Bubbles.

I wouldn't do something like myself.  Some bubbles can fly out of your balcony, crossing other people's balcony or hit onto other people (clothes, faces), or leave residues in their balconies.

If nothing blows out of your balcony, the residues will be on your own balcony ceiling, walls, deck furniture, and floor.  Can make your floor slippery.   Extra cleaning will be required.

You can do that in your own backyard no problem.  On a ship, seriously?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Middleager said:

I wouldn't do something like myself.  Some bubbles can fly out of your balcony, crossing other people's balcony or hit onto other people (clothes, faces), or leave residues in their balconies.

If nothing blows out of your balcony, the residues will be on your own balcony ceiling, walls, deck furniture, and floor.  Can make your floor slippery.   Extra cleaning will be required.

You can do that in your own backyard no problem.  On a ship, seriously?

C'mon man.  These are just kid's bubbles!  They don't leave anything other than a miniscule amount of that awful thing called soap.  I say, da**ed the fun police, bubbles ahead!!!  I would really enjoy it if I went out on my balcony and had a few bubbles drifting by from a fun loving fellow cruiser.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

C'mon man.  These are just kid's bubbles!  They don't leave anything other than a miniscule amount of that awful thing called soap.  I say, da**ed the fun police, bubbles ahead!!!  I would really enjoy it if I went out on my balcony and had a few bubbles drifting by from a fun loving fellow cruiser.

You can enjoy it.  I wouldn't, and wonder why someone would be so inconsiderate and insensitive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Wow... if a few rouge children's bubbles get peoples panties in such a twist I hate to see what they would say about their neighbors actually being outside on their balcony talking and making noise. Or being near some of us after a few too many Mr. Worldwide's. 

Guess they make for great chair hog police. I'll have to bring an honorary sash to throw around them if our paths every cross on an upcoming cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

We all want to enjoy cruises.  I have a rule myself that whatever I want to enjoy I wouldn't want to infringe or bother others.

This thread is showing some people have the attitude they can to do whatever they like and if it bothers other people it's other people's fault.  At least I don't teach my children that way.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Middleager said:

We all want to enjoy cruises.  I have a rule myself that whatever I want to enjoy I wouldn't want to infringe or bother others.

This thread is showing some people have the attitude they can to do whatever they like and if it bothers other people it's other people's fault.  At least I don't teach my children that way.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I guess it depends on how many bubbles they send out. The bubbles definitely could make the floor slippery, and it is not the best thing to do on a ship. It has nothing to do with being the "fun police". Mostly it is an extra thing that the staff has to clean up after.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Well, I'm really torn in two directions on this one.  On the one hand, I hate to be "that guy" who infringes on someone else's personal space.  On the other hand, we're talking about soap bubbles, so REALLY???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Or being near some of us after a few too many Mr. Worldwide's. 

Hey, you made me learn something new today!

Must-Try Cocktails On Your Norwegian Escape Cruise | NCL Travel Blog

At least it's knowledge that I can use, unlike that "crap I learned in high school." (credit: Paul Simon)

(What if some of the champagne bubbles annoy somebody on the next balcony?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kids have an attention span of about five minutes with those little jars of bubbles.  What next?  People getting upset because a bubble might go in to a dolphins eye and blind it?  🙂

Plenty of real things to worry about, folks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Oh brother.....  I think we've reached a new level of sensitivity.  Some people really should just stay home or buy a private yacht.  

@ChiefMateJRK THANK YOU.

I did not expect to have my parenting and consideration for others (or lack thereof) called in to question with a question about freakin' bubbles.  It would not bother me in the least.  I've been in the park, at parades, all sorts of places and see families blowing bubbles and have a few float my way.  Never did any of that enter my mind.  Sheesh.  

This is one of those reasons I hesitate asking a question here - you'll have the people that give you a link like you're an idiot and didn't look there first (though I understand perhaps they were just trying to be helpful), and then the others that pounce.  Wowzers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mearsfansinboise said:

@ChiefMateJRK THANK YOU.

I did not expect to have my parenting and consideration for others (or lack thereof) called in to question with a question about freakin' bubbles.  It would not bother me in the least.  I've been in the park, at parades, all sorts of places and see families blowing bubbles and have a few float my way.  Never did any of that enter my mind.  Sheesh.  

This is one of those reasons I hesitate asking a question here - you'll have the people that give you a link like you're an idiot and didn't look there first (though I understand perhaps they were just trying to be helpful), and then the others that pounce.  Wowzers.

You forgot about the rest of us who sit back, roll our eyes, then laugh right along with you that such a simple question has gathered such passionate responses. 

Enjoy your bubbles and post some pics here when you get back 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Is that some sort of no-no because it's a distraction to the captain or neighbors or anything like that?

I'm surprised no one has weighed in on the whole 'would it be a distraction to the captain' question. LOLOL As if 🙂

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1