Authorisation for Bermuda

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have been there  over 15 times. Not boring at all. Plenty to see and do. Also  a World Heritage Site in St. George and many beautiful pink sand beaches. Pretty good snorkeling and great for water sports. May be you find it boring because it is safe? 

Well perhaps, I do like to be unsafe when I travel, so there is that, still boring though

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Well perhaps, I do like to be unsafe when I travel, so there is that, still boring though

Well to each their own opinion. None has to go to Bermuda. I don't think boring is true but there are valid reasons not to go so to be fair I will mention some of them.  I think the Travel Authorization is a valid reason and in my opinion it is nonsense. The cruise lines can verify those documents.. Another reason some might not go which  is the current Bermuda government does not want to allow same sex marriage and last week won a court case  reversing a previous case that allowed it. So they could decide now not to allow. When the gay community finds out about this certainly some will cancel and I would not blame them for canceling. 

Edited by Charles4515

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Well to each their own opinion. None has to go to Bermuda. I don't think boring is true but there are valid reasons not to go so to be fair I will mention some of them.  I think the Travel Authorization is a valid reason and in my opinion it is nonsense. The cruise lines can verify those documents.. Another reason some might not go which  is the current Bermuda government does not want to allow same sex marriage and last week won a court case  reversing a previous case that allowed it. So they could decide now not to allow. When the gay community finds out about this certainly some will cancel and I would not blame them for canceling. 

oh I had not heard that.  I am not of that lifestyle, but I do not feel those who are should be allowed to live in peace.  I mean if the UK and Canada allows same sex marriage why would Bermuda not since they are part of the Commonwealth.    

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh I had not heard that.  I am not of that lifestyle, but I do not feel those who are should be allowed to live in peace.  I mean if the UK and Canada allows same sex marriage why would Bermuda not since they are part of the Commonwealth.    

There are plenty of Commonwealth countries that don't permit same-sex marriages.

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

It just happened. I have the same opinion as you. Bermuda has it's own constitution with self rule. The court that reversed the previous court case was the UK Privy council. Their ruling was that here was nothing in the Bermuda constituition that prohibited Bermuda from disallowing same sex marriage. So it ruled on technical grounds. 

14 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

There are plenty of Commonwealth countries that don't permit same-sex marriages.

That is true. It is the same with Covid travel resrictions. Each country has their own policy. What will upset a lot of people is that this is the first time same sex marriage allowed then reversed. It will also effect some cruise lines as some registered in Bermuda so their captains could perform marriages onboard and marketed that they could perform same sex marriages too. Some scheduled marriages may be affected.

Edited by Charles4515

22 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Maybe if governments would get out of the marriage business completely (leave it to the respective religions) and treat everyone as individuals then everything would be much simpler. Tax codes would certainly be easier and divorce courts would be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Maybe if governments would get out of the marriage business completely (leave it to the respective religions) and treat everyone as individuals then everything would be much simpler. Tax codes would certainly be easier and divorce courts would be a thing of the past.

Hmmmm, but many religions are against it.