First Time in Tortola/Saint Martin Recommendations

HI everyone,

My husband and I are in our early 30s, no kids.  I would love some suggestions on what to do/where to go while we stop in Tortola and Saint Martin with Celebrity Edge for the day.  We really like scenic places - not super touristy (I know that is a bit redundant since we are tourists ourselves.). We are interested in the following: going to a more seculded beach resort and purchasing a day pass.  Finding a beach that is less crowded with cruisers and renting a beach chair and having beach time.  Renting a kayak.  Booking a tour that maybe takes you out a little ways to a scenic place and being able to sight see.

I was looking at at Secret St Martin in Anse Marsel Bay, they offer a day pass.  Is it better to have a beach day (vs. adventure/sight seeing day) in Tortola, or Saint Martin?  What are the best beaches/scenic places on both islands?

Thank you!

Thank you! With Tortola... I am worried about the crowds. There will be 4 cruise ships docked that day.  WOuld you still recommend seeing the baths?  What about jost van dyke and snorkling?