Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

4 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

Can you get take out for this?  Would love to grab some sushi but would like to enjoy it on our balcony.  

I am not sure.  The fried food with a dome over it would certainly make it soggy so I like to eat it at the restaurant.

@BennyBrun first time poster - followed your Wonder & Symphony virtual cruises and loved them - so just wanted to say thanks so much for doing this. We were on Symphony three weeks ago - on the same itinerary - and it was great to live it again through your eyes. Next up will be Wonder in early 2023. Thanks again and happy travels!

3 hours ago, Stratford1950 said:

Hi Benny I’ve really enjoyed following you on your live blogs for the past month or so. My favourite Oasis class ship is the Allure…possibly because it was the first ship my wife and I ever cruised on in 2012.

We are sailing on the Celebrity Equinox April 24 for 12 nights which will be our first cruise since February 2020 when the gift that keeps on giving changed everything.

I’m wondering, have you ever been on the Equinox and if so, do you have any suggestions regarding what to do or see?

Thanks for the entertain blogs!

Thank you so much!  I am sure first ship with your wife was definitely something special.  I love Celebrity but I have only been on the APEX and Summit… ALOT of SUMMIT 😝 love that ship love that crew and yeah love that it leaves out of NJ 😂.  I have not been on the equinox!  I am sure you will have a great time.

3 hours ago, fofita01 said:

Benny,

Thanks for taking the time to post a great pictorial live review. I thoroughly enjoyed it - so much so that I mostly read it in one sitting - I just booked the Symphony on Thursday evening and I read your review shortly afterwards. The timing couldn’t have been better.

This will be my first time cruising on Royal, but I’ve done 24 other Carnival cruises, so I’m so excited for something different.

I have a question for you (or anyone who may know on this thread):

I HATE checking my luggage, so I typically only do carry-on size for flights if at all possible. On Carnival I just bring my larger (checked size) bag with me through the terminal security checkpoint and it fits perfectly through the x-ray machine. I have looked on the Royal website FAQs and asked a rep, but cannot find the answer…. Do you know if the X-ray machines in Royal’s terminal at PortMiami are “larger” that can fit a large bag (like the size you’d check for a flight) or if they’re like the airport ones that can only fit a carry-on size bag?

Thanks in advance, and safe travels back to NJ!

Thank you so much!  If the checked luggage is 25-26” and you don’t over stuff it then you can take it with you onboard on your own.  No one will assist.  They might try to tell you it won’t fit at the door but as long as it’s 25-26” not overstuffed you are good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jk131313 said:

Thank you for this post...we got on the Symphony today after you got off. Your info will be very helpful all week

Thank you so much and have a great cruise!!!  Feel free to comment back on how it’s going and hits different!

7 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Benny, another great virtual cruise for me. Thank you for taking us along and for the visual aids.  It was a lot of fun. Have a safe trip home. Until next time . . . 

Thank you so much!  I am glad you enjoyed it.  The next one depart on 4/3!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TexasRon said:

I have been lazy while following these reports--I did not log in on my phone reading them during my down time after knee replacement surgery...only because I did not remember the password.

Anyway, I want to thank you for the wonderful virtual cruises you have taken us on recently.  I have enjoyed the pictures and the wealth of information you share.  Looking forward to the next one!

Thank you so much for commenting I appreciate it.  I am glad you had a great virtual cruise.  The next one embarks on 4/3!!  It’s going to be a relaxing one too 😂 

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you so much!  If the checked luggage is 25-26” and you don’t over stuff it then you can take it with you onboard on your own.  No one will assist.  They might try to tell you it won’t fit at the door but as long as it’s 25-26” not overstuffed you are good.

Thank you so much for the reply! This is exactly the info I was looking for!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, odie1024 said:

@BennyBrun

Look forward to your next review, I have not cruised Celebrity in about 25 years so anything like this review I will be ready to get on that cruise line after RC.

Benny will be on the Edge, which is the first ship in the class for X.  The others are it's identical sister ship the Apex, in which I had the pleasure of meeting Waldo, I mean Benny back in January.  The other ships in that class are the Beyond coming out this year and the Ascent coming out in 2023.  Both are slightly bigger with an additional deck and more amenities like two cantilevered pools on the top deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The next one embarks on 4/3!!  It’s going to be a relaxing one too 😂 

Thanks for another great review.  Looking forward to your 4/3 X sailing.  It matches up with our 4/10 B2B on the Discovery Princess.  Because of Covid construction delays, we'll be on the third and fourth sailings.  Hopefully there won't be too many glitches and shortages, but the bar menus I've seen look awesome, so I know we'll have a good time.  Take care.

• Like 1

Thank you so much!  I am sure first ship with your wife was definitely something special.  I love Celebrity but I have only been on the APEX and Summit… ALOT of SUMMIT 😝 love that ship love that crew and yeah love that it leaves out of NJ 😂.  I have not been on the equinox!  I am sure you will have a great time.

The Summit is our favourite celebrity ship as well we were on it the last we cruised in February 2020…who knew it would be 26 months before we’d be on a ship again.

18 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Summit was our first cruise and we loved it.  Dying to see it since it was refurbished.

Great reviews Benny, thanks.

When we were on it February 22-29/20 it had just been refurbished and it looked great. The new colours made a big difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Thanks for another great review.  Looking forward to your 4/3 X sailing.  It matches up with our 4/10 B2B on the Discovery Princess.  Because of Covid construction delays, we'll be on the third and fourth sailings.  Hopefully there won't be too many glitches and shortages, but the bar menus I've seen look awesome, so I know we'll have a good time.  Take care.

Have a great cruise!  I know you and your wife will!  Can’t wait to hear all about it!!!  I can totally see the two of you having lots of fun and drinks at the bar trying out it all out!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stratford1950 said:

When we were on it February 22-29/20 it had just been refurbished and it looked great. The new colours made a big difference.

You sailed with Waldo and you didn’t even know it 😝. Was on that cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

@BennyBrunthanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us! Only 1 more question. Do you get your Sea Pass card at check- in at the terminal or is it waiting for you outside your cabin in an envelope? 

safe travels back home! 

You will find your key cards outside your state room waiting for you!  I would not fuss with the digital key.  It’s fun the first time, other times not so much!  The sea pass card works much better!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Summit was our first cruise and we loved it.  Dying to see it since it was refurbished.

Great reviews Benny, thanks.

The refurbished Summit is very nice!  The only negative part is that they chopped down the size of Tuscan Grill by 1/3.  That is my favorite specialty dinning venue!

• Like 1

Day 8

Made it back home !  There were a few cancellations today (JFK to MIA and DTW to MIA) this morning hopefully cruisers made it onto their ship.  Flights were of course delayed going back to NYC.  Once I got to LGA flights leaving were delayed too but I made it back!  I get to unpack all the freebies, laundry, work, fly out midweek, and then back then get ready for Celebrity Edge… just your typical two week schedule 😂 

• Like 6

There were a few cancellations today (JFK to MIA and DTW to MIA) this morning hopefully cruisers made it onto their ship.  

They have nobody to blame but the person looking back at them in the mirror for booking a same day flight.

20 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I am not sure.  The fried food with a dome over it would certainly make it soggy so I like to eat it at the restaurant.

Our granddaughter ordered too much sushi and they gave her a to-go box. She ate it later that night for a midnight snack - so I would say - yes, you can get it to-go. 

• Thanks 1