Bar service restrictions while still docked in Galveston

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hopefully I can get my response in before the thread gets locked or deleted. 😇😉

I was sitting in the English Pub at closing time the first night when they started pulling to Shiner bottles off the shelf & putting in storage.  I asked why & they said saving it for the next departure.  and that there were not "allowed to sell it after the first night".

I tried to Google the answer & all I found is that Shiner is sold in every state except Hawaii. My guess it has something to do with distribution rights and maybe Shiner only can be sold domestically?

They aren't allowed to sell it because Royal tells them not to. Not because Texas tells them not. They are required to see on board while Texas waters only liquor/beer that they have paid a tax on. So Royal saves it for roughly about 6-7 hours every Sunday. (from 11am-6pm or so or when they hit International waters 12 miles out) They do this because these 'stamped' liquors/beer cost them more money and therefore they choose to buy less of it or as little as possible. 

BTW, to my knowledge you can still order Titos throughout the cruise and if you demanded it by throwing a hissy fit, I guess they'd sell you Shiner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Howdy all y'all! emo22.gif

For more information on the situation, please see the oldie but goodie thread Booze and Texas. Please note post #8 from @chengkp75 regarding our state tax on liquor & how the cruise lines "deal with it". emo12.gif

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I like Shiner but can just as easily get it at the beverage center 5 minutes from my house so I don't see myself demanding it but throwing a hissy fit. 😅

I think you should, just to see if it works.  🙂

• Haha 1