist attack is going to affect cruising. If they go out of business there won't be many alternative options to offer.

I agree - the war in Ukraine is possible to escalate and Princess is being cautious. One of my relatives lives in Sweden and relates that Russian jets have been flying overhead. These are very difficult times..not the best time to be anywhere in the Baltic. Kudos to Princess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eclue said:

I agree - the war in Ukraine is possible to escalate and Princess is being cautious. One of my relatives lives in Sweden and relates that Russian jets have been flying overhead. These are very difficult times..not the best time to be anywhere in the Baltic. Kudos to Princess.

Sorry, no break and no kudos. Without getting political it is like  blaming inflation on Putin- convenient. We would have been open to ANY change under the guise of safety/ prudence. The Princess blurb talks about commercial concerns. They could have cruised from Southampton to Med or wherever and given passengers an opportunity to keep their booking- OR Princess could have offered some token cruise credit bonus -OR Princess could have allowed cancelled cruisers first crack at the 'new' mystery cruise schedule. This might  have eased some pain.  Why was Southampton widely publicized as new home port for Enchanted  well before booked passengers were informed?  While I remain upset I really feel for the passengers who were expecting to leave in the next few months on their cruises (many planned for years) and had the rug pulled out without recourse.  We have all dealt with cruise cancellations because of valid concerns but the measure of the company is how they try and ease the impact to their 'valued' customers. JMHO

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wendylala said:

*****/3CJelcb.

I would rather sail with Princess no matter what than NCL! My opinion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chisoxfan said:

Sorry, no break and no kudos. Without getting political it is like  blaming inflation on Putin- convenient. We would have been open to ANY change under the guise of safety/ prudence. The Princess blurb talks about commercial concerns. They could have cruised from Southampton to Med or wherever and given passengers an opportunity to keep their booking- OR Princess could have offered some token cruise credit bonus -OR Princess could have allowed cancelled cruisers first crack at the 'new' mystery cruise schedule. This might  have eased some pain.  Why was Southampton widely publicized as new home port for Enchanted  well before booked passengers were informed?  While I remain upset I really feel for the passengers who were expecting to leave in the next few months on their cruises (many planned for years) and had the rug pulled out without recourse.  We have all dealt with cruise cancellations because of valid concerns but the measure of the company is how they try and ease the impact to their 'valued' customers. JMHO

You are entitled to your opinion......regardless there will be no cruise ships in the Baltic.

10 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

We have all dealt with cruise cancellations because of valid concerns but the measure of the company is how they try and ease the impact to their 'valued' customers. JMHO

agree. most companies are doing some sort of cancellation and princess has treated its customers the worst. NCL is giving 10% off for future cruises as a token acknowledgement of how hard this is on those who already booked flights and hotels. it's just by comparison, i wouldn't sail with princess again. and my TA agrees. 

12 hours ago, eclue said:

You are entitled to your opinion......regardless there will be no cruise ships in the Baltic.

Actually there will be plenty of cruise ships in the Baltic this summer,  but SPB will not be on the itinerary. 

• Like 1