Have you purchased air thru Oceania?

luvtravel

We have an upcoming cruise in May and purchased OLife without the air.  But in case of an unforeseen cancellation, we're thinking that we'd get a refund if we book the air thru Oceania and they cancel.    I'm wondering if we have no choice of flights thru them or we can choose and they'll book them.  I booked thru a TA who is off work a few days and Oceania tells me to go thru her.  So - wondered if anyone has actual experience booking O's air.....thanks everyone for any help!!

Several times in the past we have done an air deviation thru Oceania. You pay as fee and any extra for your choice of flights. This will give you some control of your flights. I am sorry but I do not know the current fees.

Check what they will charge you to book air  now  before you commit

The deviation I believe is still $175 PP  but be sure to book the air for both ways at the same time

The deviation fee  is non refundable one you & O agree on flights

2 hours ago, luvtravel said:

We have an upcoming cruise in May and purchased OLife without the air.  But in case of an unforeseen cancellation, we're thinking that we'd get a refund if we book the air thru Oceania and they cancel.    I'm wondering if we have no choice of flights thru them or we can choose and they'll book them.  I booked thru a TA who is off work a few days and Oceania tells me to go thru her.  So - wondered if anyone has actual experience booking O's air.....thanks everyone for any help!!

Refund of air? Please realize that O is only acting as a TA when it comes to air. They book  tix and handle changes et al. But any refund would be based on (and come from) the airline’s policies  (which may mean issue an FFC or ETC but not necessarily $$$).

As for what O provides: They’ll offer you a routing with a contracted carrier based on arrival on embarkation day and departure on disembarkation day. Any deviation (schedule, carriers, etc) incurs a fee which has been $175 (unless you are a Hugh enough O Club level to get free deviation). To that, add the cost of any price difference on your preferred schedule, carrier, routing (some of which may not be with their contracted carrier).

Want Bizclass? Even O’s air dept. will tell you to DIY bizclass since you have to pay the “with air” cruise fare but not get credit for those tix when you accept the bizclass quote. 

• Like 1

O Air now includes free transfers to the port and airport on return.  Three weeks ago we were at the baggage claim area and saw someone holding an Oceania sign.  We didn't even think they were looking for us!

Carol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruze4Ever said:

O Air now includes free transfers to the port and airport on return.  Three weeks ago we were at the baggage claim area and saw someone holding an Oceania sign.  We didn't even think they were looking for us!

Carol

Were they??

On 3/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Refund of air? Please realize that O is only acting as a TA when it comes to air. They book  tix and handle changes et al. But any refund would be based on (and come from) the airline’s policies  (which may mean issue an FFC or ETC but not necessarily $$$).

As for what O provides: They’ll offer you a routing with a contracted carrier based on arrival on embarkation day and departure on disembarkation day. Any deviation (schedule, carriers, etc) incurs a fee which has been $175 (unless you are a Hugh enough O Club level to get free deviation). To that, add the cost of any price difference on your preferred schedule, carrier, routing (some of which may not be with their contracted carrier).

Want Bizclass? Even O’s air dept. will tell you to DIY bizclass since you have to pay the “with air” cruise fare but not get credit for those tix when you accept the bizclass quote. 

Its an Alaska cruise - starting out in Vancouver, Canada and ending in Seattle.   We'd be going Alaska air but they have discontinued their policy of cancelling/changing flights without large fees - because of covid situation.   

We almost always make our own air plans but have had several occasions that we purchased the air as part of a package....and the air was cancelled and refunded along with the cruise (a river cruise) when it was cancelled by us prior to final payment.   That kind of arrangement is good in an 'iffy' situation like we have today - not knowing what circumstances may be like.   

Thanks for your input - appreciate it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luvtravel said:

Its an Alaska cruise - starting out in Vancouver, Canada and ending in Seattle.   We'd be going Alaska air but they have discontinued their policy of cancelling/changing flights without large fees - because of covid situation.   

Not correct, unless you are talking about Saver fares, which most airlines will not allow changes.

From the AS website:

-=-=-=-=-=

If you need to change or cancel your travel plans, here are a few things you'll need to know.

• No change fees will apply, but a difference in fare may be charged for your new flights.
  • Per our no-show policy, you must change or cancel your reservation before your flight departs in order to receive future travel credit.
  • Same-day confirmed changes can be made during the check-in window. A $25-50 fee will apply, but no difference in fare is charged.
  • Saver fares cannot be changed.
  • Saver fares purchased on or after May 1, 2021, may only be canceled under our 24-hour cancellation policy.
  • Saver fares purchased through April 30, 2021 may be canceled under our peace of mind waiver for future travel credit.

-=-=-=-=-=

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/policies/how-to-manage-my-reservation

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 12:44 PM, luvtravel said:

Our cruise is also in May. 12 day aristocrats Rome to Barcelona. This is our first time on Oceania and the first time since the pandemic. Our last one through Oceania which would have been our first with them was cancelled. We booked everything through Oceania. I know we could have gotten it on our own for less which is what we have always done in the past with other cruise lines but we did not want to have to worry about multiple changes with flights and transfers. I'll just be thankful if we get to go.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Not correct, unless you are talking about Saver fares, which most airlines will not allow changes.

From the AS website:

-=-=-=-=-=

If you need to change or cancel your travel plans, here are a few things you'll need to know.

• No change fees will apply, but a difference in fare may be charged for your new flights.
  • Per our no-show policy, you must change or cancel your reservation before your flight departs in order to receive future travel credit.
  • Same-day confirmed changes can be made during the check-in window. A $25-50 fee will apply, but no difference in fare is charged.
  • Saver fares purchased on or after May 1, 2021, may only be canceled under our 24-hour cancellation policy.
  • Saver fares purchased through April 30, 2021 may be canceled under our peace of mind waiver for future travel credit.

-=-=-=-=-=

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/policies/how-to-manage-my-reservation

From the AS website:

-=-=-=-=-=

-=-=-=-=-=

From the AS website:

-=-=-=-=-=

-=-=-=-=-=

Thank you for this!  I did not see this at all when looking at flights.  I recall when covid first started this....makes a big difference!!