Info on Summit concierge cabin 8098; is it obstructed?

juksing

Hi

I was Moved-up to Concierge cabin 8098 for our upcoming cruise and have seen some postings saying this is an obstructed view.  However these postings are quite old and in the most recent source I could find (2017) seems to say it is not obstructed. I can’t seem to find any deck plans more recent than 2017 that list any obstructed cabins.  A long shot but  does anyone have any recent experience if this cabin has any obstructions that may be of concern. Thanks!

https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2017/08/Summit-Deck-plans.pdf

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Does not appear to be any obstruction in that section of the ship. You are too high for lifeboats and you are a few cabins down from the Celebrity Suite bump-outs.

I think in earlier postings the obstruction was that the washing apparatus and ladders are parked at that location.

Not unless you consider the Celebrity Suite hump two staterooms behind you to be an obstruction as it will interfere with your direct aft view somewhat and give you a partial view of 8104's balcony.  I also think that the washing apparatus would be two staterooms aft if there at all - but I don't know that with certainty.

Search the following Celebrity board link for possible detailed information on your stateroom:

7 hours ago, juksing said:

I think in earlier postings the obstruction was that the washing apparatus and ladders are parked at that location.

I looked at Cruisedeckplan and they have a warning that the window washing machine is parked at 8094 - (2 cabins forward)       I also looked at the M-Class Sticky and the review says very quiet, near elevator and made no note of any obstructions.

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I looked at Cruisedeckplan and they have a warning that the window washing machine is parked at 8094 - (2 cabins forward)       I also looked at the M-Class Sticky and the review says very quiet, near elevator and made no note of any obstructions.

Thanks Jim,  here is a question.  I haven’t used this forum very much so how were you able to search through the M class sticky and find this room info?  I tried various advance searches and my results are always all over the place. I remember years ago when the interface was different (less modern) but my searches always gave great results, now the search algorithm seems horrible and the results are all over the place.

1 hour ago, juksing said:

Thanks Jim,  here is a question.  I haven’t used this forum very much so how were you able to search through the M class sticky and find this room info?  I tried various advance searches and my results are always all over the place. I remember years ago when the interface was different (less modern) but my searches always gave great results, now the search algorithm seems horrible and the results are all over the place.

I'll be honest my attempts also failed on their filter.   

I click the Top right corner button Left of A and above 1.     This highlights all cells -   I then right click COPY and paste into excel and then do my own filter.   

I found another work around that works  -- 

Click New Temporary Filter View - The funnel to the left of the Green View Only

Click Column F (Cabin) filter Icon

Press word CLEAR

Now use the elevator bar and scroll down until you get to the cabin and Click

Enter OK and it will show that cabin only -  may show more than one ship.

2 hours ago, juksing said:

Go to the very first post of the M-class sticky and click on the hotlink to the spreadsheet.  Then hover your mouse over the top of the Cabin column and a down arrow will show.  Click "Sort A to Z" and you can scroll for cabins numerically, or click a different column for posting date, or whatever.  Works for all the columns of the M, S, and E class stickies.  It's just for your viewing convenience; originals don't change.

Thanks folks for the spreadsheet help; Part of my problem is I was accessing the site through my tablet; things are much easier with a mouse and keyboard and a monitor I can actually see.