Help me pick my Carnival Legend Obstructed Balcony

Abr155

There is really no difference between any of them.  I have sailed in a few of these rooms on both the Legend and the Pride (same layout).

As long as you are ok with looking at some emergency life boats when sitting on your deck, they are fine.

What is your issue on picking one out?  what are you trying to avoid or figure out?

Just now, Buckeye_Siggy said:

There is really no difference between any of them.  I have sailed in a few of these rooms on both the Legend and the Pride (same layout).

As long as you are ok with looking at some emergency life boats when sitting on your deck, they are fine.

What is your issue on picking one out?  what are you trying to avoid or figure out?

For some reason, having the lifeboat there is giving me comfort as we are traveling with our 2 year old

And just wasn’t sure if trying to snag a room in between 2 boats is better than one right behind a boat. From videos, it actually looks like the boats sit just below the balcony which is kind of nice!

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would say the view is better trying to get between two lifeboats. It is for the french door cabins why not these? Why would you pick one looking directly at a lifeboat if you have a choice of in between?

Honestly, I didn’t even know they had different doors! And just wasn’t sure if in between was like a big beam or roping or something. The ones with the lifeboat in front isn’t fully blocked. The boat sits a deck below, so you’re looking over the top!

2 minutes ago, Abr155 said:

Honestly, I didn’t even know they had different doors! And just wasn’t sure if in between was like a big beam or roping or something. The ones with the lifeboat in front isn’t fully blocked. The boat sits a deck below, so you’re looking over the top!

Miracle hasnt been converted yet and still has french doors. Same class ship.

Why would you prefer to stare at a life boat. In fact people used to post which end has taller lifeboats to see over. I think its nonsense to say you would prefer to stare at a tall lifeboat rather than see some water.

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think its nonsense to say you would prefer to stare at a tall lifeboat rather than see some water.

Oh I’m with you in this! Just found a video that showed an in between view and it’s clear. Like I said, was a little worried the in between view was blocked by roping or beams etc. Doesn't seem to be the case, so looks like 5151 is the way to go! Thanks for your insight 

• Like 1

These are obstructed balconies, category 7A, not the 4K’s that have lifeboats right outside the windows.  5151 is the obvious choice from those shown as available, because it has the space between the lifeboats so you’ll be able to look down between the boats and see the water.

We are booked in June in Cabins 5178 & 5180. Me & DH in one & DD & grandkids next door. Anyone have info on opening balcony partition. We could not get adjoining cabins so that would be the next best thing.

Thanks!

Based on the map you posted, I would choose 5179, followed by 5174 or 5175, followed by 5182.  The forward three boats in that section are tender boats and are significantly taller than the regular lifeboats, providing a much greater obstruction to viewing from your balcony. I think 5179 would provide a good view to the forward, starboard, and aft, with limited obstruction.

Here's a video from 5184 which gives a good idea of what you can expect to see from that area:

Edited by knagl
  • Thanks 1