Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

9 hours ago, ScoobyGal said:

Thanks for the info about your arrival window.  It's interesting to hear the varying experiences.  We were on Freedom in October, out of Miami,  in another suite, and they had us wait in a separate line outside the cruise terminal door.  The earliest arrival time was 12pm and we were there about 11am.  They let us into the suite waiting area shortly after 11am and we were on the ship a little before 12pm.  Do you know if the cruise director, Dennis Charles, will be on Symphony the end of April into May?  We sail on April 30 - May 7th.  Thanks!

I checked with the entertainment team and I was told he should be here through May because he signed on two months ago.

@BennyBrun....WHAT you can't find a couple of cruises to fill in the next 2 weeks until 4/3.   Withdrawals here we come!

It's been another wonderful adventure.  Thanks for sharing.

Starting 4/4 we will be road tripping in our home on wheels from AZ to PA to visit the grandkids for a week.  Then 4/19 onto New Hampshire.  

I will hopefully be following your 4/3 adventure.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun....WHAT you can't find a couple of cruises to fill in the next 2 weeks until 4/3.   Withdrawals here we come!

It's been another wonderful adventure.  Thanks for sharing.

Starting 4/4 we will be road tripping in our home on wheels from AZ to PA to visit the grandkids for a week.  Then 4/19 onto New Hampshire.  

I will hopefully be following your 4/3 adventure.

Hahahah!  Thank you for coming along!  Enjoy your road trip!  Stay safe on the road and enjoy your time with family!

8 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

@BennyBrun which beach…. south beach or chill island beach looks best for soft sand and less seaweed? South Beach looked nice for sand, but the water looked full of seaweed. 
I was thinking of hitting the pool, but it looks so crowded! 

I personally prefer South Beach for the more clam and less kids vibe.  That’s actually sea grass that you are seeing and because it is low tide today you can really see them.  This is very unusual as the swim up bar you have to swim to it and today you can walk to it pretty much.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

@BennyBrun which beach…. south beach or chill island beach looks best for soft sand and less seaweed? South Beach looked nice for sand, but the water looked full of seaweed. 
I was thinking of hitting the pool, but it looks so crowded! 

The Oasis lagoon is usually the most crowded and depending on which ship joins you it can change the vibe real quick.  Chill beach you tend to get a lot more young kids and water activities and much more crowded due to easy access to chill grill.

BennyBrun

I loved our December cruise on Symphony.  these pictures bring back some lovely memories. I have a Wonder of the Seas question.  Do the bathrooms ( ocean view balcony) on Wonder of the Seas have a night light in them?

Thank you 

Edited by The sea calls my name
Correction
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

BennyBrun

I loved our December cruise on Symphony.  these pictures bring back some lovely memories. I have a week-ego question.  Do the bathrooms ( ocean view balcony) on Wonder of the Seas have a night light in them?

Thank you 

Yes there is a nightlight in the bathroom that you have no control over but it won’t be your concern because you will be trying to pry that bathroom door open to get in ( it has magnets all around) even the comedians made fun of it.  Seriously it’s not that bad.  It’s not like the moon in the Oasis bathrooms.

34 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The Oasis lagoon is usually the most crowded and depending on which ship joins you it can change the vibe real quick.  Chill beach you tend to get a lot more young kids and water activities and much more crowded due to easy access to chill grill.

I believe Harmony is the only ship in April @ Coco Cay, but in June Oasis and Freedom are there. But I committed to the Thrill Park in June for my teens. My husband is NOT thrilled, ha ha.

• Haha 1

Day 7 I Skate 

This was very entertaining.  It’s probably more in line with the traditional ice skating shows where 1977 was more a production!  

I have to say that the entertainment onboard Symphony of the Seas 👍👍👍.  I throughly enjoyed the evening entertainment at every venue I have been too.  In the Entertainment category I have to say Symphony wins over the Wonder over the Oasis over the Harmony.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

I believe Harmony is the only ship in April @ Coco Cay, but in June Oasis and Freedom are there. But I committed to the Thrill Park in June for my teens. My husband is NOT thrilled, ha ha.

He will be the ones that I heard on the bridge today on the way back.  They were complaining about how they spent a few hundred dollars on the water park and the kids only did the slides a few times!  The lines were long today !!  Even the compass warns you that 10AM is peak and get there early!

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

He will be the ones that I heard on the bridge today on the way back.  They were complaining about how they spent a few hundred dollars on the water park and the kids only did the slides a few times!  The lines were long today !!  Even the compass warns you that 10AM is peak and get there early!

Yeah. I have weird kids. 1 doesn’t like to swim, but likes  water slides . The other doesn’t want to get her head out of a book unless it’s water slides/ wave pool. Plus I got Black Friday deal. So we will have fun!  Husband isn’t a big complainer  in general and it beats going to work!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Yeah. I have weird kids. 1 doesn’t like to swim, but likes  water slides . The other doesn’t want to get her head out of a book unless it’s water slides/ wave pool. Plus I got Black Friday deal. So we will have fun!  Husband isn’t a big complainer  in general and it beats going to work!

That is great!!!  You guys will have such a blast!  Please let me know what you think of the water park!  I am sure it’s going to be a fun for all kind of cruise!

• Thanks 1

Day 7 Chops 

The dinner experience at Chops tonight was out of this world good.  I thought I was on a Celebrity ship.  The food was fresh, hot and delicious.  I had to make sure that I was at the right place.  That’s the Chops I remembered!

0AD2E0B1-026F-400F-8B3B-9E5201595373.jpeg

CDDB00A4-B989-4866-8945-6924F32D143E.jpeg

A167F65E-E889-4D8D-B002-634364321A5E.jpeg

519E29D2-6CE1-4E29-A3EF-CF4CB6C5AF3C.jpeg

FAFB0F5C-101A-45B3-88AB-0F51E19813D5.jpeg

FC0B1EDF-F482-4A70-BEFB-AC9E558E0DD2.jpeg

1A3DEC70-0933-48AA-A64E-2AAA32D53669.jpeg

B9601CAB-FFAD-4484-A5F0-53B4F109D273.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 7 

I was going to go up and walk around but I think I am done!!!  I “expressed” my gratitude to all the people I interacted with on this cruise earlier tonight and said my farewell for now …I will see some familiar faces in September so I am looking forward to it.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, BennyBrun said:

You are falling behind on your most important priority 😝.  Cozumel is a great place to dive, to snorkel and play on the beach but it’s also great on foot!  It works up a good appetite!!!

Lol! On my artificial hips and knees I swim far better than I walk! 🤣. At least now with the replacement parts I can walk well enough to get myself and all my dive gear from the ship to the dive boat and back. That plus a few hours of swimming under all that water allows me to work up plenty of appetite! 

If DH and I ever meet you, I’ll send him off walking with you while I’m underwater. He likes to walk as much as you seem to. 

I want to go to Wonderland for one reason only. I want that dessert! The World! I’m a very boring eater normally, so most of their other offerings either don’t appeal to me or I’m allergic to them. 

I’m sorry to see this virtual cruise coming to an end. Thank you for taking all of us along with you. I’ll be looking for you in a couple of weeks on Celebrity. Please post a link here so we can find you. 🛳

• Like 1