Where to stay 5 nights post cruise in Copenhagen

scseas

Spending five nights in the summer after a Regent cruise. We are avid walkers and can easily do 10 miles per day getting to the sights. Our biggest consideration then would be feeling safe walking home at night from dinner or a night out. I’ve narrowed the choices to two hotels in two different parts of the city:

Skt Petri in Latin Quarter

Hotel NH Collection In Christianshavn

Price is about equal. Thoughts on either the neighborhood or hotels would be appreciated! Traveling with just my wife.

have you considered airbnb?

Mrs and daughter & a girlfriend went to Copen for a few days - just them - got a nice airbnb downtown. Felt very safe and saved some $ + ability to make some own snacks and stuff ...... then went to Bergen and did same thing .... had a lot more room to spread out over a hotel room . . .

just mentioning as many don't consider airbnb for 'over there'

• 2 months later...

We stayed at The Square pre cruise a few years ago. A beautiful hotel & we could walk practically anywhere. Be careful of the bicycles they don’t stop for anyone! Beautiful city, so much to see & do. Hotel is around the corner from from Tivoli Gardens, a must see!

On 3/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, Capt_BJ said:

have you considered airbnb?

Mrs and daughter & a girlfriend went to Copen for a few days - just them - got a nice airbnb downtown. Felt very safe and saved some $ + ability to make some own snacks and stuff ...... then went to Bergen and did same thing .... had a lot more room to spread out over a hotel room . . .

just mentioning as many don't consider airbnb for 'over there'

I look at Airbnb , but there doesn’t appear to be that many available and the ones out there are expensive 

Noticed the same in Amsterdam , compared to 2015 they is a lot few available and it is expensive 

I stayed with my parents at the Good Morning Copenhagen Star in 2018; it's not in either of your mentioned neighborhoods above, but you might be willing to consider it. We had a spacious corner triple, there was an elevator in the building, and the breakfast was very good. It's 2-3 blocks away from the central train station, 4 blocks from a Tivoli Gardens entrance, and there are supermarkets not too far away either. It's near some hostels, so you might encounter some drunk travelers on the sidewalks in the late evenings, but we didn't feel unsafe walking back late from Tivoli or from a quick trip to a supermarket.

Connecting from the hotel to the port involved a light rail ride and then a bus transfer, but I found Copenhagen's public transit to be easily navigable, even with luggage, so I don't imagine you'd have a problem either.