How long can you purchase Drink Package Once onboard

15 hours ago, link99 said:

Is there a limit on how long you have to purchase the drink Package. Use to be 3 days before cruise ended. Has that Changed?

That probably varies by ship and itinerary - cut off of when it could be purchased is likely before then, but in the COVID era anything is possible.

16 hours ago, link99 said:

Is there a limit on how long you have to purchase the drink Package. Use to be 3 days before cruise ended. Has that Changed?

Are you D+ or above?   If not, the onboard price is so much higher it is probably just best to buy it for the week beforehand.  I think D+ is 30% off onboard price which usually equals the normal pre cruise “sale” price.  

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The issue is not cost, but rather the timing of the purchase.

Yeah.  Rough numbers here.   But 4 days times 90= 360.   7 days times 60 = 420.  In that scenario 3 days of the drink package only cost an extra 60.  Kind of a no brainer.   If D+ it would certainly be different.  If not, how much benefit is there in waiting unless they are trying to wait until the last 2-3 days which most likely won’t be allowed on a 7 day cruise.  

The op may not realize the ridiculous price once onboard.  Just trying to help.  

Diamond Plus here and have let’s say 500 OBC which is close to what we have. Just a toss up with this. If we can get buy with 5 each and then pay we would be fine. Wife likes  to shop onboard. So their is that. We are on 6 day odyssey so was thinking just go with pay as you go and using 5 Vouchers. We have all inclusive for Costa Maya. And bar Hop in Cozumel. Was thinking of  buying drink Package for Cozumel Day ( waste except evening)  then sea day and Coco Cay which would be 3 days left and apply30%. I think we will be fine but we also get the bottled water, fresh OJ and Coffee on Package but would not without package. So confusing.  I guess that what the bean counters count on.

P.S My Plan would be Blue Moon or Other Beer durning Day and  5 Martini Vouchers at Night. HELP! Lol

Edited by link99

1 hour ago, link99 said:

Diamond Plus here and have let’s say 500 OBC which is close to what we have. Just a toss up with this. If we can get buy with 5 each and then pay we would be fine. Wife likes  to shop onboard. So their is that. We are on 6 day odyssey so was thinking just go with pay as you go and using 5 Vouchers. We have all inclusive for Costa Maya. And bar Hop in Cozumel. Was thinking of  buying drink Package for Cozumel Day ( waste except evening)  then sea day and Coco Cay which would be 3 days left and apply30%. I think we will be fine but we also get the bottled water, fresh OJ and Coffee on Package but would not without package. So confusing.  I guess that what the bean counters count on.

P.S My Plan would be Blue Moon or Other Beer durning Day and  5 Martini Vouchers at Night. HELP! Lol

If you are D+ it might be worth it to buy mid cruise if that is your preference.   But hard to say when they cut that option off.  

• Like 1

If I'm recalling the last time I did the math - unless it never goes below $70 pre-cruise there is no scenario where you save money. Or if there is you only save by consuming no alcohol until you purchase the package. 

If you have the discount on board it does change the numbers. 

9 hours ago, smplybcause said:

If I'm recalling the last time I did the math - unless it never goes below $70 pre-cruise there is no scenario where you save money. Or if there is you only save by consuming no alcohol until you purchase the package. 

If you have the discount on board it does change the numbers. 

It has been between $69 20% off and $65 25% off and $61 a couple times 30% off which we can get on the ship. I think we will just do the Vouchers and OBC, see where we end up. I will look and see how long the package is available and buy with the 3 days left. 

On 3/4/2022 at 8:36 PM, link99 said:

Same situation here D+   We purchased package in Oct, then got upgraded, had access to suite lounge etc, so ended up being a bit of a waste and it was too late to cancel package. Have opted to just pay the extra for our Upcoming cruise and skip the package.  We also get 4 bottles of wine and plan to bring 2 more upscale ones.  Think we will be fine. 

Good luck…

Edited by SConnolly
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

So just off Odyssey  6 Day, and found out the answer to my question. Day one I asked and was give two different answers. One was day one and two only. The second was 4 Days left on Cruise. Did 5 vouchers first night.

Second day we bought package.Saved $120  because we did not buy Day 1.Day 2 we bought package. On Day 3 went to bar and ask for Drink Package and it was not available to purchase. So that was situation on Odyssey. May be different on other ships.

• Thanks 1