New to Regent? Some info and tips

On 3/12/2022 at 9:12 AM, CAT58 said:

Thank you for this thread.  It is incredibly helpful for a Regent first timer.  Could you let me know whether Coffee Connection does tea as well as coffee?? Many thanks.

As another tea drinker, i brought a tin of loose tea and some tea filters with me on my last cruise. I did find a selection of tea at CC but found it didn't have the kinds of green tea i prefer.  I brought a filter with tea with me to CC and just got hot water there or i would pick up hot water and take it back to my suite.  I will do the same on my cruise later this year. 

3 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

I’m surprised there is no kettle in the room!

As far as I know only ships like Cunard, Saga and maybe some other UK based ships supply a kettle in the room. In higher grade cabins in most other ships you may get a coffee maker or anyone  can get hot water in a jug supplied on request.

7 hours ago, frantic36 said:

As far as I know only ships like Cunard, Saga and maybe some other UK based ships supply a kettle in the room. In higher grade cabins in most other ships you may get a coffee maker or anyone  can get hot water in a jug supplied on request.

Yes, it’s the U.K. ships we have been on, plus Diamond Princess and Azamara. However, we have found that asking at the front desk for a kettle often works! I’m going to try that first, I can cope if it’s a No, but if you don’t ask….

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

As a tea drinker I really appreciate being able to make a cuppa anytime rather than hoofing it to a café.

Room service on Regent is fast & efficient. They will be happy to bring you a pot of tea anytime day or night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Yes, it’s the U.K. ships we have been on, plus Diamond Princess and Azamara. However, we have found that asking at the front desk for a kettle often works! I’m going to try that first, I can cope if it’s a No, but if you don’t ask….

Recently got off Splendor - we had a set time for morning tea which was lovely, especially taking it on the balcony.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:32 AM, sailing oldie said:

A very useful guide for new Regent cruisers, I wish it had been on here before we went in February!! I can add a minor point to this resource too. When we were getting our suite cards at Miami port, we were asked for ESTA certificates, ie the visa we need to enter USA. These are electronically linked to our UK passports and are not in hard copy. Luckily, we had taken the confirmation email with us, which was accepted. Might be useful for non US residents.

We carried our ESTAs in hard copy for a 'just in case' scenario expecting to produce it at Customs & Immigration, so was surprised to be asked to show it at the port. On landing our passports were checked and approved by an appointed US official. Producing it at the port was a 'jobsworth' exercise, as not all non US residents were asked this - it was totally unwarranted and just resulted in added stress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

You stand a greater chance of getting one if you put in your request beforehand. They likely don't have one at hand, but may be able to get one for you if you ask in advance. Have your travel agent request one for you or, if you didn't use a TA, request it directly from the Regent agent.

Thanks Flossie, Huggsy and wishiweretravelling for all the kettle advice. I don’t really have a TA, I have booked through a very large cruise offer company so I’m not sure they will be able to help with a request in advance. We don’t sail till December so I’m not losing any sleepover the kettle issue. I drink green tea so I will bring my favourite brands with me and get hot water delivered to the cabin every morning. 

6 hours ago, Huggsy said:

We carried our ESTAs in hard copy for a 'just in case' scenario expecting to produce it at Customs & Immigration, so was surprised to be asked to show it at the port. On landing our passports were checked and approved by an appointed US official. Producing it at the port was a 'jobsworth' exercise, as not all non US residents were asked this - it was totally unwarranted and just resulted in added stress.

Just now, sailing oldie said:

You're so right Huggsie, another stressful episode!! We also had trouble in the Covid testing facility, as the lady had never seen a European Covid pass and wouldn't accept it, as it says '3 of 3 vaccinations', she insisted she required 3 individual certificates/app entries. After a lengthy discussion, we got marched off to see the supervisors. Luckily one had seen an EU certificate previously and waved us through. It would have been useful if the staff had been given photocopies of the various acceptable certificates/apps, so they could recognise them. Large drinks all round when we finally got on board!!!

6 hours ago, Huggsy said:

5 hours ago, sailing oldie said:

That's a disgrace what you went through sailing oldie!

AFTER our Covid tests were approved we had to wait further for our vaccination documents to be examined - I thought that was bad enough! Very hard to keep myself 'nice'🤐 Thought I'd won the lottery when we finally boarded!

🍾🥂🥃🍷🍹

3 hours ago, Huggsy said:

That's a disgrace what you went through sailing oldie!

AFTER our Covid tests were approved we had to wait further for our vaccination documents to be examined - I thought that was bad enough! Very hard to keep myself 'nice'🤐 Thought I'd won the lottery when we finally boarded!

🍾🥂🥃🍷🍹

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another newbie room service dining question: On Oceania, in Penthouse cabins and above--room service dinner can be ordered from the menus of any specialty restaurant or the main dining room, and is served course-by-course by your butler.

Having never been on RSSC, what is the policy on room service dinner, particularly for concierge cabins and below? Specialty restaurant menu or room service menu or either? Course by course service or a tray with the entire dinner at once? Thanks!

1 hour ago, ohmark said:

Here's another newbie room service dining question: On Oceania, in Penthouse cabins and above--room service dinner can be ordered from the menus of any specialty restaurant or the main dining room, and is served course-by-course by your butler.

Having never been on RSSC, what is the policy on room service dinner, particularly for concierge cabins and below? Specialty restaurant menu or room service menu or either? Course by course service or a tray with the entire dinner at once? Thanks!

Room service and main dining room menu only.  You can order from the specialty restaurant menus only in the higher level suites. I’m not sure which level, other than to say it is something above penthouse. But I understand you can get the meal course by course in penthouse or above. Concierge and below, it all comes at once.