Bev Package Cost trends?

21 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We did a little "back of the napkin" figuring along those lines for our recent Liberty cruise.  Getting at least the Refreshment package was a hands-down no-brainer, vouchers or otherwise.  It took no time at all to add up water, espresso and other coffee, fresh OJ, etc., and even the occasional mocktail.  Just the water cost nearly got us to the price of the package.

On a related note, whenever I figure out the value of the Deluxe package, the first thing I do is back out the price of the Refreshment package, and then I only look at the cost of booze for figuring out the rest.  

That is a good idea, and makes it easier to see the real value.

• Like 1

RCCL newbies here, and I've been watching the Deluxe Package pricing daily, hoping for deal for our late May trip. It still doesn't make sense for us, as I would easily make it pay, but my wife would not, so together we would lose a lot of money. To confirm, for two in a cabin, BOTH have to buy the same Deluxe package, or can one buy the Deluxe, and the other buy the Refreshment package. I doubt it's the case, but THAT would work perfectly for us.  Thanks...

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is an option, but you have to call - can't do it online.

That's great news, thanks. We have the trip booked through our big box TA, and she handles all our communications with Princess, so can I assume she would handle this purchase with RCCL as well? 

4 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We have the trip booked through our big box TA, and she handles all our communications with Princess, so can I assume she would handle this purchase with RCCL as well? 

You can skip the TA, you could do it yourself.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This is an option, but you have to call - can't do it online.

I’ve seen many ppl comment that you have to call Royal to do something with their booking.  If what’s being discussed is a possibility I too would be keen to do the same.

My question, what is the phone number?  I’m in Australia and booked online through a large online booking company, I’ve never tried or had and direct contact with Royal.

25 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

That's great news, thanks. We have the trip booked through our big box TA, and she handles all our communications with Princess, so can I assume she would handle this purchase with RCCL as well? 

Just call yourself it will be quicker and easier in this instance.

24 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

As mentioned, you can handle this directly.  Just for future reference, anything that involves the "cruise planner" (excursions, dining plans, beverage plans, internet, etc.) is something you can contact RCI about directly.  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, Karmachelle said:

Does anyone know if the "premium coffees" included in the Refreshment Package is the same coffee that you can get using the Coffee Card?  Thanks!

Yes, as Biker19 stated, but I don't believe you are able to use the package on Starbuck's coffees if there is one onboard.