Cafe promenades being converted to Starbucks

1 hour ago, MLP12 said:

I love sitting at Cafe Promenade in the morning.  Hopefully, this is at the least not the whole picture.   Maybe they will just be serving Starbucks brand instead of the Promenade Specialty Coffees?  

I agree - like to drop into Cafe Promenade for coffee and a snack or lunch

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announced on the Coffee talk that all the Cafe Promenades will be converted to Starbucks.  No mention on how this will impact those with drink packages

Noooooo.  I hate Starbucks coffee  - it tastes burnt to me.  I like to just run down to Cafe Promenade for coffee or tea, or a small snack.  And then I can hit the shops - they're right there😁.  And we often go there for lunch on embarkation day.  We wait until the evening for the really heavy eating to begin.

Pat

3 hours ago, ChanaC said:

I just hope they keep the food. I remember Cafe Promenade having some tasty sandwiches and other light meals and snacks. Starbucks food has never been anything great.

And what about the ships that dont have a stand alone Sorrento's Pizza?  Where will people get their Pizza fix?

5 hours ago, loman said:

Guess i will be drinking less coffee . 

Cant handle that  strong, sour,  burnt tasting starbuck swill .

Going to bring my folders to go packages.  I don't want to hunt for free coffee.  Starbucks is over roasted and bitter and expensive

On 3/3/2022 at 4:16 AM, whitshel said:

And what about the ships that dont have a stand alone Sorrento's Pizza?  Where will people get their Pizza fix?

On Grandeur, the Garden Cafe in the Solarium did pizza in the evenings when WJ was closed.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:49 PM, MLP12 said:

I love sitting at Cafe Promenade in the morning.  Hopefully, this is at the least not the whole picture.   Maybe they will just be serving Starbucks brand instead of the Promenade Specialty Coffees?  

im the same I love taking my book to cafe promenade in morning or during day when I want to get out of the sun. I like a cuppa tea then .... but dont drink coffee

On 3/2/2022 at 5:25 PM, NameThatFunnel said:

I was able to watch that webinar as well, while it might not have too clear in the way it was described, I believe the VP of Food & Beverage was not stating that the actual venues of Cafe Promenade are going to be converted to Starbucks outlets, but that any venue that sells coffee onboard, will now only be selling Starbucks branded coffee.

This is actually what is happening. The will use Starbucks brand coffee. Just like the cheapy cafe in our office building that “proudly serves Starbucks” brand. Royal is not replacing Cafe Promenade with Starbucks stores as incorrectly implied by OP. 

This is the Cafe Promenade menu (see the “proudly serves” logo) which is different than the Starbucks kiosk. 
ADA1B079-394A-4602-A17D-F8B967DCB11E.thumb.jpeg.4ab1340252f75c59c4e6d055875f63b8.jpeg33515DD8-2D89-44F1-8A8E-A26B46F9612D.thumb.jpeg.9af6685397da0a63598c21a6cdd496c7.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels