ULTIMATE ARCADE PACKAGE , ANYBODY ?????

fox02554

I purchased an Ultimate arcade package for each grand child , 16 girl & 17 year old boy , really haven't heard any reviews one way or the other . I know they don't work on ticket games, don't think thats an issue , kind-a bummed they don't work on bowling. anybody got anything else ? we have 2 sea days , on the breakaway ( 04/17/2022 ) , water slides , rope course. I'm not even sure they will get the full use out of the package now. would a $$ gift card work in the arcade ? 

We've gotten them a couple of times and thought it was worth it and great- the kids could go there for a little bit while we were relaxing in the room or elsewhere. We went as a family a couple of times and played air hockey. Before we had it we were constantly worrying that they would rack up a large bill, so knowing it was taken care of ahead of time was really helpful. Most games were $1-3 each time, so it adds up really quickly if you don't have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjm11 said:

Before we had it we were constantly worrying that they would rack up a large bill, so knowing it was taken care of ahead of time was really helpful. Most games were $1-3 each time, so it adds up really quickly if you don't have it.

that was my thought , sea days evenings , papa & I are going to hang , they can wander where they will and I don'thave to worry if they want to hit the arcade for a pinball game or 2

Yes, I was slightly concerned that with everything else going on they wouldn't use it, but honestly it was easy to just go for a half hour or so- and a lot easier than some of the other activities that were more of a time commitment. But even in a half hour they could quickly rack the cost of what the package amounted to per day. I'm planning to get it again.

Can I ask where you've seen it online? I can't find it for my Bliss trip at the end of May.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

Yes, I was slightly concerned that with everything else going on they wouldn't use it, but honestly it was easy to just go for a half hour or so- and a lot easier than some of the other activities that were more of a time commitment. But even in a half hour they could quickly rack the cost of what the package amounted to per day. I'm planning to get it again.

Can I ask where you've seen it online? I can't find it for my Bliss trip at the end of May.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/arcade-package

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

It appears for sale online at the 60 days out from sailing date.

22 hours ago, fox02554 said:

I purchased an Ultimate arcade package for each grand child , 16 girl & 17 year old boy , really haven't heard any reviews one way or the other . I know they don't work on ticket games, don't think thats an issue , kind-a bummed they don't work on bowling. anybody got anything else ? we have 2 sea days , on the breakaway ( 04/17/2022 ) , water slides , rope course. I'm not even sure they will get the full use out of the package now. would a $$ gift card work in the arcade ? 

Not worth the price for most folks.  Game selection is rather limited and it gets old after a while.  The NCL gift cards can be used towards anything on your account.

16 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Not worth the price for most folks.  Game selection is rather limited and it gets old after a while.  The NCL gift cards can be used towards anything on your account.

I had thought of that also , a gift cart in that amount would work on bowling , virtual reality   etc . and when it was gone it would be gone 

14 minutes ago, fox02554 said:

I had thought of that also , a gift cart in that amount would work on bowling , virtual reality   etc . and when it was gone it would be gone 

Be careful because it’s easy to swipe that card and run up a hefty amount and you may find that buying the package would have been cheaper. We bought it for our grandson 2 years ago and it was well worth it, even just spending an hour each evening in the arcade. You can only swipe the card a certain amount of times in a certain period of time (I can’t remember specifics, but you only have to wait a few minutes). All 3 of us were able to play with the one card. 

However, I’ve read on the boards that many of the machines have been removed due to COVID and there are fewer to choose from. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luvmypups said:

Be careful because it’s easy to swipe that card and run up a hefty amount and you may find that buying the package would have been cheaper. We bought it for our grandson 2 years ago and it was well worth it, even just spending an hour each evening in the arcade. You can only swipe the card a certain amount of times in a certain period of time (I can’t remember specifics, but you only have to wait a few minutes). All 3 of us were able to play with the one card. 

However, I’ve read on the boards that many of the machines have been removed due to COVID and there are fewer to choose from. 

Not a problem, just et a spend limit on the kids' cards.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 10:00 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

Not a problem, just et a spend limit on the kids' cards.

Who do I speak to in order to set a spend limit on the card for my kid?

Edited by 14pp