Carnival Air

travelplus

Just booked a one way to London as we want to go to Paris and perhaps other destinations in Europe..Carnival has Flexible Cruise Air at $530 for non stop on Virgin out of SFO with bags and seats included .

When I called Carnival Air they stated that there was a change and to call back in  48 hours. Virgin shows the same flights. Not sure what is up.

How do you like Virgin's Economy Class? Do they offer alcohol before with the meal and after the meal? How is the breakfast service.

Were on a 787

Thanks

16 hours ago, travelplus said:

Just booked a one way to London as we want to go to Paris and perhaps other destinations in Europe..Carnival has Flexible Cruise Air at $530 for non stop on Virgin out of SFO with bags and seats included .

When I called Carnival Air they stated that there was a change and to call back in  48 hours. Virgin shows the same flights. Not sure what is up.

How do you like Virgin's Economy Class? Do they offer alcohol before with the meal and after the meal? How is the breakfast service.

Were on a 787

Thanks

There's a chance that Carnival switched you to other flights and took you off of that Virgin flight, and that while the Virgin flight is still the same, you're no longer on it. That's always a risk with booking through the cruise line, so I would definitely call them to find out. 

I haven't flown Virgin Economy since like 2001, so I don't have much to add on that front, sorry. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

There's a chance that Carnival switched you to other flights and took you off of that Virgin flight, and that while the Virgin flight is still the same, you're no longer on it. That's always a risk with booking through the cruise line, so I would definitely call them to find out. 

I haven't flown Virgin Economy since like 2001, so I don't have much to add on that front, sorry. 

We need the nonstop . How could they take us off the flight?

19 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Well, do you need the nonstop, or do you want the nonstop? 

Again, I am not saying this has happened, but I am saying it's a possibility. One disadvantage of cruiseline-procured air is that you often don't have as much control over it as if you had purchased directly from the airline. The cruise line is going to do what's best for them, and until you have a confirmed ticket (not a reservation, but a ticket), they may move you around to what suits them best, not necessarily what suits you best. 

But beyond that, none of us will know why Carnival called you unless you call them back. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, travelplus said:

If the new flight does not meet with your needs, then you call and ask about being put back on that flight and/or ask what the additional cost is associated with that flight and/or book independently.

bon voyage

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

We need the nonstop.

Need?  Really?

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

How could they take us off the flight?

Because you were never actually ticketed on that flight.  So you weren't "taken off".

• Thanks 1

Just to share info for TravelPlus

Fly2Fun which is the air accommodations that you get from Carnival, is NOT the same as the air travel that you would buy directly from an Airline such as Virgin, or Delta, or any other commercial airline. Air2Sea is a consolidator.

They negotiate with airlines for seats on plane years in advance. The Terms and Restrictions may or may not be very different than what you will get if you buy directly.

Right now,,, You have paid Fun2Fly for a couple of seats on an airplane that is going in your direction. You may choose what airline, but the final determination will be made by Air2Sea. 999 times out of 1000, you get what you want when you want it and sit where you want to sit. But that 1 time,,,, this might be it.

And BTW, Fly2Fun does not actually "pay" for your flight until about 60 days prior.  You may have a "reservation". but the flight won't be officially "ticketed" until the airline receives it's money. There is a big difference between "reservation" and "ticketed".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Just to share info for TravelPlus

Fly2Fun which is the air accommodations that you get from Carnival, is NOT the same as the air travel that you would buy directly from an Airline such as Virgin, or Delta, or any other commercial airline. Air2Sea is a consolidator.

They negotiate with airlines for seats on plane years in advance. The Terms and Restrictions may or may not be very different than what you will get if you buy directly.

Right now,,, You have paid Fun2Fly for a couple of seats on an airplane that is going in your direction. You may choose what airline, but the final determination will be made by Air2Sea. 999 times out of 1000, you get what you want when you want it and sit where you want to sit. But that 1 time,,,, this might be it.

And BTW, Fly2Fun does not actually "pay" for your flight until about 60 days prior.  You may have a "reservation". but the flight won't be officially "ticketed" until the airline receives it's money. There is a big difference between "reservation" and "ticketed".

I understand this and they advertised the nonstop flight . I will wait and see 

14 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Cool.

Glad to hear you understand how it works. Hope it all works out for you.

Edited by klfrodo

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

Why do I suspect that if you go into the actual terms and conditions, there will be a clause indicating that nothing is guaranteed, and that arrangements can be changed prior to any ticketing.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Why do I suspect that if you go into the actual terms and conditions, there will be a clause indicating that nothing is guaranteed, and that arrangements can be changed prior to any ticketing.

On the other hand if you were advertised a "Non Stop flight" on a flight that is operating and then you are switched to  a 1 or 2 stop flight that could impact some people's plans.  If they had added to the terms you click"Flights are subject to change" that would help, In addition I was given a PNR# from Virgin and it still appears in manage my booking. The agent told me to give it 48 hours from yesterday so we shall see.

OP here I called Carnival this morning and they ticketed my reservations. I just have to call in for my Mother's to ticket  early next week. As its on a special discounted fare we had to pay Final Payment for air and cruise right away.  We have our Virgin flights as scheduled and are very pleased. Our fare includes free seat assignment, 1 checked bag and carry on. Very pleased with the time and price $530 1 way as we will book onward travel from Paris.

Edited by travelplus