Fall colors

2 minutes ago, sealover61 said:

We would like to know when would be the best time to see the fall colors in the upper north east

Look for a weather site with that kind of info, the average date provided there might be more accurate than individual responses here.

We head to Maine almost yearly in the fall.  IN GENERAL, we have found the middle 2 weeks in October give us the best shot at seeing peak color.  As pointed out, there are lots of variables and sometimes we’re too early, sometimes too late.  But if you must book in advance, I’d try for those weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealover61 said:

We would like to know when would be the best time to see the fall colors in the upper north east

If only there was an easy way to search for answers to questions like this.  I mean, think about, it's a billion dollar idea.  Maybe I'll look into that in my spare time.

Being from Maine I know!!  Its pot luck, cold, warm, rainy summer. drought, so many factors.

Southern Maine is a couple weeks behind northern Maine.  Give me some details of when and where  you plan on visiting and I can give you my thoughts.  Been here my whole life and have friends all the way up to fork Kent that can chime in.  Dan