Silversea Whisper

maximus217

We will be in Silversea Whisper in June, and we are wondering if someone who has recently sailed in this ship can provide an honest opinion.  I have not been impressed with some of the things I read, but we figured someone in this group can give a better insight on the condition of the ship and room (Veranda Deluxe).

Also, can someone tell us what is the Grande Hotel in London and Edinburgh that Silversea uses?  If you have pre-hotel stay, what time is the hotel pickup in London to board the ship?  Does anyone recommends doing the Greenwich Tour before boarding?

Thank you.

Good morning, I sailed her for 15 nights in December. My cabin was just fine. I had a Classic Veranda.

I do prefer the larger ships but as for the cabin, it was just fine for me🙂

Can't help you with the Hotel question.........my sailing was to the Caribbean.

• Like 2

I suspect I am on the cruise after you; the one that starts in Edinburgh. I don't know the hotel yet. I was on Whisper JUST before the pandemic. I thought she was lovely. The suite ( I had a standard veranda on deck5) was very spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was huge.

Fewer places to eat than the Spirit or Moon, but the menu in the main restaurant was so varied that there was plenty of choice, and La Terraza was lovely. I thought the Whisper iteration of La Dame was better too.

We were on board with Lois in December.  We're back on board in April, and we're looking forward to it.

She's an older ship and somewhat dated, but she's in good shape and comfortable.  To be frank, we were a little disappointed that the decor had not been updated or refreshed from what we saw on the Shadow, Wind, and pre-refit Cloud over the last 10 years, but we also did not feel that was anything at all worth dwelling on.  She's still a very nice ship.  We also had a veranda and were happy with it.  Some friends we met on board invited us to their Silver Suite one evening, and it was quite lovely!

Dining venues are limited, but dining overall was quite good (even though I had a notable exception one night in La Terraza--isolated, though).  As mentioned, the food and menu in the MDR were so good that I never really cared much about the low number of alternative venues.  La Terraza was excellent, but I would have been happy dining in the MDR every night.  We never made it to La Dame.

Service on board was anywhere from very good to excellent.  There were a few on board that had to be relatively new, as they appeared to be finding their feet with regard to Silversea, but nearly everyone was polished.  I expect that anyone who was new in December has settled in well by now.