When you tier up during a Carnival cruise...

... do you get the benefits of the higher tier during that same cruise?

I read this on a third party site:

Guests who change to the next VIFP tier, even if it is the last sailing day, will be entitled to the perks associated with the new tier for the duration of the voyage. That means that if you were to go from Gold to Platinum during your voyage, your card would be Platinum for the entire voyage.

I could not find that info on Carnival's site and thought I'd ask here. And, if once true, I'm wondering if that policy may have changed during COVID-times?

• Like 2

I reached platinum  on my cruise last week.   Before my cruise, Carnival sent me an email about the Gold benefits.  I never got an email stating the platinum benefits.  However, the word platinum was on my boarding pass and my luggage tags.   I received a platinum sign & sail card.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, txcruiser1234 said:

Great news - thanks for that info firefly333 and TNcruising02. I'll check for the notation on the boarding pass. We can pack a little lighter if we know the wash & fold perk will be available!

Thanks again!

Another way you can confirm that you are receiving your Platinum reward is via online check-in date.  Even without an email or other notification, you will have priority check- in.  I will be passing the mark on our upcoming cruise while other rooms in my party will not.  My check-in is 16 days out and their check in is 14 days.

I know the two above responses answered your question.  I also wanted to offer a physical confirmation since Carnival does not seem to send one ahead of time.

• Like 1

I’m just excited about making Gold! I did notice boarding docs now show gold, will be cool to finally have the gold card! We’re on the Spirit next weekend, have been out of Canaveral last two times on Magic after the restart. Looking forward to being on the Spirit and seeing what that ship is like, and being on her second trip after coming back to the states. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If you tier up on debarkation day, you do not get the benefits until your next cruise

So looks like I’m good and will be gold when we get aboard 🤞🏼

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). Please note that ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, therefore, points are not earned for that day. 

25 minutes ago, RBank said:

So looks like I’m good and will be gold when we get aboard 🤞🏼

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). Please note that ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, therefore, points are not earned for that day. 

Free big bottle of water, ship pin, free drink last seaday after 5:00...

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

good luck getting that free drink. i read some posts where some people had issues with getting it

Got mine 12/30 with no problem. Must of been a lucky one, proceeded to win at slots and ended up plus $800 for the 5 days on Sunshine.

13 hours ago, txcruiser1234 said:

Great news - thanks for that info firefly333 and TNcruising02. I'll check for the notation on the boarding pass. We can pack a little lighter if we know the wash & fold perk will be available!

Thanks again!

When I took my luggage to my cabin, I let the steward know that I will be sending out several bags of the free platinum laundry during our cruise.  Although I am sure it was not necessary at all, I did give him a cash tip when I told him.  He told me that he would make sure I had plenty of laundry bags in my cabin, which he did.  We sent out three bags during our cruise.  We cruise with carry on bags only, so it was great to pack light and get our clothes washed for free.  We only sent out casual clothes.

11 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If you tier up on debarkation day, you do not get the benefits until your next cruise

Yeah, points are relative to number of nights, not days. For example, disembarkation day is day 8 of a 7 day cruise.

I'll be coming off the ship next week with 74 points. So close!

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

When I took my luggage to my cabin, I let the steward know that I will be sending out several bags of the free platinum laundry during our cruise.  Although I am sure it was not necessary at all, I did give him a cash tip when I told him.  He told me that he would make sure I had plenty of laundry bags in my cabin, which he did.  We sent out three bags during our cruise.  We cruise with carry on bags only, so it was great to pack light and get our clothes washed for free.  We only sent out casual clothes.

The cabin stewards "tip out" the laundry crew so it sweets the pot.  

• Like 1

Yeah, it's funny how they change your status based on your booked days. I had a four day cruise that would of put me at two days short of Gold, all my documentation reflected I was Red in VIFP. Well, it was cancelled and I rebooked a SEVEN day cruise and all my paperwork then reflected that I was Gold. Well........ THAT got cancelled, and my rebooked cruise is NOW a five day cruise. Documentation once again reflects my status as Red......... 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Irdygirdy said:

First time cruiser…what are these cards, and statuses?? Is it something you sign up for? Thanks in advance!

Its the Carnival VIFP loyalty program...you can sign up anytime.

A link to Carnival's overview of the program:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/overview.aspx?icid=ccl_vifp_footer_0414

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:34 AM, shof515 said:

good luck getting that free drink. i read some posts where some people had issues with getting it

As of our last cruise, early February on the Legend, we still got the last day free drink without any problem.