Vegetarian option at steakhouse

Mykewow

32 minutes ago, Mykewow said:

Lol that’s what I said… I was joking saying they will have to have 2 French onion soups lol

My guess is the onion soup made with beef broth. That being said, if your friend loves going to the steakhouse as a vegetarian she must have some experience about what to order? I have heard if you ask ahead of time they will be able to make something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

My guess is the onion soup made with beef broth. That being said, if your friend loves going to the steakhouse as a vegetarian she must have some experience about what to order? I have heard if you ask ahead of time they will be able to make something 

I didn’t think about the beef broth and this is their first cruise and wanted to treat them to nice dinner one night

I am a  vegetarian and went to the steakhouse with my husband pre-covid and will be at the steakhouse on the Radiance on Friday!  We let them know ahead of time and I was given a wonderful dinner.  It was some sort of pasta, as I recall.  I would just make sure they know your friend is coming ahead of time. 

As JerseyGirl states, you'd need to make advance arrangements as there ain't nothin' on that menu for you.

Of course it's really questionable whether the vegetarian wants to pay a $40 upcharge for . . . a steakhouse. Without steak.

In this case I'd do the steakhouse selections in the MDR for cheaper and not ask the friend to make that purchase.

My daughter is a vegetarian and they had no problem adjusting to her.  There wasn't a ton of options but totally adequate.  She ended up ordering a mushroom rissoto which was delightful.  They also brought her some roasted veggies on the side.

3 hours ago, njoyndride said:

My daughter is a vegetarian and they had no problem adjusting to her.  There wasn't a ton of options but totally adequate.  She ended up ordering a mushroom rissoto which was delightful.  They also brought her some roasted veggies on the side.

Yeah, they can make something.  The question is is it worth the upcharge for pasta, rice, and/or roasted veggies.

We were just on the Conquest. We used to love the Steakhouse when DH and I were omnivores, but now that we are both vegetarian, we weren't sure if it would be worth it. DH inquired the first night if there were many options for vegetarian and they said if we came back the last night (of a 3 day cruise), the chef *might* be able to come up with something for us.  We decided it probably wasn't worth shelling out $35 each for that kind of response, so we decided not to bother.  I'm not complaining- it's a steakhouse after all- but it would be nice to have more fine dining options for vegetarians....we're willing to pay for a nice experience and good food.

Just off the Radiance this morning and have to say that the steakhouse was one of the best meals I had on the ship.  I ordered the stuffed mushrooms, which were to die for.  I also received a delicious vegetable pasta.  I had the onion rings as a side because who doesn't like onion rings, lol?  A pic of the mushrooms is added, but it looks like my pasta pic didn't save on my phone.  (Boo!)  We also had dinner at the Italian restaurant, which was great.  Was not at all impressed with the main dining room.

PXL_20220312_022151422.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

Just off the Radiance this morning and have to say that the steakhouse was one of the best meals I had on the ship.  I ordered the stuffed mushrooms, which were to die for.  I also received a delicious vegetable pasta.  I had the onion rings as a side because who doesn't like onion rings, lol?  A pic of the mushrooms is added, but it looks like my pasta pic didn't save on my phone.  (Boo!)  We also had dinner at the Italian restaurant, which was great.  Was not at all impressed with the main dining room.

PXL_20220312_022151422.jpg

Those do look yummy!  So, excuse my ignorance but what is that in the bowel to the side? TIA

1 minute ago, famof4togo said:

Those do look yummy!  So, excuse my ignorance but what is that in the bowel to the side? TIA

It was a mushroom-type broth (though why it was clear I don't know) with some cheese in the center.  I didn't really eat that part, but OH MY THE MUSHROOMS!  They were the best thing I had on the ship.  

• Like 1

I haven't visited an Outback in a long time. However, if I had to go, I believe I would get the potato and eat only the interior. On top of the potato, sprinkle the steaming vegetables. I'd have the garden salad as well, but I'd carry my own dressing in my purse. Actually, it does seem like a tasty lunch! If only it didn't come from a steakhouse!