Queen’s Grills butlers - what do they do?

AspirationalFlyer

10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

2023 brochure has this  to say

Enjoy a complimentary in-suite bar (stocked with two bottles of wine or spirits of your choice, and soft drinks)

so I imagine it's still the same as Big mac quoted.

When the FAQs are inaccurate or at best ambiguous over a factual matter like that, you can understand why people think it might be fine to ignore the dress code.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

When the FAQs are inaccurate or at best ambiguous over a factual matter like that, you can understand why people think it might be fine to ignore the dress code.

It's probably the usual 'Cunard's right hand doesn't know what its left hand has said [or written].  🙂

55 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If you are booked in a Queens Grill Suite, we offer a complementary mini-bar. The mini-bar is stocked with two bottles of 750ml wine or 1 bottle of spirit of your choice from a selection advised by your butler/steward. A variety of mixers and soft drinks* will also be provided.

*Substitutions can be made, however they may incur an additional charge. All drinks are subject to availability. 

Notice reference to 1 bottle of spirit in this extract from FAQs. Is this happening?

On a QM2 2-nighter last month my partner and I were offered a single bottle of spirits, or two bottles of wine. I assumed it was due to the shorter itinerary, but maybe it’s standard now? (We chose the wine).

12 minutes ago, Jonem2001 said:

On a QM2 2-nighter last month my partner and I were offered a single bottle of spirits, or two bottles of wine. I assumed it was due to the shorter itinerary, but maybe it’s standard now? (We chose the wine).

We had the same on a 2 night cruise in November 2019 so it might have been cruise length.

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

This was the QG suite drinks list in November. Our butler provided lovely hot and cold canapés each evening we entertained in the suite as well as food from QG restaurant menu. 

Also remember there is a pillow menu. 

16285A7D-9D8F-4F6C-B879-1B35622093C2.jpeg

8DE6008D-4C9B-4204-A545-E17159731C8E.jpeg

3E67328E-829B-4229-96A5-6C6EEA13C31D.jpeg

2DD659D9-0B4F-463D-A5A9-1EC945F94EFB.jpeg

This list is nothing like the one we received on QE in our Q6 suite last November. The list was about 6in x 4 in and had nothing like the choice that is on this one and we also did not receive a pillow menu either. If it was like that I would have filled it in and left if for the butler, as the choice was limited and no mention of brandy I waited until we spoke to him and I asked for a Courvoisier or Martell and he said it was not available so I asked for a Johnnie Walker because no Glenfiddich either and he bought a Famous Grouse  and for the wife a Smirnoff Red again as there was no Grey Goose on the list.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

This list is nothing like the one we received on QE in our Q6 suite last November. The list was about 6in x 4 in and had nothing like the choice that is on this one and we also did not receive a pillow menu either. If it was like that I would have filled it in and left if for the butler, as the choice was limited and no mention of brandy I waited until we spoke to him and I asked for a Courvoisier or Martell and he said it was not available so I asked for a Johnnie Walker because no Glenfiddich either and he bought a Famous Grouse  and for the wife a Smirnoff Red again as there was no Grey Goose on the list.

Do you mean November 2021?

I think we honestly just got a very poor butler. Like I said he didnt even appear and introduce himself until we had been in our suite for 2-3hrs after embarkation and the cabin steward came within minutes of our arrival and said butler would be along shortly. He came again about 1 hr later and asked again whether the butler had been and when I finished the whisky by about 9nts into our cruise it was never replaced. Unfortunately for Cunard us having a poor butler and none of the services that were available we will never book a QG again and be happy to cruise in PG.